Honda F1 in trouble, and withdraw from F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dedge
dedge

Re: Honda F1 in trouble, and withdraw from F1

This news sounds realy good!
And I am happy to see that Bruno Senna will have a seat in a F1 nest season.

Now the questions are: what will be the name of the team? Who will provide the engines? I am not sure that Honda would sell his tech secrets for a single dollar...

It seems that Slim's company "Grupo Carso" has shown interest in bio petrol market.

Fun to know that Grupo Carso own a percentage of... Marlboro!

fenix4life
fenix4life

The industrial group of Mr. SLim denies having any contact for the take over of the Honda Group.

(eurosport.fr)

modbaraban
modbaraban

fenix4life wrote:The industrial group of Mr. SLim denies having any contact for the take over of the Honda Group.

(eurosport.fr)
I read a report that the unnamed source close to Slim even denied any negotiations :shock: Which is weird as Slim was reported numerously to have visited the Brackley h/q with his helocopter 'too big to land on the helipad'. :roll:

xpensive
xpensive

This is precisely what I meant earlier, certain influential individuals have an interest in talking up the Honda team and feed the press this sort of nonsense. Nick Fry, Ross Brawn, Bernie Ecclestone and perhaps most of all Max Mosley.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

fenix4life
fenix4life

It is surely not to lower the purchase price that he denies everything.
The price is set to 1$. Maybe it has to do with arrangements of any kind with the FIA.
Some kind of help due to the late start of the new team.

(Just a wild guess)

Belatti
Belatti

modbaraban wrote:
fenix4life wrote:The industrial group of Mr. SLim denies having any contact for the take over of the Honda Group.

(eurosport.fr)
I read a report that the unnamed source close to Slim even denied any negotiations :shock: Which is weird as Slim was reported numerously to have visited the Brackley h/q with his helocopter 'too big to land on the helipad'. :roll:
Mod, are you thinking the same thingh I am thinking?
(extraterrestrial beings have visited Honda)

:lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

modbaraban
modbaraban

Belatti wrote:Mod, are you thinking the same thingh I am thinking?
(extraterrestrial beings have visited Honda)

:lol:
The Brave Nick shall deal with them if anything goes wrong.

xpensive
xpensive

Right, that's just as likely as Senor Slim paying a visit.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

As far as the rumored visit by Señor Slim, red flags went off in my mind. How can a wealthy man who conducts almost ALL of his business in Latin America have a huge helicopter in Britain?
It it doesn't make sense, it usually isn't true.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

xpensive
xpensive

I am afraid that in today's economical climate, it will be rather difficult to persuade anyone to commit to an annual spending of 300 MUSD+, no matter how big a helicopter the individual in question might have.
But the last idiot isn't born yet, why I keep the balaclava ready in the fridge, just in case.

andartop
andartop

DaveKillens wrote:As far as the rumored visit by Señor Slim, red flags went off in my mind. How can a wealthy man who conducts almost ALL of his business in Latin America have a huge helicopter in Britain?
It it doesn't make sense, it usually isn't true.
And how can a wealthy man who conducts almost ALL of his business in Latin America have any interest at all in F1???
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Metar

andartop wrote:And how can a wealthy man who conducts almost ALL of his business in Latin America have any interest at all in F1???
Because there are (were?) two Brazilians in the sport - one of them almost won the championship, the other played second fiddle in the strongest team in F1 history. And there's another waiting to join in.

Why would Mallya have any interest? India doesn't even have the GP yet...

WhiteBlue

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=36814

I would recommend this article on Pitpass by the editor. It is surprisingly outspoken about the sorry failure and the almost criminal incompetence of Nick Fry. To imagine that this guy is in control of the bidding process and attempts to buy the team in a management buy out is difficult to imagine. It opens up the expectations that all Honda F1 employees will suffer the same feat that happened to the Super Aguri personell, chased away to competitors and UB40 for the rest.

Quo usque tandem....
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive
xpensive

I read the same piece WB, why I agree with you completely. One thing I didn't perfectly understand though, was it Fry that outmanouvered David Richards?

WhiteBlue

I believe that there was some genuine concern for Honda about Japanes competitiors which were customers of Richard's in Rallying (Subaru?) to start with. But Mr. Fry may have had a role in that as well. For me the guy is just a crook since the whole Suzuki affair.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)