2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

ryaan2904 wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 09:39
it was Marchionne's decision to bring in a young talented driver because he believed both Vettel and Raikkonen to be underperforming
He was right! Sainz is a good driver, I wish they would have gone for Leclerc+Ricciardo to get the absolute best lineup of available drivers, but it is what is. In some ways, Sainz performed relatively close to Verstappen and Sainz twice winning 6th place in the WDC in a midfield car (especially in 2019 when Ferrari was also with Mercedes and Red Bull at the front) is no fluke! :)

Vasconia

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 22:59
Sainz is about as exciting as Bottas.

So to sum up your post:

Arrivabene = Vettel = bad
Binotto = Vettel gone = good

:roll:
We have seen more brave moves and good fights with Sainz in one season that what we will see with Bottas in all his career.

Schippke
Schippke

To try and move the conversation that I potentially started with Team Principles, and to stop the s**t throwing matches... regarding Leclerc and Sainz, I reckon Ferrari has the strongest potential driver pairing of the grid heading into the season; I say potential as it'll depend on how quick Sainz and get himself up to speed in this years SF21 (due to the joke that is 3 days worth of winter testing). The only other team-mate combination that would rival them in my opinion would be Verstappen and Perez (similar scenario, with the hope that Perez can quickly get dialled in to Red Bull... the team as much as the car).

... so even though it is almost a certainty that Ferrari won't be troubling the front when it comes to Mercedes and Red Bull, I'm feeling confident that their line-up will be able to extract the maximum the car can offer... that alone will most likely ensure Ferrari finish the year in a much stronger position compared to last, due to Vettel unable to score points like Charles did.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sevach
Sevach

I think Ferrari has a couple of challenges in the TP department.
First, they are going through them like fast food so they need to slow down, but this decision suddenly stop the "Principal roulette" might've left them with the wrong one in charge.
Second, suppousedly Binotto was a valuable tecnician, he ascended to TD and under his guidance Ferrari produced the best cars they have made in a decade, they set some trends rather than following them. Does this mean he's the right man to be TP? In my opinion obviously not.

Ferrari is in this position where they want to save face on how unstable their TP position is and they might want to relegate Binotto without actually saying he's been relegated(Binotto is already taking a more factory based approach to the job than it would be normal) or they could say "to hell with all of this" and get rid of him and face the usual criticism.

tpe
tpe

Very interesting reading so far. But I don't see anyone to mention the late SM.
I strongly believe that he had an instrumental role in the engine saga. And for some reason I have the feeling that Arrivabene got the boot because he didn't agree with this path. Remember the meetings in Maranello held by SM with various engineers to explore new paths etc...

LM10
LM10

Regarding the role of Marchionne in the engine saga, here is an interview with Binotto I already sent in this forum a couple of months ago:

https://scuderiafans.com/he-pushed-us-t ... archionne/

When asked if Marchionne pushed them to develop within grey zones, Binotto told:
I think in that respect all the teams are doing it. But then it’s what you interpret as grey or not grey. I think it’s obviously always a limit which is very borderline and difficult. But yes he certainly pushed us – not me, but us – a lot to develop the grey areas as much as we could.
The article contains some other interesting bits and shows how much of a pressure Marchionne put on the people and in this case Binotto. He needed to answer to messages from him on the mobile phone withing 30 seconds, for example. Binotto always needed to have his phone next to him, in order to reply immediately.

Wouter

Inseparable 😍
Lando Norris and Carlos Sainz still get along well and have a blast on the golf course in Bahrain 🏌‍♂😂
The Power of Dreams!

Herr_Koos

SF21 launch is at 1PM GMT. Just in case anyone is interested.

https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/formula1/sf21-reveal

El Scorchio

Sevach wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 20:48
I think Ferrari has a couple of challenges in the TP department.
First, they are going through them like fast food so they need to slow down, but this decision suddenly stop the "Principal roulette" might've left them with the wrong one in charge.
Second, suppousedly Binotto was a valuable tecnician, he ascended to TD and under his guidance Ferrari produced the best cars they have made in a decade, they set some trends rather than following them. Does this mean he's the right man to be TP? In my opinion obviously not.

Ferrari is in this position where they want to save face on how unstable their TP position is and they might want to relegate Binotto without actually saying he's been relegated(Binotto is already taking a more factory based approach to the job than it would be normal) or they could say "to hell with all of this" and get rid of him and face the usual criticism.
Absolutely this. Nailed it. I also think maybe they've opted to stick with the wrong man, and also that they've taken him away from his position of strength and put him in one which is not his strength, which is bad for both sides of the team- the design/technical side and the business side. He should be in the Allison/Newey role. Not the Wolff/Horner one.

i think it's very interesting how his role seemed to change in the latter part of last year. IMO it would be smart to move him back to his area of expertise and let someone else handle all the 'crap' of the team principal role.

Manfer
Manfer

Manfer
Manfer

wogx

We've got next leak!

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

scheffers
scheffers