2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PhillipM
PhillipM

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Or just that they expect to be in midfield traffic and are simulating for it...

Capharol
Capharol

PhillipM wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 17:58
Or just that they expect to be in midfield traffic and are simulating for it...
or that they are front runners way ahead of the others and are simulating for that :wink: :D

PhillipM
PhillipM

No, they'll be running a race sim from previous data. They'll be simulating traffic after a pitstop, etc.

etusch

Dazed1 wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 17:56
Arguably the most optimistic statement of the young season: " Red Bull expects “far more mature” Verstappen to be patient."
I think Redbull's season target is wcc and they said to drivers bring points home safely.

Marti_EF3

:roll: :roll:

etusch

Redbull looks very fast at turns compared to McLaren. Of course we don't know what McLaren are doing at this short video. But good sign.

Bill
Bill

Rbr have said the goal is to make Max the youngest champion this year,the original plan was for this year a learning and transition but since the Honda engine is so good the really no excuse than to go full throttle.just have to wait for aero package next week if they are around 2 tenth behind Ferrari know it could propel them to being the fastest or they are fastest in other track with different characteristics to Barcelona

etusch

It is what I think if there is such a small gap. But last day of testing Gasly's stint was faster than Ferrari in some point with same tyre but unknown fuel loads ( according to autosport live commentater).
so it may be something like what we see with Ferrari and Mercedes last year. As you know Ferrari is better in race but not in qualifying.

This is some kind of optimism :-).

we still didn't see real pace of teams. We can see better after second tests. I wander Honda's party mode. Will they be faster with it from one of (or both ) mercedes or Ferrari? Will they be better at least one driver from both rivals. İf they can be better than 6th place every race it would be really good. Or if Redbull second faster , if they can get second place in qualifying by beating one of fastest...
I prefer to see Redbull fastest or very close to faster car in race trim.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

etusch wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 13:35
It is what I think if there is such a small gap. But last day of testing Gasly's stint was faster than Ferrari in some point with same tyre but unknown fuel loads ( according to autosport live commentater).
so it may be something like what we see with Ferrari and Mercedes last year. As you know Ferrari is better in race but not in qualifying.

This is some kind of optimism :-).

we still didn't see real pace of teams. We can see better after second tests. I wander Honda's party mode. Will they be faster with it from one of (or both ) mercedes or Ferrari? Will they be better at least one driver from both rivals. İf they can be better than 6th place every race it would be really good. Or if Redbull second faster , if they can get second place in qualifying by beating one of fastest...
I prefer to see Redbull fastest or very close to faster car in race trim.
My worry about the party mode is that Honda will always do things by the book, the won't break the rules. But Ferrari and Mercedes will continue to do things that are contrary to the rules and they get away with it. I feel the FIA need to be stricter with those 2 teams.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Capharol
Capharol

Ground Effect wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 13:41
My worry about the party mode is that Honda will always do things by the book, the won't break the rules. But Ferrari and Mercedes will continue to do things that are contrary to the rules and they get away with it. I feel the FIA need to be stricter with those 2 teams.
you have prove for these allegations or assumptions?

etusch

Ground Effect wrote:

Tanabe san talked about grey areas in the rules and said that rules must be more specific. From that comment, I think, they are not sure what they can do about that. But one side of me says that Honda & Redbull may find some grey area to work on. Who knows.

Wouter

Ground Effect wrote:
I agree to that. Honda always do things by the book, they don't like to break the rules.
They want to win in a fair way.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Capharol wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 14:02
Ground Effect wrote:
What @Groud Effect says are no allegations en assumpions.
It is generally known what he says.
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

I remember on the early 00's that Honda used an "extra" fuel tank, and they got punished. So... Not always they do things by the book

Capharol
Capharol

Wouter wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 15:04
Capharol wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 14:02
Ground Effect wrote:
What @Groud Effect says are no allegations en assumpions.
It is generally known what he says.
no not as long as it isn't proven, that's why i asked if he has prove....till then they are Assumptions/Allegations
have you seen or read somewhere that Ferrari or Mercedes are not playing by the rule and Honda is…. how do you know Honda plays by the book?, because they say so? because we think they are so nice and we take for granted they play by the book?
ALL teams searching the grey areas if they can find a loophole in the ruling, Merc, Ferrari, RB, Haas …. all do and because if you honestly think they play by the book, i guess you should rethink it
Marti_EF3 wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 15:18
I remember on the early 00's that Honda used an "extra" fuel tank, and they got punished. So... Not always they do things by the book
Exactly...