2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

mwillems wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 20:03
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 18:46
Big Gun wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 14:23
1) Max, Lando, Lecerc
2) Hamilton, Alonso, Russel.
3) Sainz, Piastri, Hulk.

Piastri isnt in the top 6 of best drivers of this moment, just lacks about 2 tenths.
How do you compare drivers in midfield cars like the AM or Haas to drivers who are in the best cars? They rarely directly race each other and are aiming for different goals (points vs podiums).

Emag wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 16:52
There is no obvious LiCo visible in the data, but I'll take your word for it, assuming you've heard it from a reliable source. There are a bunch of bad laps, but most due to traffic.
Leclerc had to Lico a ton, according to his radios. You may be able to use Sainz as a comparison for this as he was not asked to Lico as much.
I don't get the post, it's confirming he was not lifting and coasting as instructed? This seems actually contradict your point.
How so? Bryan keeps telling Leclerc to keep up the LiCo, not that he wasn't doing it. Either way, the second stint is hard to reasonably discern pace wise.

I think Ferrari were the strongest by far on heavy fuel, which gained them a huge advantage in the first part of the stint, which they could then manage to the finish line.

dialtone
dialtone

mwillems wrote:
I don't get the post, it's confirming he was not lifting and coasting as instructed? This seems actually contradict your point.

Lap 51 on 25 laps old tires and one of this fastest laps (2 fast laps in succession 50-51) and lap 35 on 9 lap old and fairly average for that stint.

There's a lot of lift and coast on first straight, in the esses, T16-17-18-19 and the follow on straight he's not really pushing the car either. Most of the high speed braking points he's braking earlier.

Ferrari's pace wasn't as strong on the hards, but it was certainly on level at least and it's clear LEC wasn't pushing the car.

mwillems

dialtone wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 20:35
mwillems wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/w2f9Zlr.png

Lap 51 on 25 laps old tires and one of this fastest laps (2 fast laps in succession 50-51) and lap 35 on 9 lap old and fairly average for that stint.

There's a lot of lift and coast on first straight, in the esses, T16-17-18-19 and the follow on straight he's not really pushing the car either. Most of the high speed braking points he's braking earlier.

Ferrari's pace wasn't as strong on the hards, but it was certainly on level at least and it's clear LEC wasn't pushing the car.
I certainly think he wasn't going all out, don't get me wrong, I just don't see any evidence he could have gone considerably faster and maintained it for a full stint.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

mwillems

Darth-Piekus wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 20:32
Tell that to the trolls coming here posting out of topic BS that have nothing to do about Mclaren and when we specifically said some pages ago that we moved on. Dont play the victim when you pour oil to the fire. After all that is my personal opinion and it has nothing to do if I like a driver or not. Max is an incredible talent but in terms of racecraft hes just a bully.

In any case I have no more energy to bother with that topic or any of the trolls so I will probably start ignoring any other attempt.
No, in fact you'll see me explicitly ask people not to reply to trolls and I'll also ask the mods to look at it. I was fairly close to doing that for your post, so please stop posting utter nonsense simply because you are unable to control your own little tantrums.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Darth-Piekus

I don't really have the energy to bother with Max or his trolls anymore and I am glad you mentioned it to the mods. However I am not sure what triggered you here. Was it that I called his racecraft crap? If the word crap offended you then I apologise and allow me to rephrase. Max Verstappen's racecraft is that of a bully. A bully that likes to divebomb others off the track either he is on the attack or defence because he doesn't know of any other way of racing. I simply don't like these kind of drivers. It's a personal preference. Now let's not bring that up again please.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Right right - enough please.

You might have to rememeber that mdoeration in this place needs the children to listen when being chastised! We cannot be always here and there to keep such inane arguments in check.

Guys - have a break - the tone is antagonistic and doesn't help the thread, this place or your own mental health I am sure.

Where there is need to try and get a raise, and just one more post to "win" the argument..you have already lost.

Bickering and ad hominem attacks are not wanted here - so take it somewhere else.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM