2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

No, he quite obviously said that the car is currently .2 down on Ferrari and they would have to find it through the chassis, but it's imminent the latest till Melbourne as they would be bringing updates all around in forthcoming weeks.
Thank you

etusch

Wouter wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 17:59
maguetox wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 17:48
Is really difficult to read Marko comments, to my understanding, Marko comments have to different interpretations, one interpretation is that the Honda PU is on par with the Ferrari one (very difficult) or the Honda PU is at the moment at the max of their HP gains and that´s why they need to find more speed on their chassis, basically the same situation that RBR was with Renault in previous years.
What Helmut Marko says is that at the moment the Honda engine is 0.2 seconds slower than the Ferrari engine.
They will compensate that this week with their chassis / car with upgrades.
That is not the same situation as with Renault, because then there was a gap of +/- 0.7 sec, which they could not compensate with the car.
I think he is talking about whole package. But it is hard to get update for engine in such a short time with that much power. if there is not somewhere Honda can gain performance by remapping.
Probably, there are Redbull's ongoing works for update on chassis side and he is talking about it.
Honda may not be as powerful as Ferrari or Mercedes but Honda maybe powerful enough to beat them back of a good chassis. We will see this during 2019 season.

For another subject in this page: there was a translation article shared here was saying that Honda's 2018 soec mgu-h was installed car after that race, together with hartley's car.
Broken mgu-h was transfered from year before or from tests. After that Honda engine almost issue free. When we look first tests they can easily apply 5 unit per season plan. 5 engine per season is very logical.
Last edited by etusch on 25 Feb 2019, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

GhostF1
GhostF1

etusch wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 19:00
Wouter wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 17:59
maguetox wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 17:48

Is really difficult to read Marko comments, to my understanding, Marko comments have to different interpretations, one interpretation is that the Honda PU is on par with the Ferrari one (very difficult) or the Honda PU is at the moment at the max of their HP gains and that´s why they need to find more speed on their chassis, basically the same situation that RBR was with Renault in previous years.
What Helmut Marko says is that at the moment the Honda engine is 0.2 seconds slower than the Ferrari engine.
They will compensate that this week with their chassis / car with upgrades.
That is not the same situation as with Renault, because then there was a gap of +/- 0.7 sec, which they could not compensate with the car.
I think he is talking about whole package. But it is hard to get update for engine in such a short time with that much power. if there is not somewhere Honda can gain performance by remapping.
Probably, there are Redbull's ongoing works for update on chassis side and he is talking about it.
Honda may not be as powerful as Ferrari or Mercedes but Honda maybe powerful enough to beat them back of a good chassis. We will see this during 2019 season.

For another subject in this page: there was a translation article shared here was saying that Honda's 2018 soec mgu-h was installed car after that race, together with hartley's car.
Broken mgu-h was transfered from year before or from tests. After that Honda engine almost issue free. When we look first tests they can easily apply 5 unit per season plan. 5 engine per season is very logical.
That is correct. In Australia 2018, both Hartley's and Gasly's PU had the 2017 spec MGU-H in them as the 2018 unit was not ready, Gasly then took a massive jolt going wide over a bump and boom. There is a slow-mo video somewhere of him coming around the corner, mounting the curb, then a puff of smoke blowing out the exhaust.

From then on, any issues other than accident or tactical change induced were mapping related upon introducing a new specification and these were largely sorted by the following event.

Sayeman

AMuS

"The three top teams split up the individual sectors. 21,934 seconds for Gasly in the first sector. Speaks for the performance increase of the Honda engine. 29,040 seconds for Vettel in the middle sector. Speaks for the Ferrari being great in the corners. 25,730 seconds in S3 for Hamilton. Speaks for Hamilton cutting the corner."
Never Give up.

Marti_EF3

Sayeman wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 20:07
AMuS

"The three top teams split up the individual sectors. 21,934 seconds for Gasly in the first sector. Speaks for the performance increase of the Honda engine. 29,040 seconds for Vettel in the middle sector. Speaks for the Ferrari being great in the corners. 25,730 seconds in S3 for Hamilton. Speaks for Hamilton cutting the corner."
Lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

The RBR looking good so far, seems they've a great base car. And without running any upgrades today, they are rounding Ferrari's times. Also the long runs "full of fuel" with C3 are really good. Honda PU is reliable so far and seems to have good power... Promising, at the moment. :D

dren

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/artic ... test-day-1

Commenting on the day’s running, Pierre said: “We pushed a little more today, but really it’s all about understanding how the car works. There were a lot of aero tests and a lot of items to evaluate for the Team today, and that’s good for me as it helps me get more comfortable with the car. Lap after lap it’s getting better, but of course there’s still work to do. The pace was good, but we just have to focus on ourselves and work through the programme we’ve defined for each day. So far it’s been positive; we’ve managed to get through our plan and we’ve gained a lot of mileage. The potential is there so we’ll just try to improve in the areas we can, keep our heads down and keep working.”

Head of Race Engineering, Guillaume Rocquelin, added: “We had a successful first week of testing here in Barcelona. To start the week, we changed the run plan today slightly and focused on shorter runs, which enabled us to work through a greater number of test items. That obviously meant more time in the garage between runs, but it went very smoothly and we were able to tick a lot of boxes – including some purely procedural things that we wanted to get done. We were also able to look at performance a little more, hence Pierre’s run in the afternoon, so in all it’s been a very solid start. Tomorrow, we’ll start to look more at race preparation.”
Honda!

Capharol
Capharol

etusch

I didn't see it earlier . Thank you

Marti_EF3

What about that gearbox failure?? It was the same during all test days?? Probably they wanted to know how long they can do? I hope is that, and not other issues now that they start to do more serious race sims... #-o

HPD

“Not a perfect day, but still a good one,” said Max afterwards. “There are always things you want to check, instead of driving until something breaks. We did a routine check this afternoon and then got back out again at the end of the session. But even with the delay we had, we still managed to do over 120 laps, so I think it was still a very positive day. The more laps, the better and today we did a lot, so overall I’m happy.”

Commenting on the day’s running, Head of Race Engineering, Guillaume Rocquelin, said: “We had another good morning, following the same plan as yesterday, when we got through a lot of shorter runs and set-up changes. In the afternoon, we went into a scheduled race simulation. We managed two-thirds of that but after Max had a brief off, we pitted for some routine checks with the gearbox. It’s not the easiest element of the car to get deep into, so it kept us in the garage for a while. When we did get back out, the change in track conditions meant we weren’t going to learn that much so we focused on pit stop practice, which we had planned as part of the race work. Tomorrow, we’ll pursue the same plan, which is all about understanding the car and gaining valuable information.”

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/artic ... test-day-2

Marti_EF3

I know is pre-season test and all that stuff, but... It seems (or more like I think) that the RB15 can't fight with Merc and Ferrari at the moment... Yes, Albon did a better time and we know the STR isn't fastest, but that time Ferrari did with the C2... #-o

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 14:30
I know is pre-season test and all that stuff, but... It seems (or more like I think) that the RB15 can't fight with Merc and Ferrari at the moment... Yes, Albon did a better time and we know the STR isn't fastest, but that time Ferrari did with the C2... #-o
Like you said, it's not possible to get a very accurate picture. But they seem quite... "Bullish"😉 You never know, they like everybody else is running conservative, also the Australia update might help out.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Gasly binned it

gandharva

Completely wrecked. Wonder if they can run tomorrow. Looks like they need >80% new parts. If this wasn't a technical fault Gasly will have to explain alot...