Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dans79

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

djos wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 04:03
This investigation was done by a high priced lawyer, so I find it hard to believe he would risk damage to his own reputation and career by ignoring legitimate evidence.
The lawyer could have said in his report, that it was grounds for dismissal, or very borderline etc etc. However that doesn't mean the executive board listened.

I've seen the ceo of a company I've
worked for in the past strait up ignore the recommendation of the legal department. In one case I heard "we'll just pay the fine".
201 105 104 9 9 7

stonehenge
stonehenge

djos wrote:
If it was legit, it would have been presented as part of the accusation, and Horner would have been found guilty and fired.
How do you know it wasn't presented as part of the accusation? In fact, German media reported that screenshots of text messages *were* submitted as evidence.

djos wrote:
The pictures and screen shots have been stripped of their EXIF data. Google Drive does not do this IME, you need to intentionally do this.

I tested taking screen shots on my iPhone and on my Mac. iOS, windows and macOS all had a little bit of EXIF data, not none at all.
I think we've been over this enough: both legitimate leakers and fakers would have reason to remove EXIF data. It does not prove or disprove the authenticity of these screenshots.

djos wrote:
But this is all speculation based on observations, going back to my original point. If this info was real and it was provided as part of the complaint, Horner should have been found guilty and fired.
*Should* is a very different thing than *would*. Yes, it's very possible that Horner *should* have been fired. Why do you think lots of people in F1 are extremely unhappy about the lack of transparency about the investigation and are demanding more info, both in the media and behind the scenes? Red Bull is owned by a Thai businessman who very likely helped his son escape from the authorities after killing a cop. And by all accounts, he very much backs Horner. He was even at the race today, unlike the other shareholders including Oliver Mintzlaff. Now, I'm not suggesting that I think it's likely that the Thai owner called Red Bull and instructed them to end the investigation, but given that Red Bull merely stated that the complaint was dismissed and offered no other explanation, we simply don't know! I don't think saying that he would have been fired if these messages were real, but he wasn't fired, therefore the messages can't be real, is a very good argument. I can think of a bunch of explanations why Red Bull dismissed the complaint despite there being grounds for firing Horner.

djos wrote:
This investigation was done by a high priced lawyer, so I find it hard to believe he would risk damage to his own reputation and career by ignoring legitimate evidence. This leads me to believe the contents of the Google Drive are not legitimate evidence.
The lawyer was in charge of investigating and submitting a report. He would not have been in charge of making a decision based on that report.

djos wrote:
Honestly, if Horner is guilty, then he deserve to be fired and face legal sanctions. If not, the person or persons behind this should be charged with fraud.
I'm not an expert in UK or Austrian law, but it is generally very hard to bring charges against someone if the conduct can be proven to be mutual. If Horner consistently made sexually charged statements toward her that created a difficult work environment there might be criminal liability, but if it is more akin to a workplace affair that both parties had a part in instigating then it is highly unlikely. I'm not saying it's not wrong behavior for someone in a position of power to pursue a suborninate employee who's ability to freely consent is likely incapacitated, whether explicitly or implicitly, this is an area of the law that 1. hasn't caught up to today's views of what is acceptable and 2. is inherently problematic in that is almost always produces a "he said she said" situation.

djos

You make valid points, I’m just trying to apply logic to what we know of the situation.

I assume the full truth will come out at some point.
"In downforce we trust"

bagajohny
bagajohny

So the Thai owners of Redbull were at the circuit. I guess trying to show support for Horner.

Watto
Watto

I’m leaning towards the messages being real re the lawyers report , He may well have reported no workplace laws had been broken but behaviour was poor (without knowing uk employment law)

Watto
Watto

I do think Horner should go just to try and get away from the tension both on the team and himself.

The the messages - and I will ad not that I think this makes him being in the right, I think either way what’s been leaked if true is enough for him to go - but wonder if the leak has been very very selective- makes it look a lot worse than it is/was.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Re: Christian Horner under Investigati

f1jcw wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 02:59
I don’t know what is worse for me

That Horner abuse his PA

Or f1 fans are defending sexual abuse of a employee and using the flimsiest reason to excuse it.

It is disgusting that that this is what F1 sport and its supporters have come to. Evidence of the exploitation of a female employee is posted and nothing from the stakeholders is posted to deny it.

it disgusts me, that people try to defend thus behaviour. What happens if it continues to be not denied, will excuse switch, or be stick to that it’s not to bad.
We are talking about a boss of a f1 team requesting intimate pictures of an employee.

Is there anyway that this is acceptable? Would you be happy with your wife or daughter being put in this position. At what point does it Become unacceptable.

F1 needs to sort its house out very quickly.
This is what I am saying. Regardless of whether it turns out to be true or not, the fact that some people are willing to defend Horner by downplaying what he's accused of is absurd.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

djos

Re: Christian Horner under Investigati

PapayaFan481 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 06:51
f1jcw wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 02:59
I don’t know what is worse for me

That Horner abuse his PA

Or f1 fans are defending sexual abuse of a employee and using the flimsiest reason to excuse it.

It is disgusting that that this is what F1 sport and its supporters have come to. Evidence of the exploitation of a female employee is posted and nothing from the stakeholders is posted to deny it.

it disgusts me, that people try to defend thus behaviour. What happens if it continues to be not denied, will excuse switch, or be stick to that it’s not to bad.
We are talking about a boss of a f1 team requesting intimate pictures of an employee.

Is there anyway that this is acceptable? Would you be happy with your wife or daughter being put in this position. At what point does it Become unacceptable.

F1 needs to sort its house out very quickly.
This is what I am saying. Regardless of whether it turns out to be true or not, the fact that some people are willing to defend Horner by downplaying what he's accused of is absurd.
I didn’t see anyone downplaying it, only questioning if it’s genuine.

The behaviour in the accusations is nothing short disgraceful.
"In downforce we trust"

Mogster

Watto
Watto

Mogster wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 09:15
Jos now telling Horner to go.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/jos-v ... /10582532/
This honestly makes me more uncomfortable about the whole thing I think Horner should do but the long rumored tension between Jos and Horner I really don’t like a drivers father having this kind of influence over a team - last not when he doesn’t have a financial stake like the strolls. I haven’t always liked how Horner operates but I think it wa better than giving Jos and supposedly Marko more control. Part of me wonders a little if there is an element of Horner somewhat supporting Perez behind the scenes .

That’s not taking away from the complaint/ investigation mind you just think it all adds to this mess.

I do think it would be best for Horner to but do have other concerns

z.topoln
z.topoln

Horner should bench Max, pull in Danny and show Verstappens who is employer and who is employee.

Ofc impossible because of Marko, but some true colours are being shown there

TFSA

z.topoln wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 09:28
Horner should bench Max, pull in Danny and show Verstappens who is employer and who is employee.

While Max and his father are close, i don't think it's a good idea to punish Max based on Jos statements. They're still individuals.

I think most people in the Reddit thread about Jos comment said it best: F1, Red Bull (and possibly Max as well) would be better off if Jos would just eff off. With his past, he hardly has the moral high ground.

Watto
Watto

TFSA wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 09:36
z.topoln wrote:

While Max and his father are close, i don't think it's a good idea to punish Max based on Jos statements. They're still individuals.

I think most people in the Reddit thread about Jos comment said it best: F1, Red Bull (and possibly Max as well) would be better off if Jos would just eff off. With his past, he hardly has the moral high ground.
Yep can’t punish Max for Jos comments.

Sometimes I’d a say it maybe hard for kids of influential parents especially when they helped with their careers in the early days.

DChemTech
DChemTech

TFSA wrote:
z.topoln wrote:

Maybe this is all Jos trying to oust Horner and take over the team. He ís Jos the Boss after all... ;)

Watto
Watto

DChemTech wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 09:51
TFSA wrote:
z.topoln wrote:

Maybe this is all Jos trying to oust Horner and take over the team. He ís Jos the Boss after all... ;)
I doubt RB would allow that but maybe Jos could have someone he has influence over instead.

Some of these rumours of Jos etc are why I had doubts on the leaked messages.