BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: BrawnGP

Please note the exquisite dresscode of the British multi-millioaire some posts back.
Wonder what denim that is anyway?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

shir0

Image[/url]
"Fortunately I've got a bag with dry ice in [my suit], which I put next to my balls, so at least they stay nice and cool!"- Sebastian Vettel, 2009 Malaysian GP Friday Practice.

xpensive
xpensive

Now when there is very little doubt to anyone where the instant speed of Brawn and Williams is coming from, it is interesting to ponder Ross Brwn's winter-talk about what a fast car Honda would have had.

So Flavio is correct, what appeared to be sales-talk this was actually true, Brawn knew they had found a way to step-around the diffuser-rules and as FOTA's Technical representative he felt safe to do it.

Therefore I hereby cry foul-play and declare my balaclava-wager void!

marcosp
marcosp

If the diffusors were illegal, how hard would it be for FIA to declare them so and protect the interests of its beloved ferrari and mclaren? I dont understand why fia would be so nice to teams it doesnt usually favor (cue conspiracy theory of the moment).
I particularly think the diffusor is legal, and the other teams must be kicking themselves in the back for not having thought of them that way.
Anyway there's an appeal scheduled for april 14, so let's wait and see what happens.
:D

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

F1Technical - Brawn GP announces partnership agreement with the Virgin Group

Brawn mentions that Virgin is their "second commercial agreement of the season". Which was their first? I don't recall anything, but I'm not counting the Mercedes engine supply deal though. Is that what he meant?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Duda Soares
Duda Soares

The first one was Henri Lloyd.

of Henri Lloyd website:

HENRI LLOYD ANNOUNCES NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH BRAWN GP

Brawn GP is pleased to confirm its first new commercial partnership of the 2009 Formula One season with the announcement of an agreement with British clothing manufacturer Henri Lloyd as Official Supplier of Clothing and Footwear Technology.

Henri Lloyd is widely regarded as one of the market leaders in technical sailing and lifestyle apparel, and has pioneered the development of fabrics, garment design and product development for over 45 years. The company’s extensive knowledge and experience of innovative fabric technology has been applied to Brawn GP’s team clothing
for the 2009 season to create a uniform able to adapt to the various climatic environments which the team will encounter at the seventeen races on the Grand Prix calendar.

Founded and based in Manchester, England, Henri Lloyd is extremely proud of its British heritage and delighted to be supporting the Brackley based British team, using the shared values of innovation and performance to
continue its product development ambitions in the unique environment of Formula One.

In addition to providing Brawn GP’s team and travel clothing plus the team’s official merchandise range, the Henri Lloyd brand will appear on the BGP 001 car throughout the 2009 Formula One season.

Ross Brawn, Team Principal of Brawn GP commented: “We are delighted to welcome Henri Lloyd to Formula One and to the Brawn GP team. We are particularly proud to begin our association with a company which prides itself on innovation and design and we will be working hard with Henri Lloyd to produce clothing which provides the highest levels of fabric technology for our demanding working environment. The Brawn GP team has faced a race against time to complete our preparations for the first race of the season in Melbourne and we would like to thank Henri
Lloyd for sharing our vision for the future of the team and their commitment in ensuring that the team’s identity will be so well reflected in our team clothing and merchandise this year.”

Paul Strzelecki, Joint Chief Executive of Henri Lloyd said; “We are thrilled to announce our official partnership with Brawn GP, a team that reflects our proud British heritage and development of product innovation and technology.

We are very excited about our future together and wish the team every success for the 2009 season.”

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Thanks, I forgot about that one.

It was already covered by Tomba a few days ago here at F1T. Thanks for the article though.

:arrow: F1Technical - Henri Lloyd teams up with Brawn GP
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

well, I think that was pretty definitive.....much kudos to them pulling it off.....

makes you wonder though if they could do it as well if they had stuck with the Honda....

autolover

mx_tifosi wrote:F1Technical - Brawn GP announces partnership agreement with the Virgin Group

Brawn mentions that Virgin is their "second commercial agreement of the season". Which was their first? I don't recall anything, but I'm not counting the Mercedes engine supply deal though. Is that what he meant?
But in Australia Qulifying,there is Only have "Virgin" on the racing car and helmet except Bridgestone!
Yes,we can

freedom_honda

Henri Lloyd is on the side of the engine cover.

xpensive
xpensive

A tad outside here, but does anyone know what 58 year old Richard Branson uses to dye his hair to that color?

Agerasia
Agerasia

Pfff, no one is a Virgin in these pictures. Especially those girls, probably right at the other end of the scale (I hope) :twisted:
"badically pressuring rosnerg " Ringo 05/10/2014

Duda Soares
Duda Soares

autolover wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:F1Technical - Brawn GP announces partnership agreement with the Virgin Group

But in Australia Qulifying,there is Only have "Virgin" on the racing car and helmet except Bridgestone!
I think they are like Puma and AlpineStar, they only appear at team clothing.

rjsa
rjsa

Agerasia wrote:Pfff, no one is a Virgin in these pictures. Especially those girls, probably right at the other end of the scale (I hope) :twisted:
Note how revealing 'who has arms around whose shouder'

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Im gonna say something totally left-field here, but look at Rubhinos on-board camera when he set his P2 time in the last 2 mins of Quali 3. Look at his right thum hit a button and at the same time the engine revs leap in the audio, and about a second or two later his engine revs die again... Im gonna say theres a KERS system on that car, or both Brawn cars!!!