2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

The radio message is standard driver tactics. They all do it as they know the stewards etc. are listening.

As for people suggesting that Mercedes deliberately used Bottas in turn 1? Well, that's just ridiculous. But it doesn't stop them saying it.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ispano6

El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:50
I wish Horner would stop going on about the cost cap. It wasn’t a problem when other cars were getting damaged. They have been really unlucky in the last couple of races but they signed up to the same rules as everyone else.
How convenient for Mercedes to cause millions in damage to Red Bull, where as Mercedes have been doing it to themselves.

Big Tea

proteus wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:53
Spacepace wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:47
cplchanb wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:40

Unless you're a registered psychologist please refrain from making this baseless claims that only fuel the social media frenzy. These type of unfounded and toxic comments are what is destroying society these days
Wasn't meant to be toxic and reading what I said still doesn't read as much. It was an assumption from his body language and the look in his eyes. He looked emotional and I've seen him like that before ala Korea '11.

I didn't make these comments to slander anyone by the way and I don't think what I'm saying is destroying society, get real!
To me it looks more like a exhaustion of pushing your car to the max for full 70 laps and a realization of losing a certain victory, against 1-2 second per lap slower cars.. That is what happened to him in my opinion....not the boos and racial attacks as you stated.
From the time he was behind Alonso he was probably fuelled by adrenalin. When the hit dies back it leaves you knackered
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

kenshi_blind

JordanMugen wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:51
Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:49
Mattchu wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:44

100%, not sure why others even give them the time of day!
Sadly the mods seem to allow them to carry on doing it. The thread is 50% Max fans insulting Hamilton, Bottas and Mercedes.
Why shouldn't Bottas be insulted? Bottas made a dumb mistake.

Hamilton's inexplicable complaining about a fair and legal defence by Alonso deserves to be insulted, as it sounds ridiculous.
They deserve to be insuted ?really ? WTF is wrong with some of you ? what the hell are the mods doing ?

Spacepace

proteus wrote:
Spacepace wrote:
cplchanb wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:40

Unless you're a registered psychologist please refrain from making this baseless claims that only fuel the social media frenzy. These type of unfounded and toxic comments are what is destroying society these days
Wasn't meant to be toxic and reading what I said still doesn't read as much. It was an assumption from his body language and the look in his eyes. He looked emotional and I've seen him like that before ala Korea '11.

I didn't make these comments to slander anyone by the way and I don't think what I'm saying is destroying society, get real!
To me it looks more like a exhaustion of pushing your car to the max for full 70 laps and a realization of losing a certain victory, against 1-2 second per lap slower cars.. That is what happened to him in my opinion....not the boos and racial attacks as you stated.
I never said it was racial in nature. Read it again. If that's how everyone is reading it they're skimming through

proteus

Big Tea wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:55
proteus wrote:
Spacepace wrote:

From the time he was behind Alonso he was probably fuelled by adrenalin. When the hit dies back it leaves you knackered
Not to mention the humidity in the air. They all probably felt like they were driving in the jungle.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

El Scorchio

ispano6 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:55
El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:50
I wish Horner would stop going on about the cost cap. It wasn’t a problem when other cars were getting damaged. They have been really unlucky in the last couple of races but they signed up to the same rules as everyone else.
How convenient for Mercedes to cause millions in damage to Red Bull, where as Mercedes have been doing it to themselves.
Stop it with the ridiculous conspiracy theory stuff.

politburo
politburo

JordanMugen wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:48
politburo wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:46
godlameroso wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:41

How? Vettel crashed on his own, here Mercedes is doing the crashing.
In the championship I meant, when Vettel crashed the championship turned and it went in Hamilton's control.
Yes, but that was Vettel ruining his own championship. Here it is Pirelli tyre failure, incident for which Hamilton was penalised, and an incident caused by Bottas.

It's not skill from Hamilton and not Verstappen falling apart.
Yes but the way things are going, now Mercedes' package has that 2 or 3 tenths RB had in the earlier part of the season, we are going into Spa and Monza two tracks were straight-line speed and inherent high-speed grip are king and Merc have shown they have both. Furthermore, Perez risks qualifying 4th or lower every weekend because he doesn't have great 1 lap pace and that may compromise Verstappen's championship run if his rear-gunner is not always there with him at the front to fight the other contender.
Last edited by politburo on 01 Aug 2021, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

NathanOlder

politburo wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:45
godlameroso wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:43

A point is a point, and Verstappen is no quitter. While not a reason to celebrate, it is motivation to come back stronger. Be careful what you wish for, the best celebration is the one at the end of the season.
Best point he’s ever gained I think. Really great drive under the circumstances. Could be crucial at the end of the season
Also Gasly taking that fastest lap point was immense. Again, how did Tsunoda fall more than a pitstop back to Gasly?. Tsunoda must use this summer break to reign in back in and be that same aggressive driver we saw in F2, otherwise he might not last in that team.
Yeah I was trying to understand that, they let Gasly through, then it seemed like 10 minutes later, Gasly pit and stayed in front. What was the yellow flag for in the race ? Maybe Tsunoda had a moment that created the gap. ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Ryar

Two second places for Seb this season. What a turn around for him. So good to see him getting good results. :)
Hakuna Matata!

theblackangus
theblackangus

renault rs26 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:45
https://i.imgur.com/6fpMR2O.png

This guy managed to lose this race. :lol:
That must be one heck of a safety car.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Bottas owning his mistake and the penalty.
Valtteri Bottas, speaking to Sky Sports, about the opening-lap incident: "I think that's fair enough [to get the blame]. I had a bad start and I lost the momentum.

"I misjudged the braking point and locked the wheels. I was responsible in the end for hitting Lando and that meant he cut people off in front of him."

"It's not great for me and not great others. It's not like I did it on purpose."
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Big Tea

godlameroso wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:59
ispano6 wrote:
proteus wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:44

This...this is the problem of modern society and why we are sinking down....Every critisism, booing and overall dislike is now racially connected... Just wow...
It's to be expected, he's on the team that deserved the boos. And these Ham fans demand respect, as if they have the moral high ground.
They are very moral with their actions, they don't do anything petty or political at all. One wonders if all their development money is going into buying influence and doing shady albeit ineffective things on the side.
Like getting an AM or Mclaren to that the fastest lap point? :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:34
Tvetovnato wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:31
The Alonso battle was epic, and shows the old master still has it!
It shows that you can race hard and fair (the rub in to T4 was perhaps borderline). Masterclass of defending and a masterclass in trying different things to get by. Great driving from both of them. The young guns should pay attention to the old men to see how it should be done. =D>
Agree. Borderline legal defending. Exactly how it should be!

max_speed
max_speed

godlameroso wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:54
politburo wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:46
godlameroso wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:41

How? Vettel crashed on his own, here Mercedes is doing the crashing.
In the championship I meant, when Vettel crashed the championship turned and it went in Hamilton's control.
Right but it wasn't just one Vettel self own, it was several self owns. Canada, Germany, then finally Singapore. Verstappen doesn't self own like that. He gets taken out through no fault of his own. So if he keeps it clean, I doubt he'll just self own like Vettel and the way he collapses under pressure.

The car he was driving was probably missing 1/3 of its downforce, and the balance must have been horrendous and he still had pace, he never quit racing.

Plus if Verstappen was one DNF from turning the championship on its head, so is Hamilton; what goes around comes around, and it comes back with interest.
Well said sir. I have faith in universe that payback will happen with compounded interest in this season only. Mercs have gone dirty but it will bite back soon.