Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
jwielage
jwielage

Re: Ferrari F10

Mr.G wrote:
Ferrari.com wrote:The F10’s development programme continues apace: Turkey should see the debut of an evolution of the software controlling the blown rear wing and other important advances will be introduced by the end of June
Should it be only some signalization for driver? Somethning like "when to shift" but for the blow-wing? Measuring the air flow/speed and signalize - OK now it will be efective - and driver can cover the controling hole?
Now that is a reasonable explaination.

Knowing WHEN to use the system is a more complex challenge than the logistics of mechanicly engaging it. A software model would help optimize performace by passing information to the driver. A simple steering wheel light could easily comunicate the required information. The driver then acts accordingly by physically engaging the system when the light indicates.
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so" - Mark Twain

hollus

In any given track the duct would be effective in roughly the same spots all the time. Is it not so difficult for the driver to remember to use it in this and that straight, and in those only, from the moment you go full throttle (or possibly a couple of tenths of a second earlier, but always the same), to the moment you want to brake.
Simple really, the straights either are long enough or are not long enough to make it worth, and high radius corners (to be treated as straights like in Interlagos or the last urn in Barcelona) either allow for it without sliding or don't. It is not so much of a moving target. At least not one that moves every lap. Surely nobody has to signal to the drivers when to turn left or right, why would the duct be different?
Rivals, not enemies.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

flynfrog wrote:
autogyro wrote:The mention of software and the rapid cover up in the media makes me suspicious.
Ferrari control the media now too.

I'm sure the mention of software had nothing to do with lap simulators and CFD. I think your tinfoil hat is on a little tight mate. Now please take this crap out of the car technical threads.
Yup, besides, the meaning was lost in translation. Sometimes a word can be very similar in spelling but have very different meanings.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

autogyro
autogyro

I was content to let it drop but the Ferrari excuses still keep coming, now it is the 'language' that is wrong.
Still no 'technical', again 'technical' reason for Alonsos crash in free practise at Monaco?
Simple question about the F10.

hollus

Alonso's crash in practice in Monaco was due to an error in the human interface controlling the machine, concretely to a temporary miscalibration of the lateral acceleration capabilities of the car. Hence the error can be ultimately attributed to the interface's software and hardware. This resulted in exceeding the grip capabilities of the car during the initial stages of the corner which in turn initiated a feedback process further limiting the available grip due to tire slip.
Ultimately this lead to an exchange of kinetic energy between the car and the wall before it could be sufficiently transmitted to the asphalt.
The human interface himself said so like 600 seconds after the event.
Rivals, not enemies.

autogyro
autogyro

Yes, now I get it but what caused the miscalculation?

lotus7
lotus7

autogyro wrote:Yes, now I get it but what caused the miscalculation?
A glitch in the wiring between the brain and right foot ?

gibells
gibells

hollus wrote:Alonso's crash in practice in Monaco was due to an error in the human interface controlling the machine, concretely to a temporary miscalibration of the lateral acceleration capabilities of the car. Hence the error can be ultimately attributed to the interface's software and hardware. This resulted in exceeding the grip capabilities of the car during the initial stages of the corner which in turn initiated a feedback process further limiting the available grip due to tire slip.
Ultimately this lead to an exchange of kinetic energy between the car and the wall before it could be sufficiently transmitted to the asphalt.
The human interface himself said so like 600 seconds after the event.
=D>
touche

autogyro
autogyro

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fine, if you believe it.

raymondu999

Actually hollus got it wrong. That was 599.4 seconds. You forgot to compensate for the 6 tenths provided by the human interface.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Sean H
Sean H

If you watch the onboard, he got on the dirty line and it was over. Driver mistake compounded with a prime tire that probably wasn't up to temp yet.

Drivers crash. It happens. It's not always a conspiracy.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

Speed_399
Speed_399

seems turkey F-duct variant will be actuated by knee like mclaren one

godlameroso

The problem with the F-duct is that if it's deactivated too late you have no downforce when you try to slow down, and that costs you in breaking performance. Likewise using it too early also limits your exit out of a corner, I think that for it to work properly it should be deactivated in time for the wing to regain it's downforce so that it's all there while the driver tries to brake into/accelerate out of a turn. Maybe my memory is foggy but watching Alonso use it in Barcelona I saw that he deactivated the system at the very last moment.
Saishū kōnā

siskue2005

Blackout

James Allen :roll: