Ferrari SF21

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
basti313
basti313

Re: Ferrari SF21

Sevach wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 04:14
PlatinumZealot wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 00:47
I dont know about you guys, but I'm liking how the car looks. If all works out it will be fighting for podiums, which is no mean feat this year with two solid RedBulls.
In a year where most teams are presenting cars that look very close to last season models, Ferrari succeeded in making this look a lot more advanced than what they had before.

Still, the proof needs to be on the racetrack.
Absolutely. But in my point of view very logical:
- More power, so add more small winglets. Most probably last year solution, but too draggy.
- Guide a bit more air to the floor and rear brake ducts to gain back the loss of the rule change. The nose is a bit of a Alfa solution.
- Correct the bad rear axle, maybe already with some view on 2022.
- Change packing and cooling with view on 2022.

So the big change is maybe just based on the errors from last year and prep for next year.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Blackout

Dunno what Mark Hughes is talking about. The lower 2021 wishbones look conventional and similar to 2020...

Stu

f1rules wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:40
interesing cape
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwH0e5cXYAc ... name=small
Just what I was thinking!
I wonder...
Are they feeding the S-duct with the two smaller (outer) openings, but feeding the cape with the central openings? This is very different to the J-vane design from previous years and the two outer openings do not look to have enough capacity to ‘drive’ the cape. The ducting from them (visible just behind them) suggests that air is being ducted upwards from these.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 03:55
Can we call this nose the "Viper" nose?

Pretty please?
Yes, I like that. =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Giando

The relatively new nose cone reminded me two things seen in the past, although i know the similarity are purely aesthetics and not technical in terms of concept and airflow impact.

At first, the 'duck' nose of the Ferrari 639/640 and its 'divergent' shape

And then, the latest evolution of the Catheram

Stu

I know that they are only studio shots, but I’m fairly certain that the rake has been reduced compared to last year, it will be interesting to see if it has been and whether they have extended the wheel-base as well. A lot of interesting details on this launch!!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

bucker
bucker

cplchanb wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:55
How can they not use any tokens for the nose??? It's been modified quite heavily similar to alfa Romeo.
Tokens are for non aero surfaces.

Giando

bucker wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 10:16
cplchanb wrote:
How can they not use any tokens for the nose??? It's been modified quite heavily similar to alfa Romeo.
So, the actual crashbox hadn't been modified at all and there's bodywork around it, which is what we see from the outside, right? sort of a double layer

jjn9128

Giando wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 10:22
bucker wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 10:16
cplchanb wrote:
So, the actual crashbox hadn't been modified at all and there's bodywork around it, which is what we see from the outside, right? sort of a double layer
Correct.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

On track for the first time
Via @ASJesusBalseiro
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

zioture
zioture

Video comparison by Salvatore Asero #SF21 newsf1.it

wowgr8
wowgr8

Morteza wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 12:22
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwLjkXnWgAQ ... name=large
Via @ASJesusBalseiro
Considering everyone's at Bahrain how is it that there aren't more pictures of the car? Just one. Or is it that when Ferrari rent the track for the filming day the other teams and all other personnel have to clear out for that time period?

Morteza

wowgr8 wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 13:03
Morteza wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 12:22
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwLjkXnWgAQ ... name=large
Via @ASJesusBalseiro
Considering everyone's at Bahrain how is it that there aren't more pictures of the car? Just one. Or is it that when Ferrari rent the track for the filming day the other teams and all other personnel have to clear out for that time period?
I found this

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.