BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Re: BrawnGP

G-Rock wrote:With all of the standardized components and aero regulations, it's going to be easier for teams to be quick out of the box from now on. The majority of development will be on chassis and wind tunnel.
No more worrying about new smaller gearboxes, smaller more powerfull engines that all have to be integrated into the system. Now they just have to build a chassis, drop in the drivetrain and go.
Too bad though that KERS will be standardized. Won't that defeat the purpose of having it, if everyone else has the same thing?
I was hoping that F1 would give KERS free reign. Then we would see some major innovation in energy recovery systems.

Sir G
I also thought one of the key reasons for introducing KERS to the sport was so that the teams could develop something that could benefit road cars. Mosley complained several times of how the current technologies in F1 are not relevant to road cars, and thats why he pushed KERS so hard...

And is it just me, or does it look like the two "triagles" on the inside of the front wing are the bits that move!?

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

Diesel wrote:And is it just me, or does it look like the two "triagles" on the inside of the front wing are the bits that move!?
I thought it was the two aerofoil sections you see...

They'll pivot around their aero centre so there isn't much strength (read: weight and space) needed for the mechanism.

axle
axle

Scarbs,

Are you talking about the black carbon pieced under the back of the wishbones?

- Axle

jddh1

xpensive wrote:Running light? Naaah...out of the box just 2.5s faster than McLaren, that surprise you? :wink:
That was a shock, not just a surprise. But I'm glad they're quick. Best of luck to them I say.

jddh1

axle wrote:Scarbs,

Are you talking about the black carbon pieced under the back of the wishbones?

I think he might be talking about those greenish looking plates just on the wing.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Brawn GP BGP001 Diffuser:

scarbs
scarbs

sort of you cant see it from that angle, you need to see it from the side...

http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/123616

scarbs
scarbs

plus I just noticed the steering arm is low down inlinw with the lower wishbone!

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

scarbs wrote:plus I just noticed the steering arm is low down inlinw with the lower wishbone!
I noticed that, I was waiting for a team to finally give that idea a go! :)

Bob Brown

I still can't believe how developed this car is.............quite ridiculous really.

smithmd4
smithmd4

This is the same pic, with it circled. Should be a little bigger version.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bj ... directlink

Conceptual
Conceptual

I guess the times reflect the amount of time that went into this car.

Scarbs, any timeframe when this car was started? Even in comparison to the other cars?

jamsbong
jamsbong

Congrats to the Courageous Ross Brawn for taking up the leadership of the unwanted x-honda team. I personally think this will be the beginning of good competitive days for the team.

Now we've got strong players apart from Mclaren and Ferrari, Red Bull's Adrian Newey and Ross Brawn are great potential to be top guns as well. Although Adrian Newey should be in much better position. Brawn still have to gather sponsors and survive the first year.

Best of Luck!

Rob W

Bob Brown wrote:I still can't believe how developed this car is.............quite ridiculous really.
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this wasn't a plan from ages ago and that Brawn had an arrangement with Honda from shortly after they announced they were pulling out.

I mean - it sort of makes Honda look less bad since the team has continued (jobs etc etc) and doing it this way would also be great for getting the attention of potential sponsors... Develop a car in secret as if it was all up in the air, and then come out with a solid looking package on day one and a car with lots of blank space screaming 'you could be here - I'm the guy who took Ferrari from nothing to multiple world Championships'.

xpensive
xpensive

I can't believe how many here who get carried away by winter practice times from a team in search for a sponsor. :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"