2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
geogate
geogate

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

lando wont win every race and Max wont be second in every race. Start thinking about wdc if Max has a really, really bad sunday, otherwise for goodness sakes, just enjoy the racing

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Well done, McLaren Team! Very great job!

Well, first realized pole position from Lando, who brought it to victory without giving up the position! And I believe he was first from start to finish. Fast lap from Dan looks pathetic. Red Bull can't do otherwise. Congratulations to Lando on the third victory, and Oscar on the podium after starting from fifth position! Very cool. Lando also made me nervous with his aggressive driving, there were close to retirements at least twice.

Ben1980
Ben1980

I have no issue with the Ric fastest lap. Magnussen almost had it anyway.

Piastris race was fine, his problem was Saturday. The car was good enough for 1/2 and then 1/2.

But, no one can really complain about that race.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

chrisc90 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:01
53points needed, 6 races. 8.8points needed a race. (couple sprints too I think left) Effectively lando to win each race needed
It will never happen. Neither McLaren or Lando are a machine like the Verstappen-RB combination is, even though they have a car advantage now. So many things need to be perfect each weekend to be able to win like Lando did today, and something will happen in the coming races at some point. Verstappen will be there to pick up the spoils when it happens with their improved car. Drivers championship is open for next year, but not this.

wickedz50
wickedz50

chrisc90 wrote:
53points needed, 6 races. 8.8points needed a race. (couple sprints too I think left) Effectively lando to win each race needed
There is 6 races with 3 sprints (Austin, São Paulo and Qatar). Both drivers have to drive out of their skin and the car has to be better than the RBR in every track. Any misses anywhere is not going to help.
The Mercs and Ferraris are still behind RBR hence least expect that there are other teams who can take away points off Max. Once Charles Carlos and Oscar botched yesterday in Q3, there was nothing on earth to prevent the P2 from Max.
Still very good result and well done Lando.

Darth-Piekus

Tvetovnato wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:15
chrisc90 wrote:
It will never happen. Neither McLaren or Lando are a machine like the Verstappen-RB combination is, even though they have a car advantage now. So many things need to be perfect each weekend to be able to win like Lando did today, and something will happen in the coming races at some point. Verstappen will be there to pick up the spoils when it happens with their improved car. Drivers championship is open for next year, but not this.
Lets see how old that thought will get.

bananapeel23

Tvetovnato wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
Absolutely not impossible. I’d say it’s unlikely, but far from impossible.

They can’t afford any more Monzas, but with Ferrari seemingly having renewed pace at every track since the summer break, if they stay in the mix with Red Bull, Norris won’t have to win every race, Max just can’t be allowed to win at all.

Vegas is likely to be a problem for Red Bull, Austin as well, depending on how bunpy it is this year.

bauc

Great JOB LANDO! He did well today, the pace was phenomenal, but he also made few minor mistakes which could have cost him the victory but it is a learning curve I guess :) PIA did well to come back and claim P3, what a shame for yesterday as I believe this would have been easy 1-2, but we will try next time.

Congratulations to the team for having its first back to back GP wins since 2012..... come on Mclaren!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Darth-Piekus wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:20
Tvetovnato wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
Lets see how old that thought will get.
No one is happier than me if I’m wrong. But looking even at the past couple of races, it proves my point doesn’t it? Getting caught out by an ill timed yellow flag can ruin your whole weekend, or having a bad run at the start losing positions. With three more races, I would also believe in it, but it’s running out of time.
Last edited by Tvetovnato on 22 Sep 2024, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

bauc

Slahinki wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 15:47
Sucks that Red Bull have 4 cars they can use to take the fastest lap away from Lando.
Clear evidence that one man runs 2 teams, regardless of how much they claim to be independed from RBR, they are simply their B team, and its not a fair fight like this, they can always go for the fastest lap each race and do this..... :x

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

The efficiency of the upgrade of RB will be key in this WDC

Shader

bauc wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:30
Slahinki wrote:
Sucks that Red Bull have 4 cars they can use to take the fastest lap away from Lando.
Clear evidence that one man runs 2 teams, regardless of how much they claim to be independed from RBR, they are simply their B team, and its not a fair fight like this, they can always go for the fastest lap each race and do this..... :x
Zak Brown has been talking about this issue for a while now.... but I guess it's difficult to prove black on white with material evidence.... FIA should simply put a limitation on how many teams are allowed per one owner or major sponsor.

Nevertheless... we should be happy about today's results. Another win, another double podium... and the team needs a focus on securing that WCC, WDC was farfetched anyway... if it happens it's a bonus.
Last edited by Shader on 22 Sep 2024, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

bauc

Tvetovnato wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
What if something happens to Max? you cant look at this one sided, one DNF from MAX and if Lando picks up victory in the very same race then it is a game changer.....and vice versa so all options remain open till the end.

SilviuAgo

I feel sorry for the haters around the world. And the message is the famous one said by Valtteri ;)

8) Lando NOwins -> in Miami this stopped
8) Lando won only one race due to a SC error so no big deal -> in Zandvoort this stopped
8) Lando has only a pole in 2021 -> in 2024 this stopped
8) Lando never lead turn 1 when starting from pole -> in Monza this stopped
8) Lando never lead lap 1 when starting from pole -> in Singapore this stopped

Amazing job today from Lando, Oscar and all McLaren team. This is the path for 2024 WCC and prepare the team and the drivers for more to come. Chapeau!

Last edited by SilviuAgo on 22 Sep 2024, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.

bauc

Shader wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:32
bauc wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 16:30
Slahinki wrote:
Zak Brown has been talking about this issue for a while now.... but I guess it's difficult to prove black on white with material evidence.... FIA should simply put a limitation on how many teams are allowed per one owner or major sponsor.
Agreed, but something tells me that this is not the last race of this year that we will witness this.