[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

I just hope they can learn something today (what put the car in such a nice operating window) that can help them on car setup next year. This is the closest McLaren has been to pole for quite some time now.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Emag wrote:I just hope they can learn something today (what put the car in such a nice operating window) that can help them on car setup next year. This is the closest McLaren has been to pole for quite some time now.
I’m sure they have all the data, the scary part is if the MCL35’s performance depends too much on track conditions since that isn’t a factor you can’t really control

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CjC
CjC

:o A quarter of a second off pole!?!?! :o :o

=D> =D>
Just a fan's point of view

Chicane
Chicane

Lando's Mega lap with telemtry

Quickshifter

diffuser

Darth-Piekus wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 16:04
Now that is what I want to see from Lando Norris. That is a championship Material Lap. We need more of those. Where did Sainz lose in the end? Can we now have Sainz pass Albon in the start and have Norris on 4th and Sainz on 5th? If we get those places tomorrow we are getting 3rd place no matter what RP does cause there is no way Stroll and Perez will be able to reach Albon from all that distance to a hard passing GP.
Sanz starts on Mediums. Be nice if he passes him but doesn't have to.

Chicane
Chicane

What a lap. People ask what Lando should be doing more often, i say he should be delivering like he did today, absolutely extracting every ounce from the car when it absolutely mattered. On a 5.55km with so many corners he drove an inch perfect lap in Q3.

Every driver, even a Lewis Hamilton gets questioned when he doesn't deliver and that's what pressure at the very top looks like. Lando needs to start produce performances like these on a more consistent basis if he wants to win races in future. It's great to see Mclaren qualifying two tenths off pole in the very last race of the season. Bodes well for next season.
Quickshifter

billamend
billamend

Anthony Davidson said that that lap was better than Verstappen’s (of course RB16 is a better car)

ScottR267
ScottR267

Emag
Emag

That's good news I think. Even more money coming in for the upcoming seasons.

ScottR267
ScottR267

Emag wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 22:40
Hopefully it means that the infrastructure they wanted to update to be up to speed with the big 3 can commence ASAP! All positive news for the team!

diffuser

Emag wrote:
Not sure that is good news. Is diluting your shares for cash, cause you need the cash good news?

mwillems

diffuser wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 00:33
Emag wrote:
Not sure that is good news. Is diluting your shares for cash, cause you need the cash good news?
If you need cash, yes.

The team has run at a loss for a while now, so sharing the profits in the future seasons won't be much of a hardship. Trading that against liquidity for automotive is a good deal.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

diffuser wrote:
Emag wrote:
Depends on the valuation used for the shares and what you can do with the cash... This is a very valid financial strategy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

diffuser

mwillems wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 01:08
diffuser wrote:
Emag wrote:

If you need cash, yes.

The team has run at a loss for a while now, so sharing the profits in the future seasons won't be much of a hardship. Trading that against liquidity for automotive is a good deal.
It just like another loan. They end up owning less of McLaren. It isn't good news. They're getting poorer. Just like selling your car to make ends meet isn't good news. It is better news than nobody wanting to buy your car though.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

diffuser wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 05:32
mwillems wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 01:08
diffuser wrote:

If you need cash, yes.

It just like another loan. They end up owning less of McLaren. It isn't good news. They're getting poorer. Just like selling your car to make ends meet isn't good news. It is better news than nobody wanting to buy your car though.
From my understanding, it only concerns McLaren Racing, for what will be, though fairly significant, still a minority stake (one third). It’s the times we live in, unfortunately, COVID-19 is not just killing people. But if you can get someone to invest in your business, rather than see it go into administration, it’s a better deal. I’d like to research more on the group involved in this, but scanning through, it seems they’re experienced in sports team ownership and management in the US. Hopefully, it turns out alright.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.