Honda F1 in trouble, and withdraw from F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
modbaraban
modbaraban

Re: Honda F1 in trouble, and withdraw from F1

I suggest Steve Buscemi

Professor
Professor

I was thinking about the actor to play Bernie, I suggest Liza Minelli.

donskar
donskar

I do enjoy the idea of casting Graham Chapman though, he'd be a dead-ringer for Bernie as he's been dead for twenty years...
I see nothing wrong with Bernie being played by a dead man. He's been brain dead for years now. :lol:
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

freedom_honda

Honda... well ex-honda team go racing again!
http://www.f1network.net/main/s169/st140565.htm

modbaraban
modbaraban

freedom_honda wrote:Honda... well ex-honda team go racing again!
http://www.f1network.net/main/s169/st140565.htm
Oh that's new... I mean.. not Honda going racing... again. The new thing is management buyout without Fry :wtf:

MRE
MRE

Williams will do good, they are consistent and have a very high motivation. They don't do something radical like Honda with their dreams earth campaign. That is a good move by Honda but at a wrong place and a wrong time. But I think it is not only about cost , it is more about Honda had lose their passion in F1.
formula one

Conceptual
Conceptual

MRE wrote:Williams will do good, they are consistent and have a very high motivation. They don't do something radical like Honda with their dreams earth campaign. That is a good move by Honda but at a wrong place and a wrong time. But I think it is not only about cost , it is more about Honda had lose their passion in F1.
Getting your ass whipped by your B team who is running your old car may have contributed to that...

xpensive
xpensive

I still cannot understand why Ross Brawn didn't just hop in his car already in December, surely his contract would have allowed for it as Honda must have been in breach somehow?
Unless of course Donskar is right, the man was proud and naive?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

freedom_honda

I don't think Ross Brawn is in F1 for money anymore. He probably wants to create another miracle, like he did with Benneton and Ferrari.

CZOLG
CZOLG

freedom_honda wrote:I don't think Ross Brawn is in F1 for money anymore. He probably wants to create another miracle, like he did with Benneton and Ferrari.
Same here.
I think he is an ambitious man and still wants to achieve. I thought this when he left Ferrari. Why else would he had done it if not to meet a new challenge?
race on sunday, sell on monday

xpensive
xpensive

Honda F1 was a challenge, this is just embarrassing.

freedom_honda

xpensive wrote:Honda F1 was a challenge, this is just embarrassing.
how is this embarrassing? There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Honda made a political decision to pull out, Ross tries to help the team to find a new buyer and continue racing. What is wrong with that? When Ross joined the team as the team principle, he has the responsibility to take care of the team no matter what the situation is. Unfortunately it is to find a new buyer. The team is HIS responsibility, you can't just walk out if things go wrong.

No offense, but why do you have to be so negative about Ross and the team?

axle
axle

freedom_honda wrote:
xpensive wrote:Honda F1 was a challenge, this is just embarrassing.
how is this embarrassing? There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Honda made a political decision to pull out, Ross tries to help the team to find a new buyer and continue racing. What is wrong with that? When Ross joined the team as the team principle, he has the responsibility to take care of the team no matter what the situation is. Unfortunately it is to find a new buyer. The team is HIS responsibility, you can't just walk out if things go wrong.

No offense, but why do you have to be so negative about Ross and the team?
Here here, indeed Mr. Xpensive seems to have a downer on a lot of the strugglers at the moment, FIF1 and Honda etc...

Maybe he doesn't understand that you don't just walk away from a fight...

Moving on, one thing I don't get is why the team hasn't been drastically restructured down to just a core that can build a car and race it. They can't need 700 employees to simply turn up and race. They must be able to remove 20% straight away and make it ever more viable to take on.
- Axle

xpensive
xpensive

What I am saying is that when Honda pulled the plug in December, everyone involved must have realized that finding someone serious enough to shoulder the responsibility for a staff of 700 in an extravagant activity such as F1, in the midst of a world-wide economical crisis at that, was next to zip given the time constraints.

And hand on heart, I would be so happy having to eat that balaclava.

andartop
andartop

Pardon my French but "world-wide economical crisis" my a$$. i think it's crystal clear that Honda have underperformed beyond anyone's wildest fantasies, so they were just looking for an excuse to get the hell out of F1. Exactly like Subaru in the WRC. And plenty other mega-corporations.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft