COVID-19 could affect more races this year.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pyrone89

Re: COVID-19 could affect more races this year.

Here the official health organization just (national parlement debate on the virus) projected 5% to die and 14% to have severe (potential permanent) damage of the infected. Based on the number of the Prime Minister of 60% of the Dutch population getting it (which could be higher) that would mean half a million dead and 1,5 million people with sever (potential permanent) damage or more, just in the Netherlands :wtf: .

Stay safe everyone in these times and stick together as one (spiritually, not physically ofcourse as that is bad)!
Last edited by Pyrone89 on 18 Mar 2020, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

LM10
LM10

3jawchuck wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:23
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 11:23
Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 09:42

What idiot?
And licking toilet seats has never been a great idea anyway...
https://nypost.com/2020/03/16/woman-lic ... challenge/
Interesting tactics
I don't think Corona hangs around on toilet seats, no more so than other surfaces anyway. That said, a person who would do this probably doesn't think very much about what they do so long as it gets them views and what not. Thinking about it a bit, shock videos used to be shocking. This is a video of a girl who is licking a toilet seat that she has wiped clean thoroughly beforehand.
Coronavirus can spread by fecal-oral route as well. So yes, it actually can hang around on toilet seats and this dumb person should be punished properly. I would even jail her.

e30ernest
e30ernest

Pyrone89 wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:46
Stay safe everyone in these times and stick together as one!
No! Don't stick together! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I jest.... :mrgreen:

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

LM10 wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:50
3jawchuck wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 12:23
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 11:23
https://nypost.com/2020/03/16/woman-lic ... challenge/
Interesting tactics
I don't think Corona hangs around on toilet seats, no more so than other surfaces anyway. That said, a person who would do this probably doesn't think very much about what they do so long as it gets them views and what not. Thinking about it a bit, shock videos used to be shocking. This is a video of a girl who is licking a toilet seat that she has wiped clean thoroughly beforehand.
Coronavirus can spread by fecal-oral route as well. So yes, it actually can hang around on toilet seats and this dumb person should be punished properly. I would even jail her.
Well now I'm glad I never lick public toilets. I don't have much doubt that she cleaned the seat before doing this, silly girl should have found the dirtiest pub toilet she could and stuck her head in the bowl.

lars.orsoe@gmail.com
lars.orsoe@gmail.com

Pyrone89 wrote:
Here the official health organization just (national parlement debate on the virus) projected 5% to die and 14% to have severe (potential permanent) damage of the infected. Based on the number of the Prime Minister of 60% of the Dutch population getting it (which could be higher) that would mean half a million dead and 1,5 million people with sever (potential permanent) damage or more, just in the Netherlands :wtf: .

Stay safe everyone in these times and stick together as one (spiritually, not physically ofcourse as that is bad)!
Can you please provide sources on this? (the projections and the numbers from Rutte).

Tommy Cookers
Tommy Cookers

Pyrone89 wrote:
Here the official health organization just (national parlement debate on the virus) projected 5% to die and 14% to have severe (potential permanent) damage of the infected. Based on the number of the Prime Minister of 60% of the Dutch population getting it (which could be higher) that would mean half a million dead and 1,5 million people with sever (potential permanent) damage or more, just in the Netherlands ...
we in the UK were yesterday told (officially - ie by BBC TV) that 20,000 of our 67,000,000 population will die

DChemTech
DChemTech

Tommy Cookers wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 13:56
Pyrone89 wrote:
Here the official health organization just (national parlement debate on the virus) projected 5% to die and 14% to have severe (potential permanent) damage of the infected. Based on the number of the Prime Minister of 60% of the Dutch population getting it (which could be higher) that would mean half a million dead and 1,5 million people with sever (potential permanent) damage or more, just in the Netherlands ...
we in the UK were yesterday told (officially - ie by BBC TV) that 20,000 of our 67,000,000 population will die
It's unfortunate - any person passing is - but if they manage to keep it to that level, that would be quite an achievement. That's not worse than a bad flu wave would be.

Pyrone89

lars.orsoe@gmail.com wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 13:35
Pyrone89 wrote:

Can you please provide sources on this? (the projections and the numbers from Rutte).
Watch NPO1 (our first national broadcast channel, similar to BBC1) and the official site of our parlement https://www.tweedekamer.nl/downloads/do ... rus%20.pdf
Last edited by Pyrone89 on 18 Mar 2020, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

PlatinumZealot

This might be natural selection live and in 4K UHD and uh... HDR!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Titchener
Titchener

I can't see the F1 season resuming as things stand, unless there is a frantic reduction in infection rates.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Pyrone89 wrote:

Were those numbers literally stated? I'm currently listening to the debate, but there are no mentions of such numbers in the exchange that's ongoing now. Also, the same (or an associated - GGD) agency stated earlier this week that the total number of cases is likely strongly underestimated due to self-isolation and incomplete testing; in that case the mortality/permanent injury rate they mention are very high.

Big Tea

DChemTech wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 15:47
Pyrone89 wrote:

Were those numbers literally stated? I'm currently listening to the debate, but there are no mentions of such numbers in the exchange that's ongoing now. Also, the same (or an associated - GGD) agency stated earlier this week that the total number of cases is likely strongly underestimated due to self-isolation and incomplete testing; in that case the mortality/permanent injury rate they mention are very high.
There are 6016K deaths in UK in a normal year, when you consider many of the Covid19 deaths would be ( its a terrible way to put it but..) the same deaths but sooner, it is a remarkably low number.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

DChemTech
DChemTech

e30ernest wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 12:11
DChemTech wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 12:04
Ringleheim wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 11:51

You're not alone! Not sure if you are American or not, but I just heard an expert speak and he suggested when the smoke clears, 20-60% of America will get this virus.

That's a lot of people, and it's only 1 country.
Dutch prime minister also said 'the majority' will get it (based on comments from the president of the Dutch institute of health, that over 50% will get it). Merkel has also reiterated the 50-70% originating from an MIT professor's assessment. And yeah, it's realistic. It's a lot of people, and we need to manage to spread that to keep it workable - while trying to maintain a somewhat decent lifestyle whilst in semi-isolation. It's a fine balancing act, but I do support the Dutch approach of self-isolation rather than full lockdown. Messages about re-infections are worrying, but don't negate the underlying idea. If people manage to adhere to social distancing, we can make it trickle rather than overflow. And we can keep living life to some degree at least. Get some sunlight. Go for a (solo) run or bikeride to keep healthy. My biggest worry is that people are just dumb and don't adhere to the measures.
Yeah dumb like this:

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-e ... urch-goers
That's next level. Hope we don't see that level of stupidity too often - although my general faith in humanity is rather low on that point.

But yeah, I still feel that an partial lockdown with a good degree of self-isolation should be sufficient. We don't need to keep people in their home 24/7. In fact, movement and fresh air are great boosts for your immune system, and people need to ensure they get sufficient of that despite the measures taken. So, I just went for a small walk, trying to maintain a proper distance to others... but that's very difficult if some *** starts walking behind you, essentially on your heels, in an otherwise nearly deserted street. And similarly, I don't think we need to have all stores closed, but we do need to keep to the necessary measures - especially people that have a cough/cold (Corona or not), should take their responsibility and stay home. Recruit a family member/neighbor to get their needed groceries. But of course, while getting my groceries, there were one or two coughing people in the store. And also in stores, the recommended social distancing was certainly not happening.

And that's why we can't have nice things. Not the major-league stupidity of some religious zealots, but minor breaches of the suggested regulations.

Capharol
Capharol

DChemTech wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 15:59

That's next level. Hope we don't see that level of stupidity too often - although my general faith in humanity is rather low on that point.
I have to say i am really disappointed in humanity, and i wonder how we could get this far in our development when we take this whole situation as an example.....

Big Tea

DChemTech wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 15:59
e30ernest wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 12:11
DChemTech wrote:
17 Mar 2020, 12:04

Dutch prime minister also said 'the majority' will get it (based on comments from the president of the Dutch institute of health, that over 50% will get it). Merkel has also reiterated the 50-70% originating from an MIT professor's assessment. And yeah, it's realistic. It's a lot of people, and we need to manage to spread that to keep it workable - while trying to maintain a somewhat decent lifestyle whilst in semi-isolation. It's a fine balancing act, but I do support the Dutch approach of self-isolation rather than full lockdown. Messages about re-infections are worrying, but don't negate the underlying idea. If people manage to adhere to social distancing, we can make it trickle rather than overflow. And we can keep living life to some degree at least. Get some sunlight. Go for a (solo) run or bikeride to keep healthy. My biggest worry is that people are just dumb and don't adhere to the measures.
Yeah dumb like this:

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-e ... urch-goers

But yeah, I still feel that an partial lockdown with a good degree of self-isolation should be sufficient. We don't need to keep people in their home 24/7. In fact, movement and fresh air are great boosts for your immune system, and people need to ensure they get sufficient of that despite the measures taken. So, I just went for a small walk, trying to maintain a proper distance to others... but that's very difficult if some *** starts walking behind you, essentially on your heels, in an otherwise nearly deserted street. And similarly, I don't think we need to have all stores closed, but we do need to keep to the necessary measures - especially people that have a cough/cold (Corona or not), should take their responsibility and stay home. Recruit a family member/neighbor to get their needed groceries. But of course, while getting my groceries, there were one or two coughing people in the store. And also in stores, the recommended social distancing was certainly not happening.

And that's why we can't have nice things. Not the major-league stupidity of some religious zealots, but minor breaches of the suggested regulations.
The wife and I are off out for a walk soon. We are lucky and will probably not be within 50 feet of another person the whole time. It makes it far easier to stay in if you know it is not 'locked down'
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.