2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Oct 31 - Nov 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ferkan
ferkan

Re: 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix - Imola, Oct 31 - Nov 01

Phil wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 01:01
Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 00:36
Dan and Max was close. Dan and Seb was close. Leclerc has blown Seb away, ergo Leclerc would blow Max away.

Or is the logic not allowed to be used thus against Max?
Seb and Leclerc were close too, if you recall. Just not this year. Last year, they were the clostest matched pair. You can either deduct from that, that Leclerc found another gear and suddenly became 5 tenths to a second quicker, or Seb became slower. Or maybe, Seb just cant drive that car as well. Which IMO only adds to Leclercs image, as he strikes me as being more adaptable, something Vettel hasnt been a benchmark at if you take his history with more difficult cars into account.

I happen to highly rate Leclerc though. At a point, i had considered him to be the star of the future. Max has since then evolved into a very consistent performer though. The fact that he seems to drive around his cars problems too - something both Gasly and Albon cant. There too though - i dont see Gasly and Albon as any kind of benchmark. Clearly they arent. So his performance too is somewhat suspectable to be slightly misrepresentative in that vacuum.

No bias here. No overhyping. No pink glasses. I’m taking the wait and see approach with Russel.

How about we resume this talk when he gets a serious team mate who isnt there for his money or at least a real known quantity?

Oh one more thing; if Russel is that special on the basis that that William is a dog of a car and “not Q2 worthy” - which seems to be the popular narrative in proclaiming how great Russel is - how do you explain Kimi regularly faily in Q1? Oh that’s right. Maybe the Williams isnt THAT bad after all (relative to the Haas and Alfa this year...which all together make 6 cars with 5 dropping out in Q1).
I think Leclerc only became more consistant this year. Last year there were more then a few races where he absolutely dominated Seb and where Seb had no answer. Its just extension of that form + Seb being a bit lost.

El Scorchio

Binotto caught on camera having a chat with someone while the anthem is playing.... classy.

Big Tea

Good anthem
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

How far forward does max wanna start lol
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

Max ahead of his line?!

Pelanlize him!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

El Scorchio

Well if it’s not ok I am sure someone will be on the blower to race control. However, as it’s made THE SHOW better they’ll probably try not to administer any sort of penalty

El Scorchio

Gutted for Gasly.

This looks like it’s going to be a race bereft of overtaking.

Mattyw
Mattyw

PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 14:14
Max ahead of his line?!

Pelanlize him!
Way over - how has nobody spotted it?

Mogster

DRS seems ineffective.

hudnut
hudnut

The perfunctory earlier call from Hamilton regarding tyre degradation. I wonder how much longer than everyone else he'll run on the first set this time. :)

Mogster

hudnut wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 14:32
The perfunctory earlier call from Hamilton regarding tyre degradation. I wonder how much longer than everyone else he'll run on the first set this time. :)
Till he runs into the back of the pack.

NathanOlder

Lewis comes alive
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

falonso81

So, Bottas calls for a strategy change, gets shoved each time. Lewis calls for it, Merc bend over.
Valterri, get out of there asap.

grubschumi13
grubschumi13

Last Weekend MErcedes said to Bottas who wanted a different strategy No they don't give different strategies one the driver in the lead decides gets their tires they do not give a different option to the other driver, here now you see when its Hamilton, they give him the strategy he wants. going longer and different tyres.

NathanOlder

grubschumi13 wrote:
01 Nov 2020, 14:50
Last Weekend MErcedes said to Bottas who wanted a different strategy No they don't give different strategies one the driver in the lead decides gets their tires they do not give a different option to the other driver, here now you see when its Hamilton, they give him the strategy he wants. going longer and different tyres.
Different tyres ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.