Ferrari SF21

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Schippke
Schippke

Re: Ferrari SF21

Interesting that they've taken off the Mission Winnow branding, compared to the first shot shared before; Makes sense; They're able to do film the car in both its expected liveries, since they won't be able to run the Mission Winnow at all the races.

Still looks rather odd having the 'two-tone' livery... Having seen it on track now, I'm probably less convinced now than when I was seeing the car launch yesterday. :oops:

Wonder if they're any visual differences (aerodynamically speaking) compared to the launch photos; So far, looks very much he same, give or take...
Last edited by Schippke on 11 Mar 2021, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

wowgr8
wowgr8

Itching for shots of the rear at the moment. Not just for the suspension changes but to see if they've made any change to the hot air exits. They ran them very open a lot of the time last year

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Blackout wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 09:27
Dunno what Mark Hughes is talking about. The lower 2021 wishbones look conventional and similar to 2020...
Mark Hughes doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time :roll:

JordanMugen

Giando wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 10:10
And then, the latest evolution of the Catheram
https://f1tcdn.net/images/development/2 ... m-nose.jpg
Hmm, if Caterham got that passed the crash test, why do other F1 teams struggle to pass noses that are nowhere near that narrow? :?:

ringo

The nose frills look lile they generate a vortex in that area between the tub and the wings.
I think others will investigate it.
I call it "vortex nose lobes". :lol:

But liking the car so far. Doesnt look as refined as merc, redbull, and aston though..
For Sure!!

Frafer
Frafer

just hoping it's fast [-o<
"I will miss Gilles for two reasons. First, he was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. Second, he was the most genuine man I have ever known. But he has not gone. The memory of what he has done, what he achieved, will always be there." J. Scheckter

MKlaus
MKlaus

The car looks beautiful with that dual tone. Especially without Mission Winnow logo.

FWandE
FWandE

MKlaus wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 16:39
The car looks beautiful with that dual tone. Especially without Mission Winnow logo.
I don't like it.....I know that seems to put me in a minority but so what? To me, it just looks like the whole back end is wet or been dunked in oil or something like that. No attempt to fade one colour into the other.

As for the various hardware changes from the SF1000 they are interesting but don't fill me with confidence. The nose, in particular, looks a real Heath Robinson job. Of course much will depend on whether they have regained the lost horse-power from last season. If they have then it could be a challenger if not they will be stuck in midfield or worse.

Can't wait for testing to start. :D

edgelo
edgelo

Stu wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 10:00
f1rules wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:40
interesing cape
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwH0e5cXYAc ... name=small
Just what I was thinking!
I wonder...
Are they feeding the S-duct with the two smaller (outer) openings, but feeding the cape with the central openings? This is very different to the J-vane design from previous years and the two outer openings do not look to have enough capacity to ‘drive’ the cape. The ducting from them (visible just behind them) suggests that air is being ducted upwards from these.
I think this is not possible because on that area of the nosecone closed holes are forbidden, if i’m not wrong

I think the S-duct is feeded from the holes below the “a” from Karspersky. It’s interesting, because this low pressure area would force the air to go under the nose into the turning vanes zone
Last edited by edgelo on 11 Mar 2021, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

Sevach
Sevach

CLKGTR
CLKGTR

Better resolution (4000 px) (Photo: Scuderia Ferrari)

https://maxf1.net/wp-content/uploads/20 ... errari.jpg

wowgr8
wowgr8

No T-Wing?

They darkened all the important areas before putting the picture up. The area of the sidepod where the shell logo is located definitely looks more bulbous than it did last year, I guess this had to be done if they were going the Red Bull route with the crease and trying to make use of the coanda/downwash effect. The area where the "ray" is located looks collapsed into the car, eyeballing it I can't tell whether it's slimmer than last year's, I thought they did a great job last year

They and Aston have gone in different routes trying to achieve the same goal with the sloping sidepods, we'll see what solution prevails

Sevach
Sevach

wowgr8 wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 18:23
No T-Wing?

They darkened all the important areas before putting the picture up. The area of the sidepod where the shell logo is located definitely looks more bulbous than it did last year, I guess this had to be done if they were going the Red Bull route with the crease and trying to make use of the coanda/downwash effect. The area where the "ray" is located looks collapsed into the car, eyeballing it I can't tell whether it's slimmer than last year's, I thought they did a great job last year

They and Aston have gone in different routes trying to achieve the same goal with the sloping sidepods, we'll see what solution prevails
The "crease" between sidepod and engine cover is a lot more obvious now, very Red-Bull esque.
The "Ray-Ban" was previously located in an area where sidepod and top of the engine mashed together, now it's solidly on the engine, sidepod is pretty much over, the "UPS" last year was close to straight up, now it's part of the ramp.
Not sure about the "Shell", might be a little wider as you say, but the reduction behind it is worth it i think.

All that with the fact that the sidepod shoulders also got more rounded (again straight out of RBR design style).

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

I have a question: how much more cdf time has ferrari got due. 6th place last year?
Is it huge differens compared to top three teams?