2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
equaliser

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Sieper wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 17:13
building it in and out takes quite some time. or maybe it is actually an engine issue and they want to conceal that. But that is just the (long past teen age) angst speaking in me.
I hardly think it's an engine issue, TR has been circulating all test without issue plus Honda have enough spare engines in the pool. I would guess at alignment issues with the chassis, especially after that Gasly crash yesterday.

Marti_EF3

Gasly clearly have fuc*** out the last 2 days of preseason with his overdriving... :-x :-x

As I said the other day, that will be a hard start of the season for Redbull. I hope they not get lost on the midfield on the first round... #-o

Sieper

I think Honda was already reliable last season, and indeed testing from Honda side alone seems to have gone very well.

Krischnen
Krischnen

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 18:25
Gasly clearly have fuc*** out the last 2 days of preseason with his overdriving... :-x :-x

As I said the other day, that will be a hard start of the season for Redbull. I hope they not get lost on the midfield on the first round... #-o
Overdriving? He was on a slowdown lap!
He just wasn't paying attention to where the track ended.

Marti_EF3

Krischnen wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 18:57
Marti_EF3 wrote:

He was on a race sim, no slowdown lap...

godlameroso

Damn, I hope they have enough data to make a small improvement for Melbourne. They're too far off the pace at the moment to win races on merit.
Saishū kōnā

Marti_EF3

godlameroso wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 19:04
Damn, I hope they have enough data to make a small improvement for Melbourne. They're too far off the pace at the moment to win races on merit.
The only thing gives me hope is that STR seems to be fast, so the Honda engine is working fine and have power. All they need to do is some aero upgrades they said will be ready for Melbourne, and... No more crashes :lol:

Godius

According to F1/GPtoday sources a filming day is scheduled for tomorrow at the Catalunya circuit. That's also the reason why they still did their best to get the car ready for some basic test this afternoon but unfortunately they could not achieve that.

Marti_EF3

Godius wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 19:31
According to F1/GPtoday sources a filming day is scheduled for tomorrow at the Catalunya circuit. That's also the reason why they still did their best to get the car ready for some basic test this afternoon but unfortunately they could not achieve that.
Will they test the "Melbourne spec" upgrades?? Filming day are only a few laps... But better a few than 0

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Max seems confident with the car, especially the race pace. Seems we haven't seen it all.

McMika98
McMika98

Krischnen wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:

If he isnt careful, he will be the next Kyvat. Albon is looking promising and will complement Verstappen as opposed to Gasly who likes to cry and make noises if he isnt performing. He didnt want to initially take blame for the crash.

Wouter

54 minutes ago: Max optimistic despite problems on final test day: 'We've got a good package'

Max told Verstappen.nl: “We had an issue with the gearbox. It was already a miracle we were able to make out this morning. We don’t have many parts, so they had to be brought in from England in the night. The team worked really hard to get us out on track. Unfortunately, we didn’t have many gearboxes available as two broke because of crashes.”

Despite the disappointing end to the pre-season test, Max is happy with the RB15: “Normally it’s nice to drive many laps because you always learn something. Obviously, that wasn’t great today, but in terms of pace it’s looking fairly good. Of course, you never know for sure, we didn’t have a proper go at a low-fuel run, but looking at the long runs it’s all pretty close between the top three. We can be pleased with that.”

Regarding his prospects for the 2019 season, Max appears positive. “It’s a long season and a lot can happen, as we saw last year. Last year, the championship was won after the summer break. We have to score a lot of points in Melbourne, regardless of what position and I’m looking forward to go racing. We’ve got a decent package and the engine works well so I’m happy with all of that.”
The Power of Dreams!

Krischnen
Krischnen

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 19:03
Krischnen wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:

He was on a race sim, no slowdown lap...
This isn't race sim speed
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2019/ ... iers_.html

hasika
hasika

For me,the only positive thing from the test is Honda engine.
Compared the fastest lap did by Renault and TR in the last day,TR is faster than Renault in both S1 and S2,but Renault is 0.27s faster than TR in the S3.
I think Renault make a strong chassis this year too,as they did last year. They also said they hit the engine target.Honda dont say much to the media,but i think they actually make big gains.
For the reliability and durability,TR used only one set of PU during the whole eight days.They also had the same plan for Red Bull,but unfortunately the crash stopped the plan.
Its only test,not race.But gasly's carsh waste so much time,really painful.Red Bull didnt show a good single lap or strong race pace,what makes me a little worry.

godlameroso

They actually are very close, but hard to read. TR is essentially as fast as last year's Red Bull, essentially having parts of last year's RB14 chassis. So the new car has to be at least that fast or it would be something seriously wrong.

If the TR ran flat out to get that 16.8, assuming the RB15 is faster would put the RB15 anywhere between 16.5 and 16.2. 16.5 is what Bottas managed. If Ferrari were to run full tilt maybe high 15's would have been possible.

Gasly went on record saying he couldn't match Leclerc's pace, and looking at the long runs the RB15 is generally .5 seconds off the pace of the Ferrari.

My suspicion is the RB15 would likely be doing a 16.2 or 16.3 for just over a half second gain over last year, and a .5 gap to pole.

A half second deficit is hard to battle against, basically the planets must align to win. You have to be flawless procedurally, pit crews have to exectute, the driver has to make a difference, psychologically disturb his opponents. The team has to manipulate the media, and develop the car.

Luckily Honda is on board, so if they meet halfway they can erase the deficit. Until then RBR will be tested as an organization. As the margin for error is miniscule.
Saishū kōnā