Wow, mods are one sided

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
vorticism

Re: Wow, mods are one sided

The idea that he frames challenging him as "sabotaging the forum" is ridiculous.
𓄀

AeroDynamic

Sounds like the moderators are doing their duty. The same people are always obsessing about the same drivers. It used to be very unevenly distributed warnings on this issue and now there is some balance, both sides are complaining, that probably means things are balanced. This is a technical forum, it’s centred around the cars and the races.

People taking opportunities to provide opinions and commentaries on drivers are in the wrong place.

Those doing it deliberately to instigate reactions, should expect to be held accountable for that.

hollus

Just for the record, there is quite some selective quoting and missing context going on above.

Also, it is probably good that there is an outlet for complaining, but please, remain respectful.

And also for the record, I think copying a PM in public is very bad style. And "we" don't do it.
Rivals, not enemies.

vorticism

Do feel free to add context, hollus. Your justifications for sniping from the shadows and PMing users that they are saboteurs (lol) for interacting with you would be interesting to hear.

AeroDynamic wrote:
07 May 2023, 19:44
Sounds like the moderators are doing their duty.
Most of them are, however the past few posts are about one mod specifically, who refers to themselves as "we" and claims discourse about him is sabotaging all of us collectively. I'd have started a new thread with a better title, but the mod in question would have probably locked it. Surprise this one isn't locked.
𓄀

hollus

No, Vorticism. We, as a forum rule, do not share private communication, info on warnings, etc. You might want to consider the difference between a PM, meant to provide feedback, and an official warning straight ahead. Apparently the PMs are not appreciated. C'est la vie. "We" is the mod team, of course.
Rivals, not enemies.

maxxer
maxxer

Wow i always just click on Unread posts when i get here and suddenly this one was on top , not even bothered to read the whole thread. Mods are doing their jobs keeping threads clean.
Thanks for them being here or it would look like a cheap f1 website

ValeVida46

chrisc90 wrote:
07 May 2023, 18:54
Not the first time I’ve had borderline abusive PMs from one moderator, and can’t see it being the last.
Staggering that you can call it that, at the same time as targeting an individual for something as pedantic as having a post deleted/moved/edited.

chrisc90

ValeVida46 wrote:
07 May 2023, 21:15
chrisc90 wrote:
Not the first time I’ve had borderline abusive PMs from one moderator, and can’t see it being the last.
Staggering that you can call it that, at the same time as targeting an individual for something as pedantic as having a post deleted/moved/edited.
Odd statement to make considering you are completely unaware of the content of the PM in reference.

vorticism

hollus wrote:
07 May 2023, 20:42
No, Vorticism. We, as a forum rule, do not share private communication, info on warnings, etc. You might want to consider the difference between a PM, meant to provide feedback, and an official warning straight ahead. Apparently the PMs are not appreciated. C'est la vie. "We" is the mod team, of course.
You have multiple similar complaints against you (you specifically, not the mods as a group) and your response is to place your fingers into your ears rather than take responsibility for your actions and address the claims.
𓄀

ValeVida46

chrisc90 wrote:
07 May 2023, 21:18
ValeVida46 wrote:
07 May 2023, 21:15
chrisc90 wrote:
Odd statement to make considering you are completely unaware of the content of the PM in reference.
Based on previous engagements with the moderators, being direct and forthright is par for the course.
All you're doing here is destructive denigration at the expense to the credibility of a moderator under an accusation of "borderline abuse". You made the accusation public with no reference either. So I'm hardly going out on a limb to say it's staggering you make this complaint about a post moved/deleted edited.

McG

Some mods here need taken down a peg (at least). Here's the message at the end of a warning I received for daring to bad mouth Honda.

"Kindly troll elsewhere. A reality check could help that comment."

My comment was reality so quite hilarious to have that little message at the end. I feel embarrassed for mods like that just knowing that part of their personality is getting little kicks out of miniscule amounts of control. I've offered to argue the topic with him leaving his mod status at the door. But of course that won't happen.

Questions for Steven, have you given mods a remit of zero tolerance on certain subjects? Have you given mods freedom to be arseholes when that zero tolerance is broken? It all comes from the top and will trickle down to members and over all feeling of the forum.
F1 is dead.

ValeVida46

McG wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:39
Here's the message at the end of a warning I received for daring to bad mouth Honda.

You chose the wrong Marque. If you look over at the Mercedes team thread, there's a select few posters that consistently criticise and are negative toward the team. This is then portrayed as "opinion", when clearly it is an axe grinding exercise. I do wonder what the mods think about that, I can cite at dozens of examples.
There can be no constructive discourse when there is incessant negativity, regardless of which team it's done to.

Steven
Owner

McG wrote:
31 May 2023, 22:39
Some mods here need taken down a peg (at least). Here's the message at the end of a warning I received for daring to bad mouth Honda.

My comment was reality so quite hilarious to have that little message at the end. I feel embarrassed for mods like that just knowing that part of their personality is getting little kicks out of miniscule amounts of control. I've offered to argue the topic with him leaving his mod status at the door. But of course that won't happen.

Questions for Steven, have you given mods a remit of zero tolerance on certain subjects? Have you given mods freedom to be arseholes when that zero tolerance is broken? It all comes from the top and will trickle down to members and over all feeling of the forum.
Your comments had, among other lines: "Honda has been a Mess since they joined F1 with McLaren" and "I wish Honda and Stroll nothing but the worst".

If you didn't know yet, I detest anti-fans. Support who you, accept that others support other people and most of all (especially around here), limit the fan stuff and be factual.

Honda may have been a mess at first, but their engines are winning numerous races these days.

So, for me, this "incident" is clear and needs no further ado.
ValeVida46 wrote:
31 May 2023, 23:13
If you look over at the Mercedes team thread, there's a select few posters that consistently criticise and are negative toward the team. This is then portrayed as "opinion", when clearly it is an axe grinding exercise. I do wonder what the mods think about that, I can cite at dozens of examples.
There can be no constructive discourse when there is incessant negativity, regardless of which team it's done to.
And since you were so quick to join this rant, maybe check the facts first before throwing in something completely unrelated. As displayed above, the "facts" are partial at best, and "wishing nothing but the worst" is not for this forum.

ValeVida46

Steven wrote:
31 May 2023, 23:35
And since you were so quick to join this rant, maybe check the facts first before throwing in something completely unrelated. As displayed above, the "facts" are partial at best, and "wishing nothing but the worst" is not for this forum.
As you say regarding the Honda debacle. There was a stern telling off for the original poster I'm sure.

Pertaining to the Mercedes thread, would you want dated examples of posters who continuously post negative comments, under the guise of "opinion"?
It's been ongoing since last year, and while criticism is healthy, it is not if it's constant and incessant.
If you deem that it is acceptable, then I guess that is the watermark all threads will need to be moderated to on a "technical" website.
Which I'm totally cool with btw, so long as this is applied equally as "moderation" dictates.

organic

ValeVida46 wrote:
31 May 2023, 23:57

Which I'm totally cool with btw, so long as this is applied equally as "moderation" dictates.
What makes you think things aren't applied equally already?