Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Pierce89

Re: Ferrari F10

Phillyred wrote:In regards to Ferrari's incorporation of their EBD- I agree.. If Alonso can keep a cool head and not suffer any SC misfortune then this may be the turning point for the prancing horses.. However, I think we've seen how Macca can make huge strides- the last part of 2009 for example...
Pierce89 wrote:Scince Turkey,the Scuderia have been developing F10 quicker than any other team. They've absolutely smoked Macca in development lately. So much for Mclaren being able to develop faster than the Scuderia. That falsehood has been blown right out of the water.
Three races ago Ferrari were a second off red bull. Red Bull, Macca, Merc, have all brought updates yet noone has gained on Red Bull like the Scuderia. Besdes, I think the new front wing is the bggest difference on the F10 not the EBD.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

siskue2005

Pierce89 wrote:Scince Turkey,the Scuderia have been developing F10 quicker than any other team. They've absolutely smoked Macca in development lately. So much for Mclaren being able to develop faster than the Scuderia. That falsehood has been blown right out of the water.
one quly session they are as fast as RBR and people jump to this conclusion :?

timbo
timbo

volarchico wrote:the qualifying pace this week was a lot better than expected and was probably due to more than just a new wing from two weeks ago. How about the fact that they now are using a Q3 exhaust mapping?
They modified sidepods and diffuser too.

Atlanta
Atlanta

Ciro Pabón

This is a thread about the Ferrari F10 development. The 20 plus posts I deleted weren't. Why?

I would like to, but I cannot shovel the garbage I see in previous pages.

Please, people, read the "Read before posting" rules for this forum. They are very simple.

If you feel inclined to post about other things, click on the New Thread button. If you don't know how to do that, we will be happy to teach you. 8)

Thanks, Lorenzo: your post shows NOT everybody is out of his mind. At last, a relevant post.

Now, if you have something that involves the Ferrari F10 wing (preferably pictures), post it here.

If you (all of you, not Lorenzo) are going to talk about flexible wings in general, or the possible penalties and allegations about flexi-wings, start a new thread.

I repeat: this is a thread about the Ferrari F10 development
Ciro

Pierce89

To those who didn't believe me when I said the new front wing was as big a step as the EBD: James Allen's LG tech report: Ferrari also had a step on the front wing, which improved the overall downforce and stablity of the car, leading both drivers to talk of greatly improved grip and driveability.
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Pierce89 wrote:To those who didn't believe me when I said the new front wing was as big a step as the EBD: James Allen's LG tech report: Ferrari also had a step on the front wing, which improved the overall downforce and stablity of the car, leading both drivers to talk of greatly improved grip and driveability.
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/
Can't see anything compared to Silverstone, might be on the underside. It might have smaller endplate-channels but it could be the angle. Images are highres, click for bigger (courtesy nextgen-auto.com):

Hockenheim:
Silverstone:

Pierce89

I actually think it's referring to the wing that's been on scince Silverstone because it wasn't in the LG tech report for Silverstone.

Midnight-34
Midnight-34

The vertical flap are new, at Silverstone i didn't saw them but i'm not so sure

forty-two

Midnight-34 wrote:The vertical flap are new, at Silverstone i didn't saw them but i'm not so sure
Can anyone tell us what the marked gauge is on the inside of the end-fence? Is this the range of movement of the "driver movable front wing"? I've never spotted this before on anyone elses car.

Might a suitably minded team employ some form of exotic material to tether this flap to the motor, such that when at great speed (and great longitudonal load) the flap rotates to create less drag? Or has this been done in the past and the FIA are wise to it?

As far as I know, the test the FIA perform on the wing is about vertical load testing to check for deflection, but I don't know of any other tests upon the movable flap to check for rotational movement.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

timbo
timbo

forty-two wrote:Can anyone tell us what the marked gauge is on the inside of the end-fence? Is this the range of movement of the "driver movable front wing"? I've never spotted this before on anyone elses car.
It just allows to set correct angle for the wing flap. Dunno if anybody else uses it, but I've seen such things on Ferrari looooong ago.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Ferrari FW 2009, we can see the vertical flaps, (flow straighteners to keep the flow 2D)(??)

Also when you zoom in you can see the flap adjustment from 0-12 degrees, giving the teams 3 different configs to run..

Also the 2009 wing saw a small gurney on the secondary flap...which does not appear in 2010 wings..Also the design philosophy is quite same from last year in the shape of the wings...but we saw a 3 element wing make its debut at Silverstone

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Winglet above the diffuser now has two elements, an extra 0.001% of downforce? :)
Old:

Splitter looks the same:
China:

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

What's the reason for the bulge in the top-front of the sidepod? Aero or is it housing something? Too high for electrical right?

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

They've had raised shoulders since the start of the year :wink:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法