German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

Re: German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

It's not like you can glean much from practice times. If it's dry tommorow, I see the teams hitting 1:14's
Saishū kōnā

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

mep - sorry. :oops:

Living where I am, rain is a common occurrence. And when it rains heavily, the roof of my building leaks, so unless your roof has blown away I can't offer too much sympathy. :lol:

I take it the rain is pretty heavy and looking like sticking around?

mep

Ok andrew I don't want water coming into your house. So how about snow?
Just change your hobbies and snow can be quite some fun.

andrew
andrew

It's worse when the snow lies! Other than that, I love the snow.

Don't tell me it's snowing over with you?

andrew
andrew

godlameroso wrote:It's not like you can glean much from practice times. If it's dry tommorow, I see the teams hitting 1:14's
Agreed. Plus McLaren are often not too hot on Friday and then usually pull it out the bag in qualifying and the race.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Great job by the Mclaren guys to get Lewis back out. Also, very impressed by Lewis getting "back on it" within a few minutes on the harder priime tyres.

Anyone else think the narrow stadium section is too narrow? Its a brilliant section dont get me wrong, and overtaking would be hard through those complex of corners, it still should be wider.
More could have been done.
David Purley

WhiteBlue

Based on McLaren's decision to run the new EBD I expect higher qualifying performance from them than in Silverstone. Red Bull are also supposed to have improved their F-duct. So theoretically the cars could be very close in Q3 performance. McLaren have very little experience with the ECU program for keeping the gas flow in Q3. I guess they will not run this or if they do it will be inferior or failure prone. Red Bull paid with the spark plug failure in Vettel's car during their learning phase. So I think it will also be something to learn for all teams expect Renault.

And then you have Ferrari who are desperate to make up some of the lost ground of the last two races. Their Italian public will be in a mood to see heads roll unless they get their act together and get Alonso on the podium again.

And finally not only performance of the car and drivers carry you to the top of a wet qualifying session but good strategy, quick thinking on your feet and tons of luck. So if it is wet tomorrow the form book may not be the only thing that plays a role.

I think we are in for two good days with hopefully lots of action and on track drama. I drink to a wet and wacky qualifying session. Not that I want one, I simply feel that the way the season has gone we are heading for another one of those.

And here are my wishes for the result of the race. I keep my fingers crossed for Seb to finish first, for Michael and Nico to haul a ton of points, for Adrian to shine in the wet and for the Hulk to finally beat his bad luck. Timo I wish to lead the rookie teams at the finish line.

Alonso should finish third behind Massa and the two McLaren boys to collide starting the team mate war in the silver team. Webber I see in line for a technical failure to even out the reliability stakes at Red Bull. McLaren have been so clever and confident that it cannot happen to their drivers that luck must simply be on their side now to fulfill their destiny.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

WhiteBlue wrote:...
And then you have Ferrari who are desperate to make up some of the lost ground of the last two races. Their Italian public will be in a mood to see heads roll unless they get their act together and get Alonso on the podium again.

And here are my wishes for the result of the race. I keep my fingers crossed for Seb to finish first, for Michael and Nico to haul a ton of points, for Adrian to shine in the wet and for the Hulk to finally beat his bad luck. Timo I wish to lead the rookie teams at the finish line.

Alonso should finish third behind Massa and the two McLaren boys to collide starting the team mate war in the silver team. Webber I see in line for a technical failure to even out the reliability stakes at Red Bull. McLaren have been so clever and confident that it cannot happen to their drivers that luck must simply be on their side now to fulfill their destiny.
:lol: =D> You put on quite a show WB!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

andrew
andrew

If we agree with WhiteBlues prediction, do we wn a cash prize? Spooky if it plays out to the correct though! :o
Last edited by andrew on 24 Jul 2010, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Rosberg and Hamilton have still to have a failure this season in a race, so this is there to be taken, eaven out those teams. Webber needs a second one to eaven the Red Bulls out i aggree.

Id like to see Button to take enough points to tie with Hamilton, Vettel the same at Red Bull.

P1 = Schumacher
P2 = Massa
P3 = Sutil
P4 = Button
P5 = Buemi
P6 = Kubica
P7 = Vettel
P8 = Hulkenberg
P9 = Kovalainen
P10 = Glock

Makes things totally random for a race finish.

Id like to see a Quali session where all the top guys feel too cool for school and dont get a dry banker in, whilst the slower cars are on the track, just finishing their quick laps, the rain comes down at the hairpin, all the top guys miss Q2 and as a result have 5 of the 6 new teams cars in Q2, Yamamotto being put out.

Poleman

Hamilton had a failure in Barcelona...A rim failure is still a failure and cost him a second place DNF so Rosberg is one good candidate.Although i dont wish failures,just some good racing.

ringo

ESPImperium wrote:Rosberg and Hamilton have still to have a failure this season in a race, so this is there to be taken, eaven out those teams. Webber needs a second one to eaven the Red Bulls out i aggree.

Id like to see Button to take enough points to tie with Hamilton, Vettel the same at Red Bull.

P1 = Schumacher
P2 = Massa
P3 = Sutil
P4 = Button
P5 = Buemi
P6 = Kubica
P7 = Vettel
P8 = Hulkenberg
P9 = Kovalainen
P10 = Glock

Makes things totally random for a race finish.

Id like to see a Quali session where all the top guys feel too cool for school and dont get a dry banker in, whilst the slower cars are on the track, just finishing their quick laps, the rain comes down at the hairpin, all the top guys miss Q2 and as a result have 5 of the 6 new teams cars in Q2, Yamamotto being put out.
That's not going to happen :lol:
Once bitten twice shy. Ferrari wont do that again, they are desperate enough to have a normal weekend.
I see no sense in Button tieing up with Lewis. They're just going to separate again in the other races.
I'd like to see ferrari get back in the constructors battle. Redbull now, i feel sorry for them and want to see them ahead in the WCC in the next 2 races.
For Sure!!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

My top 4 teams as follows.

Red Bull will still be the ones to beat, and in qualifying trim at least, it wont even be close. Wether Vettel can go 100% due to his injury is somthing we will find out very soon.

Ferrari and Mclaren are next up, depending what Mclaren EBD does, they could be just behind Ferrari or(in race trim) about the same as Red Bull.
Anyone one of these four can beat each other so be an interesting mix,

Mercedes appear to have what looks like a new diffuser, and in practice yesterday they were 15kmh down on the Force India's in a straight line. Which leads me to believe they arent using their new F-duct yet. Still, .6 seconds down with the slowest car in a straight line sans F-duct is'nt too bad.
More could have been done.
David Purley

dougskullery
dougskullery

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Great job by the Mclaren guys to get Lewis back out. Also, very impressed by Lewis getting "back on it" within a few minutes on the harder prime tyres.
The thing that impressed me about Lewis was that he did his run without an installation lap. Takes serious balls and total faith in your mechanics to drive a car to its limits after a full rebuild with no installation lap.

Remote_Access
Remote_Access

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: Wether Vettel can go 100% due to his injury is somthing we will find out very soon.
I have been following a lot of news coverage of the GP but must have missed this. What injury are you referring to?