COVID-19 could affect more races this year.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: COVID-19 could affect more races this year.

Does anyone notice recently that the CNN website has an unusually high number of stories on the virus situation in the UK, and conversely, the BBC website has many stores on the virus in the USA? But both do not have much on their own country!!

Yeah! I almost thought I was on BBC when I'm on CNN and on CNN when im on BBC!
Lol they're trying to make the other country look to be handling it worse or something else?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2020, 00:41
Does anyone notice recently that the CNN website has an unusually high number of stories on the virus situation in the UK, and conversely, the BBC website has many stores on the virus in the USA? But both do not have much on their own country!!

Lol they're trying to make the other country look to be handling it worse or something else?
Is that www.BBC.com ? That's the international page if so.

The domestic site has plenty on COVID-19 in the UK on it - there's stuff on the front page and there's a whole section dedicated to the virus. It does cover the US, what with them being the biggest economy in the world and also being hit very hard economically. But it also covers what's going in Europe and Asia.

Just looked at edition.CNN.com and there's almost nothing on the front page about the UK other than in the "around the world" bit.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2020, 00:41

I am not absolutely sure on this, but I think BBC world tailors the content due to time zones so that it is more targeted at where peak figures are once it passes out of UK prime. So it would concentrate on American politics and finance late for UK then on to Aus and far east - mid east (to us) then to Europe in early UK time
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Scorpaguy

Covid predictions:

USA (and maybe others) begin easing the lockdown restrictions circa April 15...replaced with mandatory mask/gloves rules when in public. Once production of supplies is sufficient, all lockdown ceases and everyone wears mask/gloves in public. I base this upon recent data re asymptomatic numbers, economic realities, and the failures of the lockdown strategy (ie social distancing only works when it is 24/7...not just when convenient). These actions will continue until the total case curve remains flat/new case curve SIGNIFICANTLY reverses. Covid returns in Oct/Nov and the same rules are reenacted.

Re the restart of motorsport...all depends upon how long new case bell curve remains static atop its apex. IF Italy and Spain currently reside atop such apex...it seems we have months/not weeks to "normalcy". Thus, the summer seems unlikely for resumption of activities w/large, close proximity crowds.

etusch

hollus

This is an English forum, @etusch. Care to provide a summary of the contents of that video?
Rivals, not enemies.

strad

They have now admitted that their predictions were way off because as usual their models were based on faulty numbers. GIGO :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

subcritical71

hollus wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2020, 19:05
This is an English forum, @etusch. Care to provide a summary of the contents of that video?
It's a pain and the translation is not so good, but I turned on CC and selected English.

Basically the Doctor is saying that the PCR test is biased to test positive and in his experience the false positive rate it too high (I think he said 50%) to be considered.

etusch

I know but I know that here Germans who can translate it ( if they want to do) if there is not eng sub.

hollus

Come on, 10 line summary, please? I have seen it in german, I understand german, but most don’t. Next is italian, chinese, dutch, french, portuguese and japanese.
This is an english forum. Summary, please?
Rivals, not enemies.

etusch

subcritical71 wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2020, 20:53
It's a pain and the translation is not so good, but I turned on CC and selected English.

Basically the Doctor is saying that the PCR test is biased to test positive and in his experience the false positive rate it too high (I think he said 50%) to be considered.
In Turkey there were news that say tests are also infected. And it is highly possible.
When it come to video the doctor in the video says that when curing people, doctors uses standart procedures and this is safe way of doing their job. But that kills people imstead of curing them. If they stay in that way of treatment method which they have been taught and then patient die, nobody is responsible of that. But if doctors use a different way and then patient die, he.will be sent to jail. I think if a doctor cures illness with a none profitable way he will be punished again.

The doctor in the video says that what we should do is doing nothing special and I think he is right

PlatinumZealot

etusch wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2020, 21:24
subcritical71 wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2020, 20:53

In Turkey there were news that say tests are also infected. And it is highly possible.
When it come to video the doctor in the video says that when curing people, doctors uses standart procedures and this is safe way of doing their job. But that kills people imstead of curing them. If they stay in that way of treatment method which they have been taught and then patient die, nobody is responsible of that. But if doctors use a different way and then patient die, he.will be sent to jail. I think if a doctor cures illness with a none profitable way he will be punished again.

The doctor in the video says that what we should do is doing nothing special and I think he is right
Good information. Worth translating!

Maybe this is why we see different dearh rates to serious/critically ill ratios. Very few are surviving from the ICU / CCB. I see why doctors are playing God and chosing who gets the chance to live because some just simply take the space but will die anyway. The chinese and germans seem to have a low ratio. I am wondering what sort of trratments they are doing differently to others.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

strad

Should be giving them all Chloroquine. It has been shown to work extremely well. Don't understand why they are dragging their feet. Doctors themselves have been using it as a prophylactic and in small trials has literally cured 80 out of 80 patients.
The stock answer is that it needs more testing to show it's safe. What kinda BS is that? It has been shown to be safe since 1938.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

strad wrote: ↑
04 Apr 2020, 21:50
Should be giving them all Chloroquine. It has been shown to work extremely well. Don't understand why they are dragging their feet. Doctors themselves have been using it as a prophylactic and in small trials has literally cured 80 out of 80 patients.
The stock answer is that it needs more testing to show it's safe. What kinda BS is that? It has been shown to be safe since 1938.
It has some serious side effects including drug-induced sudden cardiac death. Just as with other drugs, it is not the answer on its own although it may be beneficial in some cases.

It'd be a terrible shame if widespread Chloroquine use with COVID-19 ended up causing as much harm as it solved. Remember Thalidomide?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

etusch

in the same time in china;
According to news, the Shanghai International Circuit was reopened this week and will hold its first race in June.

While schools, cinemas and major tourist attractions are still closed, cities in China and the Shanghai International Circuit are starting to return to normal.

According to the news, although participation was limited and no fans were allowed to attend, a corporate event of Porsche took place earlier this week.
https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/sangh ... i/4776996/