BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
BorisTheBlade

Re: BrawnGP

Brawn announced their final livery to be revealed come Melbourne. they also stated that they had sponsors and that many will be "shocked" to see, which companies these are. They said that it was a major brand. It is rumored that the corporate colours are red and blue. They also stated that they got that sponsorship through only demanding a low wage in the first year with an option to continue it with more in-line wages. So don't justice before you see the final livery.
BTW The guess of the majority was Pepsi. But let's wait and see.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Sometimes I allow my cynicism to overpower my opinions. In the case of the Brawn car, it is obvious they have very respectable pace. Too often I have seen things like the Prost incident, and place very little stock on pre-season testing. But considering the fact the Brawn car is running very respectable times indicates that they did not run the car illegally just to gain positive press.
I can only wish them the best, and who knows, they could produce some major upsets and excitement.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

RH1300S
RH1300S

BorisTheBlade wrote:They said that it was a major brand. It is rumored that the corporate colours are red and blue.
Red Bull??? :lol:

Keir

The rumour I heard was that it was bWin

wesley123
wesley123

Keir wrote:The rumour I heard was that it was bWin

heard the same yes, and by the current colourscheme i wouldnt be surprised(same colours lol)
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

vall
vall

BorisTheBlade wrote:Brawn announced their final livery to be revealed come Melbourne. they also stated that they had sponsors and that many will be "shocked" to see, which companies these are. They said that it was a major brand. It is rumored that the corporate colours are red and blue. They also stated that they got that sponsorship through only demanding a low wage in the first year with an option to continue it with more in-line wages. So don't justice before you see the final livery. BTW The guess of the majority was Pepsi. But let's wait and see.
where did you read that?

vall
vall

Just a joke :D Could it be:

or

Malaysia sponsors BMW.... wny not USA or the UK :D

BorisTheBlade

vall wrote:
BorisTheBlade wrote:Brawn announced their final livery to be revealed come Melbourne. they also stated that they had sponsors and that many will be "shocked" to see, which companies these are. They said that it was a major brand. It is rumored that the corporate colours are red and blue. They also stated that they got that sponsorship through only demanding a low wage in the first year with an option to continue it with more in-line wages. So don't justice before you see the final livery. BTW The guess of the majority was Pepsi. But let's wait and see.
where did you read that?
The Announcement and the comment of the "shocking" sponsor was made by the team themselves - but ATM I'm a bit too lazy to search for it. Must have been around the time they made the shake-off. About the blue-red livery: That was someone at the Autosport-Forum quoting someone else from a Honda-Fan-Forum. That guy was supposed to be an insider - but of course didn't prove it. But most of his predictions turned true. That's also why I wrote that that was "rumored". And that arised before the bwin rumor.

/edit: Erm, maybe my memory got messed up a bit ;)
I found the "mystic" source. Just judge by yourselves:
http://forums.autosport.com/showthread. ... ost3498745

andartop
andartop

vall wrote:Just a joke :D Could it be:

or

Malaysia sponsors BMW.... wny not USA or the UK :D
Or could it be sth like: www.redandblue.be/
Maybe Max was the middle man in the negotiations..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

donskar
donskar

BorisTheBlade wrote:Brawn announced their final livery to be revealed come Melbourne. they also stated that they had sponsors and that many will be "shocked" to see, which companies these are. They said that it was a major brand. It is rumored that the corporate colours are red and blue. They also stated that they got that sponsorship through only demanding a low wage in the first year with an option to continue it with more in-line wages. So don't justice before you see the final livery.
BTW The guess of the majority was Pepsi. But let's wait and see.
In support of this rumor, Pepsi and its ad agency are in the midst of an enormous "re-branding" campaign -- new logo, new slogan, new look to their promotional stuff, packaging, in-store displays, etc. Educated guess, from a similar project I did eons ago: just the research and then redesign of the elements will cost Pepsi low 7 figures (USD). Implementing and rolling out the new look to all the cans and bottles, ads, signage, stationery, etc, etc will run low 8 figures (USD). Throwing a few hundred thousand USD to Brawn would be a pittance.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Carlos
Carlos

I know it's OT but I can't resist... They could capitalize on their old advertising tag line from the seventies. "The Pepsi Challenge". Maybe call it "The Pepsi Gran Prix Challenge"

marcosp
marcosp

There's a great interview with Barrichello on youtube (in portuguese), a sports show called sportv linha de chegada, I won't translate everything but here are some interesting facts:
1)The car started being developed in May 2008, and according to Rubens the aerodynamicists found very good solutions for the new rules quite early. He was glad the car was unveiled so late "so the other teams couldn't copy it".
2)The car is 20% more rigid than last year's version and when they were adapting the mercedes engine to the gearbox there was a 8 mm difference that caused some concern (he said they didnt want to lose chassis rigidity).
3)The new car was developed by the same people but under close supervision by Ross Brawn, he gave an example of aerodynamicists contacting Brawn and asking whether a certain change worth a few aero points was valid and then he would approve it or not).
4)With the honda engine he suffered with understeer at turn exits (he said he'd accelerate and the car would still understeer whereas with the mercedes engine he can correct the understeer with the engine), I don't know if this is useful to anyone, but I'll translate whatever I think is interesting...
5)He said ferrari didnt do quali simulations (he said even when he was there they didnt do it to avoid showing all they had), so the best way to compare all cars was race simulations. As the cars carry 90Kg of gas at most with 0.3 to 0.4 sec per 10Kg per lap time difference it's very easy for a bad car to show good results. Then he said brawn couldn't afford to waste time showing off because they needed the mileage, so the times we saw in barcelona and jerez were for real.
In his opinion Toyota, Williams, Ferrari are probably the fastest (he said toyota didnt show all their game, bmw were running light,renault could be a little behind, williams with rosberg seemed fast, mclaren seemed to have problems, even driving behind their car he could sense it).
6)When he was doing this evaluation he said "we never know" :D but he said that mclaren problems were obvious and they'd have problems for the whole 1st half of the season. He said that in the beginning they were strong and then all other teams improved and they didn't.
7)About KERS, he said there's a rumor that renault only improved after they removed it and re-balanced the car. He said that depending on the results and sponsor money they could get in the first races they could consider using kers (since mercedes already has one). He said something that was already pointed out by someone on the forum that every car weighs 605Kg (665Kg with gas at starting line, approximately), so with or without kers all cars weigh the same. He said that when he worked at ferrari (meaning 3 or 4 years ago, not because of the team) weight distribution would take an hour, disassembling the car and moving parts around, but nowadays it takes 5 minutes. He said you can change around 2% of the weight forwards or rearwards, which completely changes the car's behavior.
8)He said the moving front wing will definitely improve overtaking, with 6 degrees of range and 2 presets on the steering wheel he can change for instance from -1.5 degrees to +3 degrees and then to 0 degree if he presses the button again. Kinda confusing but he said if you press the button again during the lap the wing will go to 0 degree (and not return to -1.5 degrees).
9)The reporter asked him if they were bluffing, Rubens said he'd be very ashamed to put on this kind of show and then going to Australia and starting from 10th position. He said he even checked how much fuel was loaded himself when he first raced the car and was so surprised by the speed.
10) He said this year he's very happy to be in a position to do something he couldn't when he was in ferrari or when honda had a slow car, which is to race to win, so he'll be "knife in mouth". This is the first time he said he doesnt have to follow team orders like in Ferrari, so he'll do himself some justice... let's see.
11)His salary and Button's was lowered for this year, his is at least 5 times lower. But he said that they have a bonus system that might give him what he used to earn. I think this at least shows how much the guy loves the sport...

I'm sorry if this was too long and maybe nothing new, but it's great to hear it from the pilot himself on a tv show that's relaxed and friendly where he seems to be speaking his mind.

http://www.youtube.com/user/F1Sportv

KJM3
KJM3

That was really interesting! Thanks for that!

- KJ

Roland Ehnström

Yeah, thanks! =D>

Carbon
Carbon

Thanks Marcosp, that was good reading. Very interesting.