2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jambier

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

I don't know what to think, I need picture of car on track with sun to see something :D

Nimrod

JordanMugen wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:09
JPBD1990 wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 14:21
Herr_Koos wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 14:19
Seems the two-tone livery rumor was correct as well. I reaaaally don't like that burgundy.
I was just thinking I LOVE the livery. Except for maybe the green mission winnow? A bit... christmasy
The livery looks horrendous IMO. :o

When they said darker shade of red, this is not what we had in mind...

https://i.imgur.com/yZW6Sojh.jpg

to

https://cdn.the-race.com/wp-content/upl ... 36x593.jpg

:wtf:

Who thought a gradient effect from red to burgundy would be a good idea? Seems like a decision made by committee, in response to fans liking the livery at Mugello...
I know this is slightly off topic, but here's Berger power sliding that 1995 412T2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5YU8VTbJSk

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

JordanMugen wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:09
JPBD1990 wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 14:21
Herr_Koos wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 14:19
Seems the two-tone livery rumor was correct as well. I reaaaally don't like that burgundy.
I was just thinking I LOVE the livery. Except for maybe the green mission winnow? A bit... christmasy
The livery looks horrendous IMO. :o

When they said darker shade of red, this is not what we had in mind...

https://i.imgur.com/yZW6Sojh.jpg

to

https://cdn.the-race.com/wp-content/upl ... 36x593.jpg

:wtf:

Who thought a gradient effect from red to burgundy would be a good idea? Seems like a decision made by committee, in response to fans liking the livery at Mugello...
they're slowly turning dark, Rich energy sponsorship imminent :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bosyber
bosyber

Yeah, it looks a bit like 'car starting to bake' brownish there. I saw someone speculate the green was just there for launch to get some tongues g/wagging, which I guess: that worked, now please get to the less offensive if not great white stuff for the stupid logo?

But, car certainly shows a lot of changes to the car, especially the sidepods (nose is, for me, maybe more an evolution of what they found they needed during season but couldn't do then), which given last year is probably a good thing, right!? And I guess they used tokens at the back for gearbox, that looks really narrow from the wire-graph thingy. Not a bad launch (esp. if they intended the leak).

Schuttelberg

Another awful livery!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Wouter

Charles: I'm getting used to it." So he didn't like it before. :)

The Power of Dreams!

Morteza

Wouter wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 16:10
Charles: I'm getting used to it." So he didn't like it before. :)

Same with that hideous pink on Aston Martin. We'll never get used to that...
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

jumpingfish

Although I didn't really like their livery, I hope the car will be better than SF1000. I thought the livery would be something like this, with dark red and white, also with a strip of the flag, like on their racing suits.

mclaren111

I like the Green...

Jambier

Better with less stickers

Vasconia

jumpingfish wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 16:22
Although I didn't really like their livery, I hope the car will be better than SF1000. I thought the livery would be something like this, with dark red and white, also with a strip of the flag, like on their racing suits.

https://sun9-40.userapi.com/impg/-J8bEQ ... type=album
I am not a fan of the green part but I do dislike how the white colour has been implemented here.

AMG.Tzan

Any apparent reason to make the MW logo green? There are so many nice to colours to fit with red (black, white, yellow)...why green?

Maybe if they also added white in between the letters....it would look more like the Italian flag! But just light green and ferrari red together...eww

Anyway, hopefully they'll change it soon...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Sevach
Sevach

El Scorchio wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 13:30
Absolutely this. Nailed it. I also think maybe they've opted to stick with the wrong man, and also that they've taken him away from his position of strength and put him in one which is not his strength, which is bad for both sides of the team- the design/technical side and the business side. He should be in the Allison/Newey role. Not the Wolff/Horner one.

i think it's very interesting how his role seemed to change in the latter part of last year. IMO it would be smart to move him back to his area of expertise and let someone else handle all the 'crap' of the team principal role.
Binotto has already announced he won't attend every race this season, will stay on the factory focussing on the 2022 car, it does seem like Ferrari wants him back on his old role, but they need to save face both in not humiliating him and saying he's back at TD someone else is the TP and not giving people more ammo for the "Ferrari changes TP as often as underwear".

Different topic: Not a fan of the green, looks bad and i don't like empty gestures "we put some green on the car, we love the environment... here's another v12 Berlinetta btw".

Though that was probably Philip Morris request.

jumpingfish

fritticaldi

The innovation on this car is the tight rear section and rear suspension.