2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
El Scorchio

Re: 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

ispano6 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:12
El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:58
ispano6 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:55

How convenient for Mercedes to cause millions in damage to Red Bull, where as Mercedes have been doing it to themselves.
Stop it with the ridiculous conspiracy theory stuff.
Congratulations, you've made it to my ignore list. BTW, my comment is 100% fact, you just don't see it. You can ignore me.
If you really think you’re speaking facts, and cannot see past that opinion, then you are going to end up talking to yourself before too long.

politburo
politburo

Shrieker wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:03
proteus wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:39
Shrieker wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:32

Nice trolling.

He went over to Hamilton's side at turn 4 to squeeze him and they rubbed wheels.

If you don't know, that corner is a left hander, and he went right to run Hamilton out of road. If not for Hamilton's vigilance, his race would've ended there. Both illegal and dirty from Alonso.
The atacking driver needs to think about a move he is making. You cant stick your nose where you decide you want to and expect that driver infront will look at you at the mirror while going full speed into a corner. We saw what happened at the last race. Next time he should be less on the radio and think more about how to come trough...Overall he had more than a second per lap faster car.
He put his front left wheel alongside Alonso's rear right. Alonso decided to move over to him to run him out of road, not the other way round - which caused contact.

Not hard to grasp really.
Racing incident.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Redragon

Shrieker wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:11
Redragon wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:06

If alonso move was illegal, hamilton move last week was illegal.
If you're talking about the British GP, there's a thread for that. If facts are your thing, there's also an analysis thread. As for comparing the two instances, apples and oranges.

Today was a great racing with plenty of space and not touching.
Alonso didn't mind about crashing at all, that's why his defence worked. If he was running for the title, that was not how he would've defended.
Lucky for Hamilton that Alonso did a mistake otherwise would have been out of the podium.
You mean Lewis pushed him into a mistake, after piling relentless pressure on him, lap after lap after lap.

Alonso didn't mind about crashing at all, that's why his defence worked. If he was running for the title, that was not how he would've defended.
Yes because points for the team doesn't matter and destroying a car is cheap.
Man, yourself is making your arguments pointless.

Maybe Hamilton force Alonso mistake, but it is still Alonso doing. So lucky for Hamilton otherwise would have been 4th max.

Yes I know about British incident and thread. Today was cleaner racing with more space. Because it didn't go your way it is not going to change the outcome events. It was great racing on my view and I enjoyed.
Last edited by Redragon on 01 Aug 2021, 18:17, edited 2 times in total.

Ryar

El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:14
ispano6 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:12
El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:58

Stop it with the ridiculous conspiracy theory stuff.
Congratulations, you've made it to my ignore list. BTW, my comment is 100% fact, you just don't see it. You can ignore me.
If you really think you’re speaking facts, and cannot see past that opinion, then you are going to end up talking to yourself before too long.
Is it not a fact that Mercedes, by design or not, have caused millions in damage now to Red Bull. Needless to say, they have their own damages of own doing? You are saying it's a lie?
Hakuna Matata!

geogate wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:09
Lewis on the grid for the restart was one of the funniest things ive ever seen. Damn i wish they could use the radio on the start line
Craziest restart ever

He maybe disliked on this forum but the guy is always in the thick of it, he’s absolutely box-office.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Sieper

Shrieker

politburo wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:16
Racing incident.
A racing incident happens through a car's natural tendency to move due to physics. Not when you intentionally turn the wheel right to crowd another driver who is alongside, out of road, when you should be turning it left to negotiate a left hand turn.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

politburo
politburo

At some point I really thought Sainz could win the race, but he struggled hard on the C4. But Ferrari have truly come a long way since the perils of last season. Only 3 points off 3rd in the constructor's.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

Shrieker wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:19
politburo wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:16
Racing incident.
A racing incident happens through a car's natural tendency to move due to physics. Not when you intentionally turn the wheel right to crowd another driver who is alongside, out of road, when you should be turning it left to negotiate a left hand turn.
You don't deny that you are a Lewis fan, right?

NathanOlder

Very good point from George Russell there. If Merc. had pitted Lewis at the start, As they havebthe 1st pit box, they wouldn't have been able to release him until the last car came through, so would have ended almost last anyway.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

f1jcw
f1jcw

What is this about Ocon getting told on radio to pit on the installation lap?
That is race win removal penalty

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

It doesn't make any sense that the stewards gave Bottas only a 5 place grid penalty for making such an amateurish mistake. As Vettel mentioned, it was a Maldonado trademark move. Braking so late on a wet track is simply unacceptable at this level. The next race is in Belgium, how does this penalty represent a handicap for Bottas in a Mercedes? It is like Hamilton getting 10s in Silverstone. SPA has many opportunities to overtake with long straights. Bottas should at least get a 20 place grid penalty or a race ban. He is driving arguably the fastest car. McLaren and Red Bull should appeal this decision, because they lost too many points!

Redragon

f1jcw wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:21
No it was his call

Shrieker

politburo wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:19
At some point I really thought Sainz could win the race, but he struggled hard on the C4. But Ferrari have truly come a long way since the perils of last season. Only 3 points off 3rd in the constructor's.
Yeah, looked to be like same story from Silverstone all over again. Leclerc looked to be on par with Ham on softs, but when both switched to the hards, it was game over for Ferrari.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Shrieker

f1jcw wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:21
That interview was hilarious :lol: Someone nudged him from the left hand side, and he took a worried glance back lol :lol:
Last edited by Shrieker on 01 Aug 2021, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
-Atatürk