2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ispano6 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:14

Or for Mercedes fans to come to this thread and brush it off and say Max will be fine. Concussions can have delayed and lasting affects with internal bruising and hemoragging.
I think everyone has said that they hope he's ok. No one is brushing off the impact as being trivial as it was obviously a huge impact.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

nzjrs

dans79 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:19
SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:17
Alonso was out due to broken ribs if I’m not wrong… Really hoping that Max is fine and nothing serious out of the incident
Dennis said concussion, but its very had to find the full details of the medical condition.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/ ... sion-crash
Correct, the broken ribs was from the barrel roll crash at Australia. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alon ... 14/683214/

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

dans79 wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:17
Alonso was out due to broken ribs if I’m not wrong… Really hoping that Max is fine and nothing serious out of the incident
Dennis said concussion, but its very hard to find the full details of his medical condition.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/ ... sion-crash
I thought you meant the Australian incident in 2016… My mistake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El Scorchio

DChemTech wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:16
El Scorchio wrote:
DChemTech wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:13

I am referring to your pre-emptive judgement that max would be the voice of reason; that seems like a bit of a sarcastic critique on his anticipated response.
No not at all. I just think he will have quite a straight talking judgement on it. I could be wrong but we will see.
Alright, thanks for the clarification. Perhaps i was a bit quick to judge in light of the general tone of the discussion today.
Please don’t worry. You would be perfectly justified- it’s been a bloodbath on here today sadly and everyone’s teeth are on edge. Likewise I really didn’t mean to cause offence on this thread.

ispano6

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:20
ispano6 wrote:

Or for Mercedes fans to come to this thread and brush it off and say Max will be fine. Concussions can have delayed and lasting affects with internal bruising and hemoragging.
I think everyone has said that they hope he's ok. No one is brushing off the impact as being trivial as it was obviously a huge impact.
At least one Mercedes fan here has, so it's not no one.

turbof1

Posts about the race have to go the race thread, not in the teams thread.
Race thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29890

Posts not conforming to the team thread and/or forum policy will receive a warning.
#AeroFrodo

turbof1

Thanks @Diesel and @Just_A_Fan for noticing wrong race thread was linked to. Updated.
#AeroFrodo

adrianjordan

dans79 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:56
I looked it up, Alonso set out the first race of 2015 because of a concussion he suffered in preseason testing.
If memory serves correctly, he was still feeling dizzy and nauseous as a result of the concussion.

Max could be absolutely fine tomorrow, he could be out for several races. Those are the 2 extremes and I'm sure it will be somewhere in between.

Obviously I hope it is closer to being fine tomorrow.

Hindsight is wonderful and if Max had just run wide, I'm sure Lewis would have got a penalty (given how the stewards are lately) and Max would have won the race.

Here's hoping for some good news.

Knowing what I know from my day job, I'm not surprised Max has gone to hospital for a scan and I wouldn't take that as anything too concerning.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Ryar

SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:48
Good that Max called it out. We are getting to see the real face of the man masquerading as a Saint by winning easy championships. It would definitely be a man of lesser character to be celebrating a win that came by taking out the only competitor that was there and the one that would have surely won.
Hakuna Matata!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

SmallSoldier wrote:
I'm going to bet that Max didn't write that. That's got the team / Horner all over it.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Pany
Pany

Is gonna be hard from now on. Verstappen will fight and recover, the team will do the same. Now, with a stronger ferrari and ricciardo, the problem is perez. Will be capable to drive at least at bottas level level?

McMika98
McMika98

Pany wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 20:09
Is gonna be hard from now on. Verstappen will fight and recover, the team will do the same. Now, with a stronger ferrari and ricciardo, the problem is perez. Will be capable to drive at least at bottas level level?
Good point. That's the worry, Max will carry the scars from this incident, hopefully I'm wrong. The ferrari resurgence is worrying but they are up and down, I suspect the high temps helped them a lot.
Perez isn't the problem, all the eggs are in one basket, thats the issue. The strategy for Perez made zero sense, that's what they did to Albon all of last year. At least the car is comfortably the quickest out there in race.

nzjrs

Radio from the crash

turbof1

Ryar wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 20:00
SmallSoldier wrote:
Good that Max called it out. We are getting to see the real face of the man masquerading as a Saint by winning easy championships. It would definitely be a man of lesser character to be celebrating a win that came by taking out the only competitor that was there and the one that would have surely won.
I was thinking about removing this post as it edges on being too harsh. Instead, I will answer it.
As far as I go, it was a minor incident but with large consequences. Hamilton and Verstappen barely touched, but it was unfortunately in a high speed corner. Hamilton could have taken a bit more of the inside space to avoid contact, but we have seen this kind of touching before. Accidents happen unfortunately.

Now, Max was on camera standing, conscious, able to walk and talk. He entered the medical vehicle on his own. Surelyt would have been kept at ease seeing that. Would a more humble way of celebrating suited the situation more? Of course. Is it a big deal Hamilton did not? No. Verstappen got a big hit and is a bit scrambled, but apart from being a bit sore I will walk away unharmed most likely.

So please, everybody, on both sides of the fence: stop dramatizing, stop using harsh language.
#AeroFrodo