2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
M840TR
M840TR

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Ground Effect wrote:
19 May 2019, 10:48
Monaco concern due to Barcelona S3 struggles.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... o/4390055/
"We didn't find the right balance in the car for the last sector and basically that cost us in qualifying and race pace, but we will go back and analyse why.

"In Baku, low-speed wasn't a problem. It was only [in Spain].

mclaren111

Merc are clearly in a league of their own... :( :(

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
19 May 2019, 11:19
Normally, they’d be looking forward to Monaco, which in the last couple of years has been one of their stronger tracks. Things are reversed this year. Anyways, I’ve always wondered what the hype of Monaco is all about. It’s terrible for racing, just the Grand Prix of the rich, famous and powerful.
Same here, worst race of the year.

Jolle
Jolle

diffuser wrote:
19 May 2019, 14:24
Ground Effect wrote:
Normally, they’d be looking forward to Monaco, which in the last couple of years has been one of their stronger tracks. Things are reversed this year. Anyways, I’ve always wondered what the hype of Monaco is all about. It’s terrible for racing, just the Grand Prix of the rich, famous and powerful.
The real race is on Saturday. Just watch qualifying with that in mind and it’s not too bad.

mwillems

Jolle wrote:
19 May 2019, 14:28
diffuser wrote:
Ground Effect wrote:
The real race is on Saturday. Just watch qualifying with that in mind and it’s not too bad.
It's always fun waiting for Verstappen to crash at some point, but aside from that the race is dull and I won't watch it.
It seems like an echo of a bygone era when people were as impressed by the glitz and glamour of the race and everything that surrounded it, but people just don't care about that anymore.

Only the drivers enjoy it as a challenge, until they get stuck behind someone. It just doesn't seem relevant.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

PhillipM
PhillipM

I can't remember the last time I watched a Monaco race. It's a great track, but it's not one that's interesting on an Sunday with F1 currently.

Personally I'd limit the wheelbase of all the cars to be a metre shorter and then we might be back to Monaco fun.

Zynerji

Monaco is definitely the Saturday race of the year.

I normally just catch the highlights of this boring-ass race.

charliesmithhd

diffuser

mwillems wrote:
19 May 2019, 15:14
Jolle wrote:
diffuser wrote:

It's always fun waiting for Verstappen to crash at some point, but aside from that the race is dull and I won't watch it.
It seems like an echo of a bygone era when people were as impressed by the glitz and glamour of the race and everything that surrounded it, but people just don't care about that anymore.

Only the drivers enjoy it as a challenge, until they get stuck behind someone. It just doesn't seem relevant.
Hasn't Max just crashed in Quali at Monaco ?

diffuser

PhillipM wrote:
19 May 2019, 15:46
I can't remember the last time I watched a Monaco race. It's a great track, but it's not one that's interesting on an Sunday with F1 currently.

Personally I'd limit the wheelbase of all the cars to be a metre shorter and then we might be back to Monaco fun.
The track needs the straight to be longer so that you can pass there. Generally wider too.

The track is only interesting in the sense that you can see who has the best chassis.

Jolle
Jolle

diffuser wrote:
19 May 2019, 21:16
PhillipM wrote:
19 May 2019, 15:46

The track needs the straight to be longer so that you can pass there. Generally wider too.

The track is only interesting in the sense that you can see who has the best chassis.
Not really, Monaco is so different from other tracks, not only the tight corners but also the track surface. Lots of downforce without any efficiency. What the past seasons showed us is that it’s really a one off. Whoever can get the tires to switch on and don’t hit the barriers wins.

ME4ME

diffuser wrote:
19 May 2019, 21:16

I can only speak for myself, but please no. I'm utterly bored by long straight into tight corner passing. Not a fan of wide track either. If something needs fixing, then it's Formula 1 itself and its cars.

mwillems

diffuser wrote:
19 May 2019, 21:15
mwillems wrote:
Jolle wrote:

I'm talking about the weekend in general, Max crashing is a highlight, the race is a lowlight. Although max did crash in the race in 2015 & 2016, however it was a few years back and he has only crashed in the 2018 FP3 sessions since, so he is on an upwards curve now having only crashed in 3 of the 4 race weekends he has competed in :mrgreen:

I may put some money on Max crashing next weekend, but that alone will be enough for fate to make me eat my words.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

mwillems wrote:
19 May 2019, 22:52
diffuser wrote:
19 May 2019, 21:15
mwillems wrote:

I'm talking about the weekend in general, Max crashing is a highlight, the race is a lowlight. Although max did crash in the race in 2015 & 2016, however it was a few years back and he has only crashed in the 2018 FP3 sessions since, so he is on an upwards curve now having only crashed in 3 of the 4 race weekends he has competed in :mrgreen:

I may put some money on Max crashing next weekend, but that alone will be enough for fate to make me eat my words.
Yeah, Max is in scintillating form right now, don’t waste your money betting on him to crash.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

langedweil

On a different note ... Alonso didn't make it ..
https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/22873
HuggaWugga !