[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Really? That is a bummer. Why not? Arent some more kilometers worth it?

CjC
CjC

CjC wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 13:55
Anyway back today’s proceedings!
Unfortunately I have a feeling reliability may settle this P3 to P5 battle today.....
Well I was right and for once it went Mclarens way for a change!! 8)

Fantastic job by the team =D>
Sealing P3- great achievement =D>
Bravo Lando- bounced back very well from last weekend, he was quick all weekend =D>
And thank you to Carlos, he has contributed massively to our P4 last season and our P3 this season, he’s been fantastic and I’d happily welcome him back to the team in the future =D>
Just a fan's point of view

Emag
Emag

What's the usual penalty given for driving slowly on the pitlane? I feel like only a disqualification would strip McLaren from 3rd at this point, but that seems way too harsh of a punishment for something that barely had any influence over the race.

Darth-Piekus

They aren't going to do something like that. It would be too much.

mwillems

FittingMechanics wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 17:02
Darth-Piekus wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 16:57
And now we welcome Danny Ric to the team. A driver with Championship Material.
Looking forward to next year. Mercedes engine and Ricciardo. This means we don't have any excuses for bad results.
Excuses are very easy to find around here.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

McL-H
McL-H

Congratulations to everyone! =D> It was a great season with all you guys. I lost faith in our opportunities for P3 multiple times this year, but the team managed to hold on. Our best performance in the hybrid area.

Up to more celebrations in 2021. I expect Ferrari to be a lot stronger then, so the team needs to up its game even more to beat them! Let’s hope the tokens issue doesn’t hurt us and the Mercedes engine can bring us one step closer.

I hope to read all your insightful comments again next year. Starting at winter testing! See you then!

kfrantzios
kfrantzios

Great Results for the team. Amazing work to secure that 3rd place!

Darth-Piekus

I'm gonna use The Rocks Motto.

Finally. Mclaren Mercedes is back in Formula 1. Let's see what the M36 will do next year.

_cerber1

Congratulations to all McLaren fans for the 3rd place in the Constructors' Cup! It was a difficult year for us, but the result met all expectations!

Darth-Piekus

Makes me curious if Ferrari didn't had that illegal engine last year would they have finished behind Mclaren? In any case it's a great scandal for the FIA not to disqualify them.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Phew! After Bahrain I thought we had 3rd all sewn up, after Sahkir I thought we missed our chance. Really happy with this, the hard work by the team, juggling 2020 & 2021 development, so much compromise during FP sessions. What I’m most impressed by is the exemplary handling and attitude of the team and Carlos during his final season. He’ll go down as a fan favourite, great race driver, great human being. Looking forward to a more competitive 2021, step by step, hope we get closer to the front. It won’t be easy, but F1 isn’t easy.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Emag
Emag

Darth-Piekus wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 17:15
Makes me curious if Ferrari didn't had that illegal engine last year would they have finished behind Mclaren? In any case it's a great scandal for the FIA not to disqualify them.
Definitely not I would say. They were on average 0.3% behind Mercedes last year (McLaren was 1.5% for reference). This year, McLaren was 1.3% behind Mercedes (with Ferrari behind close to 1.5%).

Without the compromised engine, even if the car was --- up enough to lose them >0.7% over Mercedes, they still would have been safely ahead of McLaren this year. (For reference, 0.7% has been the average gap RedBull has had to Mercedes this year, so it isn't as insignificant as it seems)

mwillems

Emag wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 17:23
Darth-Piekus wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 17:15
Definitely not I would say. They were on average 0.3% behind Mercedes last year (McLaren was 1.5% for reference). This year, McLaren was 1.3% behind Mercedes (with Ferrari behind close to 1.5%).

Without the compromised engine, even if the car was --- up enough to lose them >0.7% over Mercedes, they still would have been safely ahead of McLaren this year. (For reference, 0.7% has been the average gap RedBull has had to Mercedes this year, so it isn't as insignificant as it seems)
Agreed. The engine has set them back, but this is as much about a poor car than the engine.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

bauc

Darth-Piekus wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 17:11
I'm gonna use The Rocks Motto.

Finally. Mclaren Mercedes is back in Formula 1. Let's see what the M36 will do next year.
MCL-35M is the official designation, but yes BRING 2021 ON!!!!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Darth-Piekus

I shal see you all next year. Mclaren with Mercedes Engines hoping to exploit the engine change and gain an advantage. Let's not forget Danny Ric and Norris are gonna be the most funny pair in Formula 1. I am confident for next year.