2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle
Jolle

Re: 2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

trinidefender wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 22:44
godlameroso wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 16:27
Manoah2u wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:34
Can't be accurate indeed and especially concidering there's no idea whether he was putting the pedal to the metal for example. Also, one driver can have blazingly purple sectors in sector 1 and 2, but still lose to the other driver who makes up everything and gains some in sector 3.
The distance and throttle application from Tamburello to the first braking zone is the same. Download the youtube video, then use video editing software and if you know the frame rate, you can count time by counting frames. Down to whatever the framerate is. If 30 that's enough to see tenths.
This only works if the braking point is the same. In a qualifying lap they will be pushing the braking point as late as possible, something they aren't doing on a filming day.
Any information is helpful for other teams, even something as trivial as gearbox ratios. Why help them?

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

lio007

Does anybody know why Yuki wasn't on track the last couple of hours?

Nevermind:
Jonathan Eddolls (Chief Race Engineer) wrote: It’s great to be back on track in Bahrain and running the AT02 for the first proper test. Pierre drove for us this morning and we completed some aero mapping and runs first thing, before getting into some longer running further into the session. The car performed very well in the morning, we completed our full run-plan and had no issues. We’re obviously quite restricted with running this test, having only three days, so we went through our test plan and covered some good ground. We then swapped to Yuki in the afternoon and unfortunately it hasn’t been such a smooth afternoon, for several reasons. Firstly, the sand both on-track and in the air, made it extremely difficult – so the track was quite a lot slower to begin with. Unfortunately, we then spotted some issues in the fuel system, which were impacting most of his laps and meant we couldn’t give him any consistent runs. The session was quite compromised for him, which is a shame, but we stopped running before the chequered flag, so we could investigate the problem and fix it ahead of his running first thing tomorrow.

Wouter

Scuderia AlphaTauri today took to the 5.412km Bahrain International Circuit for the first of three days of official FIA Formula 1 pre-season testing, ahead of the season opener at the same venue on 28th March.

Pierre: .....
Yuki: .....
Jonathan Eddolls (Chief Race Engineer): .....
https://www.scuderiaalphatauri.com/en/2 ... rain_Tests

Yuki's New Haircut. 🔥🔥🔥 =D>

The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Tsunoda's feedback on the RA621H and the Red Bull steering.
2021 will mark the final year of Honda’s active involvement with Red Bull and AlphaTauri, with the Japanese firm having fast-tracked its planned 2022 engine to be ready for 2021 for both teams. And Tsunoda, who tested the previous-generation AlphaTauri-Honda AT01 at the post-season Abu Dhabi test last year, said he’d been impressed by the step in performance from the new engine.

“The PU, the engine, had a big improvement,” said Tsunoda. “Quite a good improvement compared to AT01, so I think we had a good start.

“I also think for the steering, we have a good step,” Tsunoda added, “and I have more confidence to drive into the corners. For me, it’s a really good, positive thing.”
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... X5Fu1.html

Wouter

Bahrain hat der Formel 1 das Angebot unterbreitet, sich gegen Covid-19 impfen zu lassen. Alpha Tauri hat es dankbar angenommen. "Die ganze Mannschaft hat sich am Dienstag impfen lassen. Wir bleiben zwei Tage länger nach dem Rennen für die zweite Spritze. Die Gesundheit steht an oberster Stelle. In Europa wissen wir nicht, wann wir mit der Impfung dran wären", sagt Teamchef Franz Tost.
Bahrain has made Formula 1 an offer to be vaccinated against Covid-19. Alpha Tauri accepted it gratefully. "The whole team got vaccinated on Tuesday. We stay two days longer after the race for the second injection. Health is our top priority. In Europe we don't know when it will be our turn to have the vaccination," says team boss Franz Tost .

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... iveticker/
The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

In response to Wouter's excitement on the AT02 thread :

To be fair to Gasly, his time was from the morning, and the order does not totally reflect where you'd expect everyone to be, but ... P2 is still P2, with a big gap to P3, that is some serious speed. Let's hope for the best in two weeks time !

OK, I'm quite excited too (but trying to keep a lid on it) :-)

Wouter

Yes, I should have posted it in this team topic, but hé, 1.8 sec difference between Pierre and Yuki is still huge
and I know, the circumstances were different. I think Yuki is still faster.

So, I deleted it there. Here it is. :-)

This testing is 100 times more fun and exciting than a qualification! :D

Rookie Tsunoda who drives World Champion Alonso at 1.3 sec on the same tire !!
And then see Kimi! That's great. Really enjoy this. Max drives great in the RB16B, while he is testing parts.
And Hamilton on the C5 ... 1 second slower than Yuki.
Oh, and 1.8 sec faster then Pierre Gasly in the same car! WOW!

We are going to see a lot of beautiful things about that small, fast Japanese man !! =D>

Testing day 3 is over! Honda on place 1 and 2 !! Max (C4) and Yuki (C5) , both on fire !! =D> =D> =D>

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

vtec turbo hybrid just kicked in yo

Sevach
Sevach

Wouter wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 20:22
Scuderia AlphaTauri today took to the 5.412km Bahrain International Circuit for the first of three days of official FIA Formula 1 pre-season testing, ahead of the season opener at the same venue on 28th March.

Pierre: .....
Yuki: .....
Jonathan Eddolls (Chief Race Engineer): .....
https://www.scuderiaalphatauri.com/en/2 ... rain_Tests

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EpWBynyXIAY ... name=small

Yuki's New Haircut. 🔥🔥🔥 =D>

https://scontent-ams4-1.cdninstagram.co ... e=6074FE31
Looks like he stopped giving his mom the deciding voice :mrgreen: , go grown up Yuki.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

I don’t want to sound over the top and all, but Yuki reminds me of Fernando, in respect to adaptability. Put this guy in anything and he’ll adapt and be quick in no time, can’t wait to see him go wheel to wheel. Looks like Gasly will have his hands full, which is a good thing, because that means AT will have a strong line up.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

hkbruin
hkbruin

Imagine Rd.1 Bahrain if the Top 4 cars on the grid all have Honda on the rear wings... :)

etusch

Gasly: ​​"We have reasons to be excited but we have to stay calm"

Gasly: ​​"We have reasons to be excited but we have to stay calm" AlphaTauri driver Pierre Gasly admitted that he was happy after the last day of the Bahrain test, but said it was too early to say something definite.

Speaking after the test, the French pilot said, "I feel ready. Unfortunately, the tests are over and the next time I drive the vehicle will be the race. I am very excited that we can complete the whole program. I think we have gathered good datas about ​​the vehicle we have. We know what do we need to improve. So it looks really positive. " "There is always something to improve. But to be honest, after these three days, we are in a much better position than we were in Barcelona last year," he said.

"I'm really happy. I think we know which teams will be very fast: We already have some ideas on this. Exactly where we are as a team, but hopefully we can find some more answers in the coming days before we get back here for the race. I hope he can get involved in the challenge and especially. we can fight for some good points too. " said.

Gasly said AT02, prepared according to the new rules, slid a little more.

"To be honest, the new car isn't in one place, it's a little slower everywhere. It's more slippery, slips a little more than usual, and traction is a little more troublesome. Overall the stability hasn't changed much, just the overall grip of the car. This is back down. We'll have to win. I don't know how long this will take. We have a lot of clever engineers in Faenza and Bicester, so hopefully we'll find some good answers. "

Answering the question about the Honda engine afterwards, Gasly said, "We are really happy so far, it has been a step forward compared to last year. The driveability in the last three days was excellent, so I think it's really positive on this side."

"We've seen that Mercedes has a very powerful engine. They showed it with McLaren and Williams, and you can obviously see that they have a lot of potential. I don't want to get too excited before the qualifying rounds start. I think we'll see the real official two weeks from now." said.

Gasly is sure the team will do a good job.

"We have a good package, but I don't want to make a firm judgment, because things can be very different in two weeks. We're just focusing on ourselves. We're looking at the areas we need to work on, because even if our car looks good, we still have parts to improve."

"Of course there are good reasons to be excited and I hope we can have some strong performances at the beginning of the season. It will be very important to achieve this."

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Tsunoda use of DRS was very liberal :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hkbruin
hkbruin

SmallSoldier wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 00:31
Tsunoda use of DRS was very liberal :)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202103 ... e6a620.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pretty sure this was late in the evening portion where he was on quali runs while everyone else was doing race simulations. I don’t see Raikkonen on this chart but if he was then you’d see him with high ERS usage since he was doing a similar program. Brundle and Chandock were effusive in their praise of Yuki. Either that or all the other teams were making him feel quite welcome 😛