[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

What a class act by Mclaren, wow I need this rivalry with Ferrari back ASAP =D> =D> =D>

Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

bauc wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 09:48
What a class act by Mclaren, wow I need this rivalry with Ferrari back ASAP =D> =D> =D>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVJ2ROZdzSY
Just.... Wow!!!
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

McG

adrianjordan wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 00:17
diffuser wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 17:38
bauc wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 17:13

Track conditions, PU settings ect... this was done for Alonso do get a grip of the current car and Renault to catch headlines for sponsors ... aka Alonso is back 1 day and already faster than RIC & OCN

If Mclaren do their homework properly, we can fight for P3 next year again, maybe a win or two
The odds for one win is long. Look at how fast RBR were this year and they only made 1 win. Now we'd have to beat both of them. Not to mention the Pink W11. The Pink W11 is gonna give RBR a run for their money in 2021.
This is just getting annoying and childish now. Aston Martin (née Racing Point) will not, that is NOT, be able to simply copy the W11 as the basis for their 2021 car.

They will have to develop their own car using the RP20 as a base. Yes, they will buy some components from Merc, but they won't have had anywhere near as long as Merc to optimise their design for them.

Can we just please stop with all the childish ignorance regarding what RP/AM will be able to do next season.
You're annoying thinking everything is all above board. RP are a slimeball greasy team now and nothing would be surprising as to what they do next. Yes they will most likely still copy Mercedes but it's most likely direct data transfer, not from pictures.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

mwillems

diffuser wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 04:23
mwillems wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 00:47
SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 00:39

The W11 was an evolution of the W10 and RP (Aston) will be using the W11 suspension... We should expect a very similar car to the W11 next year (in addition of what they have learned this year about the W10)... Aston Martin should be strong next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You think it is that straight forward? Even the teams talk of a front to back redesign to work with the new floor.

I'm sure it won't be a million miles away, but I think there is time to be gained and lost and this can offer a mini shakeup.
Whatever RP did this year with the parts they got from 2019 Merc, it worked. You need to believe that they're gonna be able to do the same thing next year. In fact, I expect them to improve on that process based on what they've learned.
I'm not doubting their ability, but its not a case of improving on, but changing the aero flow. So it feels like a different challenge and a step up.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 06:08
mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 00:39

The W11 was an evolution of the W10 and RP (Aston) will be using the W11 suspension... We should expect a very similar car to the W11 next year (in addition of what they have learned this year about the W10)... Aston Martin should be strong next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You think it is that straight forward? Even the teams talk of a front to back redesign to work with the new floor.

I'm sure it won't be a million miles away, but I think there is time to be gained and lost and this can offer a mini shakeup.
It definitely isn’t that straight forward... But the teams have probably been working on that change for most of the year and we shouldn’t underestimate the engineer capability of all the teams.

We have already seeing teams experimenting with the new floors (Mclaren did it as early as Spa this year)... And even though there is an expectation that downforce will be lost, the times Mclaren was doing with the new floor weren’t that far off the pace as one would expect from a predicted 10% of downforce loss.

Can it shake up the grid? I believe that it can... But not because of the new floor itself, but more because of the different concepts the teams run... There are some that think that the changes will affect more those teams with a high rake philosophy than those with a low one, but I’ve also read opinions of the contrary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah exactly, we are going back to a point of less convergence, where some solutions will work out of the box and others won't.

They have worked on it all year but I dont know if that means they worked on the best solution all year, or that correlation is all there.

They may be strong, but its possible they may not get it right too. As with us.

-Bandit

zeph
zeph

bauc wrote:

lol@ZakBrown

He couldn’t hide his accent to save his life

mwillems

Lucky wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 07:08
mwillems wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 00:19
The main thing they can take is the coveted rear suspension from this years Mercedes
rear suspension Mercedes 2020 they put in Sochi
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... regeln-f1/
That was a good read, I did not know they put in the 2020 suspension so that they could get the gearbox next year.

-Bandit

bauc

zeph wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 11:02
bauc wrote:

lol@ZakBrown

Yes :mrgreen:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

BosF1
BosF1

bauc wrote:

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes McLaren magnificent. I am proud to be a fan of this team =D>

M840TR
M840TR

bauc wrote:
ALO_Power wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 21:23
bauc wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 17:13

Track conditions, PU settings ect... this was done for Alonso do get a grip of the current car and Renault to catch headlines for sponsors ... aka Alonso is back 1 day and already faster than RIC & OCN

If Mclaren do their homework properly, we can fight for P3 next year again, maybe a win or two
Hmm, how so? You imply that Renault was hiding some pace in the qualifying of the gp just for that? Tires were same, if not harder. Only track conditions are the variable.
Lest talk no more about Renault here, but you can put fresh PU in the back of Alonso's car and use different modes, something that was not allowed during the season and something a PU at the end of the life cycle would have not been able to do.

Cheeers!
It doesn’t necessarily have to be a new pu. Teams often use the same pu throughout in-season and post-season testing. In fact it is often the pu used in the last day of pre-season tests.

M840TR
M840TR

zeph wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 11:02
bauc wrote:

lol@ZakBrown

Lmao reminds me of Brad Pitt’s character in inglorious bastard.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

bauc wrote:

Absolute class. Very nice McLaren.

Xero

Andres125sx wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 22:08
Xero wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 17:50
I'm sure everyone has seen this going about, but it's even more bizarre with some more added numbers.

In his last race for McLaren, Carlos Sainz in car #55 has helped secure McLaren's career total of 5555.5 points, after 55 laps of the 5.55km long Abu Dhabi GP circuit.

Mind. Blown. :o
Is this real? :wtf:
It is indeed. Crazy coincidence how it all landed like that!

Lucky
Lucky

adrianjordan

McG wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 10:25
adrianjordan wrote:
16 Dec 2020, 00:17
diffuser wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 17:38

The odds for one win is long. Look at how fast RBR were this year and they only made 1 win. Now we'd have to beat both of them. Not to mention the Pink W11. The Pink W11 is gonna give RBR a run for their money in 2021.
This is just getting annoying and childish now. Aston Martin (née Racing Point) will not, that is NOT, be able to simply copy the W11 as the basis for their 2021 car.

They will have to develop their own car using the RP20 as a base. Yes, they will buy some components from Merc, but they won't have had anywhere near as long as Merc to optimise their design for them.

Can we just please stop with all the childish ignorance regarding what RP/AM will be able to do next season.
You're annoying thinking everything is all above board. RP are a slimeball greasy team now and nothing would be surprising as to what they do next. Yes they will most likely still copy Mercedes but it's most likely direct data transfer, not from pictures.
But that means you're also suggesting Merc are cheating and for what gain?

That's a lot of risk - potentially getting thrown out of the championship and/or fines in order to help another team?

For a team that is about as transparent and above board as any other team in F1, that is a hell of a claim to level at Mercedes.

Not mention that Aston Martin will have a brand reputation to protect - unlike Racing Point.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️