2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shader

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

F1NAC wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 17:57
Partymood wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 17:05
Because they are English?
And?
They are English.

Partymood
Partymood

BAT=British American Tabacco. Australia is still part of the Commonwealth. The Governor- General of the Commonwealth of Australia is the representative of the Australian monarch, currently Queen Elizabeth II. That's to say that she is both Queen of England and Queen of Australia... and she appoints the Australian Prime Minister.
They have political and economic ties, so, in my opinion, probably they don't want to give their "partners" an headache. Australia is de facto still a British colony

Big Tea

Partymood wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 18:35
BAT=British American Tabacco. Australia is still part of the Commonwealth. The Governor- General of the Commonwealth of Australia is the representative of the Australian monarch, currently Queen Elizabeth II. That's to say that she is both Queen of England and Queen of Australia... and she appoints the Australian Prime Minister.
They have political and economic ties, so, in my opinion, probably they don't want to give their "partners" an headache. Australia is de facto still a British colony
You have probably upset every Ozzy on here now :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Shader

Big Tea wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 18:45
Partymood wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 18:35
You have probably upset every Ozzy on here now :twisted:
It is nice to see someone here with decent common knowledge. I however still think McLaren will get a ban on BAT for this race... Ferrari won't let their ship be the only one to go down and I guess it is just fair in this case.

Partymood
Partymood

If McLaren gets a ban on BAT it will be due to the medias. Ferrari won't do anything as they don't have anything to gain from it. So why rock the boat.

subcritical71

I believe both of these companies are full aware of the shady marketing they are persueing. Ferrari have already flinched by changing for AUS, I really don't think BAT have any other choice but to do the same or risk fines.

Partymood
Partymood

Wait and see

Godius

The main issue with the MW logo on the Ferrari was that it bears a striking resemblance to the M*rlb*r* chevron logo (white/red). It's subliminal marketing for their tobacco product.
I believe BAT is doing something similar with the L*ck* Str*k* circle logo on the McLaren. But BAT did not use the same colours as their tobacco product.

Chuckjr

No matter how fast LeClerc is, Ferrari will put 100% effort behind Vettel from the first race till the championships are secure. If LeClerc is insane fast he will get his chance next year after the championships are secured this year. It's the only way they can dislodge the championship grip Merc and Hamilton enjoy. It will require 100% from everyone on the team to break Mercedes winning psychology. I'm completely convinced of this--that no matter LeClerc speed, he will get in line this year. He will be wise to do it and offer himself a long term future of winning with the team. Ferrari will value LeClerc's loyalty especially if he is indeed faster than Vettel. I'm not convinced of that and I personally think Vettel is going to step it up this year. I think he knows he's getting a free ride against LeClerc this year and he better take advantage now and snatch his fifth while LeClerc is tempered. Because no matter what happens this year, next year won't be easier as LeClerc will be done with playing a followers role and will challenge every race and try and push him out of the #1 seat. I think that's when inner-team sparks will fly. But not this year. This year it's all about taking both championships back to Italy.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Chuckjr wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 13:40
No matter how fast LeClerc is, Ferrari will put 100% effort behind Vettel from the first race till the championships are secure. If LeClerc is insane fast he will get his chance next year after the championships are secured this year.
If Leclerc is faster than Vettel, why would Ferrari make him give way to Vettel? They want to win the title: it doesn't matter which driver does that.

Of course, if the only way to get Vettel to drive to his maximum is to ensure that Leclerc plays second fiddle, then maybe that is what Ferrari would have to do in order to secure both titles.

You don't hamstring your faster driver to keep your slower driver happy, especially if the faster driver can win the title.

Of course, we don't yet know if Leclerc is faster than Vettel or vice versa. Most people would bet on Vettel, I'd suggest, at this stage.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

F1NAC

They didn't bother to 'shop Vettel's suit

Shader

Just_a_fan wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 13:53
Chuckjr wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 13:40
No matter how fast LeClerc is, Ferrari will put 100% effort behind Vettel from the first race till the championships are secure. If LeClerc is insane fast he will get his chance next year after the championships are secured this year.
If Leclerc is faster than Vettel, why would Ferrari make him give way to Vettel? They want to win the title: it doesn't matter which driver does that.

Of course, if the only way to get Vettel to drive to his maximum is to ensure that Leclerc plays second fiddle, then maybe that is what Ferrari would have to do in order to secure both titles.

You don't hamstring your faster driver to keep your slower driver happy, especially if the faster driver can win the title.

Of course, we don't yet know if Leclerc is faster than Vettel or vice versa. Most people would bet on Vettel, I'd suggest, at this stage.
Because Vettel will not back down if Leclerc comes faster, and they will have "Force India situations" between drivers if they back Leclerc in that case. (aKa lots of collisions and loss of points) Also, Ferrari has shown some very questionable logic last few years. They should have backed Vettel fully last year, maybe even a year before. They did not, they shot themselves in the foot and God knows why they keep doing that.

When it comes to winning titles, there are no compromises, of any kind. When Schumacher was faster, he was a priority, there was never a question about that or half-implemented no.1, just no. 1
Also, many teams lost on winning the title just because their drivers were trading blows through season. (McLaren 10 years back is a good example of that)

Vettel is a champion... with multiple titles. These people don't back down. There is no "This is James" that will change that. They might do it once, next time Vettel will fum all over and just ignore it.

dfegan358
dfegan358

Huge fan of Leclerc , he will push vettel hard and they will be strong partnership.

Ferrari should have put 100% behind Vettel last year. It was so stupid really. I think vettel will really up his game this year and will prove to be the faster man this year.

How long that continues is up for debate. Next weekend can’t come soon enough

ringo

Leclerc will unravel vettel if he is quicker than the German in qualifying. I don't see Vettel keeping a cool head if Leclerc has more qualifying pace. Ferrari should back whoever finished lap 1 a head. Vettel's experience doesn't count for much given that he has choked the past 2 years, so better to the team has strict rules of engagement but don't back anyone at this point.
I know Vettel will be the better driver, but that's only if he feels the team is behind him 100% and if he feels he has LeClerc covered. This is why i think we will have fire works this year. More fireworks than when vettel faced ricciardo at redbull. It will be Webber and Vettel all over, only this time vettel will be the webber.
For Sure!!

Juzh

ringo wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 03:47
More fireworks than when vettel faced ricciardo at redbull.
There were fireworks of any kind?