2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lio007

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Simply lovely:

godlameroso

No rain on race weekend, it's not even going to be particularly windy. Bummer.
Saishū kōnā

Sieper

Wind is bad for redbull, always has been.

darkpino
darkpino

Huh? Guys, race weekend is a week away

Wouter

RBR recently informed the FIA of their concerns about the Mercedes front wing. This one moves too much and they have sent pictures of it. However, the FIA has still not responded.

Interview with Helmut Marko (also a video, 1 hour in German)

https://www.sport1.de/motorsport/formel ... d-mercedes

Translated from German:

"We have our concerns and our footage showing how this (Mercedes) front wing turns.
Now we are waiting for a response from the FIA. We are awaiting clarification," said Marko.

"If something comes from Mercedes, they react very quickly. The rear wing, the engine, the tire pressure - everything has already been questioned. All of these inquiries come from Mercedes or from a team that has a Mercedes engine."

However, these change questions have not reduced the speed at Red Bull, says Marko. "We give the answer on the track.
Off the track, it's part of the fight to exhaust the technical regulations or to restrict them by the FIA."
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Max Verstappen speaks at length to Sky Sports' Craig Slater ahead of the British Grand Prix and tells him the title race is far from over despite his 32 point lead.

Video and article:
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12475 ... rint-debut
Horner: Red Bull not taking lead for granted

Video :
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... or-granted
The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

If red bull turns out to still remain faster even after all the curveballs thrown in this week then I'm almost 100% sure they won't be caught and WDC is more or less confirmed (bar any obvious misfortune or unforeseen circumstances). WCC could still hang in the air for a long time unless perez get's his stuff together soon.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

They were a second slower then the Mercs last year in quali. Would be some turn around

Sieper

Is it weird that I am a bit ticked off but that “dominant car” talk now that Max won a few races? When have Max and checo qualified P1 and P2 by a second on any non redbull car? Never. In fact, it was mostly just Max followed by 2 mercedesses so far. Last season we had several time Merc on 1 and 2, sometimes even by over a second.

I hope they can indeed turn also this deficit around.
Last edited by Sieper on 14 Jul 2021, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 22:12
They were a second slower then the Mercs last year in quali. Would be some turn around
Err, they won almost both races last year, so that difference in Q3 was almost irrelevant.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wouter wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 20:21
Max Verstappen speaks at length to Sky Sports' Craig Slater ahead of the British Grand Prix and tells him the title race is far from over despite his 32 point lead.

Video and article:
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12475 ... rint-debut
Horner: Red Bull not taking lead for granted

Video :
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... or-granted
Very sensible and no great surprise. They'd be foolish to think either title is theirs so early in the season. They'll be sitting their in a quiet moment thinking "crikey it's looking goooooooood! but they won't say it in public.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wouter

https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/ ... eiter.html

Max Verstappen: This is how it continues against Mercedes

Von Mathias Brunner 14.07.2021 - 08:28
Formula 1 is attempting a sprint qualifying, a short race over just 17 laps, at Silverstone. The whole course of the weekend is different.
World Cup leader Max Verstappen thinks that is exciting:

“We got off to a really good start this season and I'm very grateful for that. But now we have to keep our foot on the accelerator. We don't have to think about the results that are behind us, but about the races that are coming. "

«I am assuming that it will remain a close race at the top. Well, we were stronger in Austria and we were able to win in France because we did everything right tactically. But the Le Castellet race in particular showed that it could have turned out differently. There are stretches on which I classify Mercedes as stronger.
However, I have all the trust in the world in my team - all the ingredients are there to maintain the top. »

Let's talk about the new format. The 15-time GP winner Max continues: “I am basically open to everything and I find the sprint format tempting. I like the fact that we are already going into qualifying after just one free practice session. Will the new format be a success? Wait and see. This one weekend won't decide the title fight anyway. "

What the world championship leader is pleased about: “Being able to drive in front of spectators again is fabulous, but to have full grandstands at Silverstone in particular is something special. The British love motorsport, the fans make this circuit an incomparable place. We held two races here in 2020 with no spectators, and everyone felt the strange atmosphere that created. Of course, the track itself is still fabulous, but the passion of the audience is the icing on the cake. »
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

A long German interview with Helmut Marko. A little translated quote from that:

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... -geschuert

Question: "Mercedes has announced a final update for Silverstone. What will be the last part that will be screwed onto the RB16B when, if you stick to your current timetable?"
Marko: "We have our exact schedule. Only: Silverstone is special. Normally you have three practice sessions in order to set up the car optimally for qualifying and the race. At Silverstone we have a single practice session, then we go straight to qualifying."

In other words: Parc ferme regulations apply from that point onwards. That means that the set-up has to fit in this one hour, otherwise the whole weekend may be gone. That is why we will not change anything serious about the car at Silverstone, we will try to to optimally coordinate what we have. "

Question: "You elegantly avoided my question. It was: When are you planning the last update?"
Marko: "I don't want to be too specific. First of all, the updates have to work. Verstappen didn't drive the new front wing in the first race at the Red Bull Ring at the Styrian Grand Prix. He only used it in the second , along with the sub-floor. "

"Just for your information: This wing was removed by the FIA ​​in accordance with the existing flexibility regulations. So: In the course of development, it will become clear how the updates will continue.
But, as Christian Horner said, this can sometimes go up to the last race ."
The Power of Dreams!

Dee
Dee

Wouter wrote:
14 Jul 2021, 11:34

Question: "Mercedes has announced a final update for Silverstone. What will be the last part that will be screwed onto the RB16B when, if you stick to your current timetable?"
Marko: "We have our exact schedule. Only: Silverstone is special. Normally you have three practice sessions in order to set up the car optimally for qualifying and the race. At Silverstone we have a single practice session, then we go straight to qualifying."

In other words: Parc ferme regulations apply from that point onwards. That means that the set-up has to fit in this one hour, otherwise the whole weekend may be gone. That is why we will not change anything serious about the car at Silverstone, we will try to to optimally coordinate what we have. "

Question: "You elegantly avoided my question. It was: When are you planning the last update?"
Marko: "I don't want to be too specific. First of all, the updates have to work. Verstappen didn't drive the new front wing in the first race at the Red Bull Ring at the Styrian Grand Prix. He only used it in the second , along with the sub-floor. "

"Just for your information: This wing was removed by the FIA ​​in accordance with the existing flexibility regulations. So: In the course of development, it will become clear how the updates will continue.
"Verstappen didn't drive the new front wing in the first race at the Red Bull Ring at the Styrian Grand Prix. He only used it in the second , along with the sub-floor. " "Just for your information: This wing was removed by the FIA ​​in accordance with the existing flexibility regulations. So: In the course of development, it will become clear how the updates will continue"

I don't understand this paragraph. Was the wing in the 2nd race as flexible as Mercedes and if the FIA clamp down on it, then they will have to revert to the old spec?

Wouter

Dee wrote:
14 Jul 2021, 12:46
Wouter wrote:
14 Jul 2021, 11:34

"Verstappen didn't drive the new front wing in the first race at the Red Bull Ring at the Styrian Grand Prix. He only used it in the second , along with the sub-floor. " "Just for your information: This wing was removed by the FIA ​​in accordance with the existing flexibility regulations. So: In the course of development, it will become clear how the updates will continue"

I don't understand this paragraph. Was the wing in the 2nd race as flexible as Mercedes and if the FIA clamp down on it, then they will have to revert to the old spec?
I don't quite understand what you mean. The RB wing was not allowed to be used during the first race, but was allowed to be used after an adjustment in the second race. The wing has been approved, so can be used from now on.
The Power of Dreams!