F1 2019 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FrukostScones

Re: F1 2019 Pre-Season Testing Thread

jumpingfish wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 14:30
What's type of tyres was on Merc during that super 3rd sector? C5?
C2
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sierra117

Is there no broadcast at all?
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Capharol
Capharol

Seanspeed wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 14:33
Capharol wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 11:32
reading in the chat on youtube Ferrari is having engine problems
Well I probably wouldn't have believed if you if you told me Marca was reporting this, but a person in the Youtube live chat?! Good as confirmed.
i just pass on the info what i read i never claimed it is true.... so you can keep your sarcasm for yourself
later Ferrari said themselves it was cooling (and all believe it because ferrari said so, do you really think Ferrari would confirm an engine problem.... don't think so ..... but you are the all-known F1-expert here =D> :roll:

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Capharol wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 15:04
Seanspeed wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 14:33
Capharol wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 11:32
reading in the chat on youtube Ferrari is having engine problems
Well I probably wouldn't have believed if you if you told me Marca was reporting this, but a person in the Youtube live chat?! Good as confirmed.
i just pass on the info what i read i never claimed it is true.... so you can keep your sarcasm for yourself
later Ferrari said themselves it was cooling (and all believe it because ferrari said so, do you really think Ferrari would confirm an engine problem.... don't think so ..... but you are the all-known F1-expert here =D> :roll:
I apologize for the humor.

Schuttelberg

Waiting for Toto to tell us how Alfa Romeo are a genuine threat this year for the titles!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

FrukostScones

BOT stopped turn 3.

Game Over.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Sieper

Just hiding the pace.

Could be anything, lets wait and see what the cause was.

Phil

Schuttelberg wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 15:15
Waiting for Toto to tell us how Alfa Romeo are a genuine threat this year for the titles!
I honestly can't relate to your dislike for the Mercedes team or Toto. Maybe I'm looking at this too far from the opposite camp being a Mercedes supporter and all, but I find their communication to the press/fans spot on and way better than most teams. Toto as well is nothing but professional, yet evidently very vested into the performance of his own team. Despite leading one of the most successful teams in F1 history, he is doing everything he should be in order to keep them as motivated and successful. If I were a fan of any other team, I'd be envious of not having him. I may not have thought that when Brawn was let go by end of 2013, but I very much rate Toto as one of the pillars to the modern success of the Mercedes AMG team.

And I'd much rather have him downplay his own team as favorites than come out playing the arrogance card. :idea:

Speaking of which; I am also a very big fan of RedBull as a team and their communication. Not so much Helmut Marko (don't care much for him), but I do like Christian Horner. For what it's worth, I also liked Arrivabene/Ferrari, except for the fact that they pretty much refuse to talk to the media most of the time, which IMO is very counter-productive.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Phil wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 15:55
Schuttelberg wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 15:15
I honestly can't relate to your dislike for the Mercedes team or Toto. Maybe I'm looking at this too far from the opposite camp being a Mercedes supporter and all, but I find their communication to the press/fans spot on and way better than most teams. Toto as well is nothing but professional, yet evidently very vested into the performance of his own team. Despite leading one of the most successful teams in F1 history, he is doing everything he should be in order to keep them as motivated and successful. If I were a fan of any other team, I'd be envious of not having him. I may not have thought that when Brawn was let go by end of 2013, but I very much rate Toto as one of the pillars to the modern success of the Mercedes AMG team.

And I'd much rather have him downplay his own team as favorites than come out playing the arrogance card. :idea:

Speaking of which; I am also a very big fan of RedBull as a team and their communication. Not so much Helmut Marko (don't care much for him), but I do like Christian Horner. For what it's worth, I also liked Arrivabene/Ferrari, except for the fact that they pretty much refuse to talk to the media most of the time, which IMO is very counter-productive.
I think you’re right. You’re in too deep.

(I know you weren’t responding to me directly buuuuut) my issue is that it’s so transparent. Toto is cool, calm and collected while he plays down his teams odds and plays up everyone else’s. last year was the first time we’ve seen them really falter, with Lewis and Toto both spouting paranoid delusions of a Ferrari conspiracy against them. First time they’ve truly been under pressure and the “amazing sportsperson” act was dropped pretty quickly.

I do, for the most part, like Toto and think he is great with the media. It’s just like dude... why? Sometimes. You must admit?!

I appreciate ferrari’s approach so far this winter (maybe the Binotto effect). They’ve spoken, really, only of their own performance. The most I’ve seen them speculate about others is saying not to underestimate Mercedes IF they are behind Ferrari (which I think he doubts as much as the rest of us). I think, overall, that’s the best strategy for any team.

The Engineer
The Engineer

Toto is trying to keep people on side, playing the underdog card and going quietly about their business. People like the underdog, if they were saying we're number1 the public would want them knocked off their perch. It's perfect marketing for MB and Petronas.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Vettels 18.2 on C3 is pretty impressive there

Sieper

depending on fuel load (but likely this will be a 15-20 laps stint) that indeed is the quickest so far on the C3.

jumpingfish

The Engineer wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 16:12
Toto is trying to keep people on side, playing the underdog card and going quietly about their business. People like the underdog, if they were saying we're number1 the public would want them knocked off their perch. It's perfect marketing for MB and Petronas.
Wolff is some kind of tricky fox. Last year he said that their engine could explode in the last laps of the race. After that, Hamilton won the next qualification and ran the entire race with the same engine. Surely this year Mercedes brought a chariot, which is ahead of the rest of the peloton by 0.5 seconds from the circle

MtthsMlw

Vettel did 10 laps, two were 18.2s.