BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
timbo
timbo

Re: BrawnGP

xpensive wrote:I can't believe how many here who get carried away by winter practice times from a team in search for a sponsor. :lol:
So, if you were a sponsor, would you base your decision on practice times. huh?
Remember 1997, first year of Prost GP and the only their competitive year spoiled by Panis crash...
It started with Panis beating track record at Barcelona and by the time of their grim Canadian GP he was 2nd in the standings (well, I maybe mistaken but not less than 3rd anyway).
So test times don't ALWAYS lie.
Truth is their car is nice and developed and even if they would end in the midpack that's quite good for a team that in its last two years with full Honda support scored a single podium.

xpensive
xpensive

Agreed timbo, if they establish themselves in the midpack, it should indeed be considered a huge success.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

andartop
andartop

xpensive wrote:I can't believe how many here who get carried away by winter practice times from a team in search for a sponsor. :lol:
We're just hoping... fantasizing... what would it be like! Exactly for the same reason there are about 20 pages written already about how shitty the new McLaren is! We. Just. Don't. Know.
(By the way, one would have thought in the current climate more teams would be looking to attract some sponsors, ie Williams. Who knows? Maybe they are ALL running light, and Brawn GP is the quickest among them!)
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

xpensive
xpensive

Correct, nobody knows. But there was to the best of my understanding only one team at Jerez with no sponsor at all.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

andartop
andartop

xpensive wrote:Correct, nobody knows. But there was to the best of my understanding only one team at Jerez with no sponsor at all.
You know how money works, the more you have the more you want! :D
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Conceptual
Conceptual

I would really like to know when Honda started this car last year. For some reason, I remember Brawn in some pre-race show saying that they started it way early in 2008, possibly the moment that Brawn signed on.

It would be pretty understandable, and possibly ceredibility building if it turns out that the BGP-001 started the earliest, thus would be farther ahead at the first test...

Scarbs, do you know for sure?

From Formula1.com Q&A with Button:
Q: Your team started developing the 2009 car before anyone else. Do you think that is an advantage?
JB: Yeah - for sure! There are certain things that are a little bit difficult for us because we didn't plan to have this engine in the back of the car. Certain areas are not as good as other teams but we started this car very early and we have produced one that is competitive. And watching everyone testing, we are looking at the other cars seeing that certain parts that we have tried on our car and it didn't make us go that much quicker. That goes for a lot of the parts that are on other teams and we couldn't find a route with those parts so we took a different path which has worked for us. It's also a beautiful car, which is difficult to say with these wings, but this is definitely a beautiful car
Is it really a shock that it shows such performance out of the box?

I like this team for alot of points this year!

Moanlower

I'm also curious to how much the team lost in development because of the buyout?

Also, Button's spokesman said he had options at other teams. What teams could that have been?
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

axle
axle

Moanlower wrote:I'm also curious to how much the team lost in development because of the buyout?

Also, Button's spokesman said he had options at other teams. What teams could that have been?
I think you're wrong there - he said he only had one option...STR have confirmed the same.
- Axle

blobslosak
blobslosak

Moanlower wrote:Also, Button's spokesman said he had options at other teams. What teams could that have been?
On bbc sport Button has said he had no plan B... it was either race for Honda/Brawn or sit at home.

Moanlower

axle wrote:
Moanlower wrote:I'm also curious to how much the team lost in development because of the buyout?

I think you're wrong there - he said he only had one option...STR have confirmed the same.
Later on I also read about STR and Button staying home or race for Brawn. I guess these must be rumours then?

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5447.shtml

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/11608/900/

http://www.f1way.com/news/2009/March/9/ ... -spokesman

etc.. :)

Here's another thing I read which is promising!

Monday test pace was genuine.
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 1834.shtml
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

axle
axle

Ahh - I don't think those options were specifically IN F1...
- Axle

hulmerist

this season more than ever has gotta be worth having a few punts on the drivers championship surely?

button 66/1
heidfeld 25/1

might put a fiver each on them, heidfeld and bmw both look impressive

Callum

what betting company is that from?

hulmerist

Callum

Thanks hulmerist, poor Nakajima, haha:D