[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
proteus

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Emag wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 17:06
What's the usual penalty given for driving slowly on the pitlane? I feel like only a disqualification would strip McLaren from 3rd at this point, but that seems way too harsh of a punishment for something that barely had any influence over the race.
As much as Sainz slowed down, Stroll was released unsafely so it would be a bit of a dick move to penalise them. Especially since Stroll was not impeded - as far as i have seen.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

bauc

BIG BIG BIG CONGRATS to the hole Mclaren team about a stellar season... yes we had a lot of up's and down's but I think we deserved this P3 in the constructors championship, its extra sweet as we've done it with a car that was designed and produced by us......

I'm lookin forward to next year with Danny RIC coming to the team and a reunion of the Mclaren and Mercedes brands.....

I would also like to congratulate everyone here on this forum who supports Mclaren and who are faithful to this team no matter what. I've been with this team since 1997 and I'm not going to quit till I die... in good times and in bad times ... we win and we loose together...

WE WILL WIN AGAIN!

MCLAREN!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

McG

Good.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

_cerber1

bauc wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 17:28
BIG BIG BIG CONGRATS to the hole Mclaren team about a stellar season... yes we had a lot of up's and down's but I think we deserved this P3 in the constructors championship, its extra sweet as we've done it with a car that was designed and produced by us......

I'm lookin forward to next year with Danny RIC coming to the team and a reunion of the Mclaren and Mercedes brands.....

I would also like to congratulate everyone here on this forum who supports Mclaren and who are faithful to this team no matter what. I've been with this team since 1997 and I'm not going to quit till I die... in good times and in bad times ... we win and we loose together...

WE WILL WIN AGAIN!

MCLAREN!
=D> =D> =D>

NathanOlder

Emag wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 17:06
What's the usual penalty given for driving slowly on the pitlane? I feel like only a disqualification would strip McLaren from 3rd at this point, but that seems way too harsh of a punishment for something that barely had any influence over the race.
For Mclaren to lose 3rd now, the penalty would have to be 37 seconds or more.

Its safe.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Jackles-UK

Let this season demonstrate the value of having a team with the strength of McLaren running throughout the entire team.

The majority of the season the RP’s were considerably quicker than the McLaren but having two drivers working together to consistently pull in good points, an engineering team that generally seems to make good decisions and a management team who have put in a structure that allows everyone to work together correctly has been the difference across what has been a crazy season. Massive respect to everyone involved.

Darth-Piekus

That's the difference between a historic F1 Giant and a Midfield team that's a wanabee big team. Even though they were slightly faster than us they didn't have the organisation, the size, the resources, the drivers or the name to compete with us and that is gonna be even more painfully obvious the following years when they will be forced to make their own car instead of copying a championship winning car in the hopes of them stealing some spotlight.
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 13 Dec 2020, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

Shader

I feel so proud of the team... Still... we are not at the top, but the 3rd place feels like a way back to it. It's been ages since we've been there. I hope this thread does not go silent until winter testing. Thanks to all of you for your comments. :D Enjoy this day, and the success!
Last edited by Shader on 13 Dec 2020, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

Xero

Jackles-UK wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 17:42
Let this season demonstrate the value of having a team with the strength of McLaren running throughout the entire team.

The majority of the season the RP’s were considerably quicker than the McLaren but having two drivers working together to consistently pull in good points, an engineering team that generally seems to make good decisions and a management team who have put in a structure that allows everyone to work together correctly has been the difference across what has been a crazy season. Massive respect to everyone involved.
I'll echo that sentiment!

Will also add that where RP feel short had a large part to do with a lack of understanding of a car they didn't design. The reliability issues that crept in were down to an aggressive car concept that they struggled to keep on top of.

McLaren have been excellent all season from an operational point of view, they have their house in order, they have a top driver in Ricciardo next season along with a best in class Mercedes PU. All credit to Zak Brown, and bringing in Andreas Seidl has seen the team make that next step. Been a pleasure to watch!

chrisgr
chrisgr

Its not only that we earned the third place in WCC. We did it with the least car development during the season. I am not sure, but I think Mclaren was the team with the fewest car updates due to the engine swap next year.

So next year performance is not so important imo. Of course we are Mclaren and we cant leave everything in luck. We should use most resourses to integrate the new engine and to start designing the 2022 car as soon as possible. We have a team that can find our weaknesses and try their best to solve them (cost limited of course..).

Many thanks to all our staff for their efforts this difficult year.

Emag
Emag

What is the status on the pending investigation so far?

McFAN
McFAN

Szabi1112
Szabi1112

Emag wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 18:09
Somewhere I read 10 second. It’s kind of gossip.

_cerber1

Emag wrote:
13 Dec 2020, 18:09

Emag
Emag

And that seals it. Great job from the team. Might have not deserved it on pure pace, but their performance as a team has definitely been better than their competitors. Finally the future is looking bright for McLaren. I still remember how low the team had fallen after 2018. They were 2.9% behind Mercedes that year. At the end of this one, that gap has gone down to 1.3%. Hopefully the positive momentum carries on. Depending on how much Ferrari improves, next year is going to have an even fiercer battle. I am personally looking forward to it!