2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Oct 2024, 04:46
djos wrote:
29 Sep 2024, 01:33
ispano6 wrote:
29 Sep 2024, 01:12
How unsurprising. Stinking Reno PU.
At first thought wouldn't they give this PR duty to Ricciardo?

Everyone and Honda know Yuki deserves to be in the top team powered by Honda. Ric certainly doesn't after breaking his handshake agreement with DM and neither should Liam or Hadjar be considered before Yuki.

Would not be surprised to see a fallout between Red Bull and Honda.
I honestly don’t know why they didn’t fire Checo after Singapore. Both Yuki and Daniel did a much better job in their RB’s that Checo did. FFS, Checo couldn’t even overtake a Williams!

Ok, so Daniel didn’t do enough to get Checo’s seat, so give it to Yuki and let Daniel see out the season and work with Liam to ensure he has the best start to his career….

Keeping Checo and firing Daniel just makes no sense to me!
Checo has better temperament than both persons you named! Thing is this... how long would Yuki or Daniel hold it together after getting beat race in, race out by Max? Daniel lasted 2.5 years but Max didn't really start challenging him until the third year. After which we saw the cracks in Daniel's psyche when the whole team shifted behind Max. It's gonna be even worse now. Multiply the effect by 300% for young hot headed Yuki. Doesn't matter how fast they are, they still will be slower than Max and still will basically be his lapdog. It's about who has has the temperament to be Max's lap dog, swallow their pride and keep racing day in day out with 100% loyalty. Maybe Liam is that cool head they need? Let's see.
max is a very quick driver no doubt but perez has already shown that he can be beaten in baku.perez has insinuated that the cars were not equal after tech directive in miami relating to brake steer.

ispano6

kptaylor wrote:
01 Oct 2024, 16:53
No way Yuki would get the Red Bull seat. First, he's a Honda-backed driver. I see him more going to Aston than Red Bull. Two, he's too hot-headed, even if he's "matured" this year. Cannot effectively communicate or digest critical feedback to improve.
Yes, he's a driver that was selected out of their Honda Formula Dream school. He probably has a feel for how to use the Honda engine better than other drivers (evident in his driving and downshifting style).

Max turned out FINE for RB as well. Truth is, drivers are ruthless and they have to be. They are die-hard. Maybe you have to be one to know how they operate. When he says "too much information", he means it. He's being distracted and and needs to focus and not on something he doesn't care to. No F1 driver wants to be told to push when they already are. No driver wants to be told to look after the tires when he can feel and see the graining and has to compensate for a car that can't cope. It adds insult to injury, especially when driving a mid-field car powered by the same power unit in the top team. I'm sure Honda is unimpressed by how Red Bull have squandered the opportunity to put one of the most popular young drivers on the grid (look it up, fanzone champ) who would be a fitting final year partnership with RedBull and Honda. But no, they keep Checo, an under-performing non-Honda or non-RedBull junior driver. Yuki has the killer instinct and now the experience. Checo and Dan both lost that edge (Checo had a spark in Baku, but cracked and failed to deliver). You can already tell by the way Yuki takes corners, brakes, and carries speed. And once RedBull lose the Honda PU, let's see how they perform. Will they be like Williams with the Judd engines? Will VCARB (maybe won't have VISA title sponsor after this year) be more like the Minardi/Lola level and back of the pack? Aston Martin does seem to be the best place to be and Whitmarsh has acknowledged that Yuki is on their radar. The question will be where Lance and Fernando will be, but it's a shame that RedBull don't have balls to promote a 4th-5th year junior driver into the top team. We all know that Horner is behind it but I would love to see what Dr. Marko thinks about having Yuki instead of Checo or Dan. And forget Liam, he lacks experience.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ispano6 wrote:
01 Oct 2024, 18:37
We all know that Horner is behind it but I would love to see what Dr. Marko thinks about having Yuki instead of Checo or Dan. And forget Liam, he lacks experience.
Marko already made no secret of wanting Perez and Ricciardo gone in favor of Lawson and Tsunoda but it seems that he made a critical misjudgment. Participating in a plot to oust Horner has led to a decline in his powers. Schade.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 01 Oct 2024, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.
A lion must kill its prey.

dren

These two teams are an absolute --- show.
Honda!

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
kptaylor wrote:
No way Yuki would get the Red Bull seat. First, he's a Honda-backed driver. I see him more going to Aston than Red Bull. Two, he's too hot-headed, even if he's "matured" this year. Cannot effectively communicate or digest critical feedback to improve.
Yes, he's a driver that was selected out of their Honda Formula Dream school. He probably has a feel for how to use the Honda engine better than other drivers (evident in his driving and downshifting style).

Max turned out FINE for RB as well. Truth is, drivers are ruthless and they have to be. They are die-hard. Maybe you have to be one to know how they operate. When he says "too much information", he means it. He's being distracted and and needs to focus and not on something he doesn't care to. No F1 driver wants to be told to push when they already are. No driver wants to be told to look after the tires when he can feel and see the graining and has to compensate for a car that can't cope. It adds insult to injury, especially when driving a mid-field car powered by the same power unit in the top team. I'm sure Honda is unimpressed by how Red Bull have squandered the opportunity to put one of the most popular young drivers on the grid (look it up, fanzone champ) who would be a fitting final year partnership with RedBull and Honda. But no, they keep Checo, an under-performing non-Honda or non-RedBull junior driver. Yuki has the killer instinct and now the experience. Checo and Dan both lost that edge (Checo had a spark in Baku, but cracked and failed to deliver). You can already tell by the way Yuki takes corners, brakes, and carries speed. And once RedBull lose the Honda PU, let's see how they perform. Will they be like Williams with the Judd engines? Will VCARB (maybe won't have VISA title sponsor after this year) be more like the Minardi/Lola level and back of the pack? Aston Martin does seem to be the best place to be and Whitmarsh has acknowledged that Yuki is on their radar. The question will be where Lance and Fernando will be, but it's a shame that RedBull don't have balls to promote a 4th-5th year junior driver into the top team. We all know that Horner is behind it but I would love to see what Dr. Marko thinks about having Yuki instead of Checo or Dan. And forget Liam, he lacks experience.
I completely agree with all you said. And ..... Yuki said he wants a pointy car so he can be quick and tne RB always was a pointy car. He likes to drive the same racelines as Max always does but the VCARB01 doesn't allow him to do that.
I don't know if the RB20 still is a pointy car because Max was complaining about understeer/oversteer/understeer/oversteer.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Christian Horner On Daniel Ricciardo's Departure + Liam Lawson's Return | F1 Nation Podcast
(36 minutes)

Christian Horner has said Helmut Marko wanted to push Daniel Ricciardo out of the Visa Cash App RB seat after just 10 races in the 2024 Formula 1 season. If it had been up to the external adviser, Ricciardo would've been swapped around the Spanish Grand Prix, but Horner revealed he did his best to keep Ricciardo in the seat for longer.

"I think it was the lack of consistency," Horner said on the F1 Nation podcast about the reason behind Ricciardo's early departure. The Red Bull team boss points to the Miami GP as an example after an already difficult start to the season. "The Friday and Saturday morning was fantastic, and it looked like the Daniel of old, defending against Ferraris and out-driving the car. But then the Saturday afternoon and the Sunday were disastrous. And even around Barcelona, Helmut wanted him out of the car."

However, Horner says he wanted to give Ricciardo more time in the VCARB car. "I’ve done my very best to buy him as much time in the car to allow him to deliver, otherwise he would have been out of the car after Barcelona," continued the 50-year-old Briton, who stressed that all drivers are under great pressure to perform. That certainly includes Sergio Perez, who has struggled to find form since the Miami Grand Prix.

"The reason that Daniel was in that car was to get himself back into a position to ultimately be there to pick up the pieces if Checo didn’t deliver. And the problem was they both had issues with form at varying times. Checo started the season very well, very strongly, and Daniel was struggling. And then obviously, as Checo lost form, Daniel found a bit of form, but it was never compelling enough to say: Okay, you know, we should switch the two drivers," Horner said.
The Power of Dreams!

PinkFloydPulse

BS... they talk about not performing, and yet Perez not only did not perform but also cost the team millions... Daniel would still be there if he had the money backing that Perez has... everything else is just BS and PR...
Team Fernando!

Bill
Bill

if perez and liam doesn't get the jop done maybe daniel could be in the frame for the redbull seat according to Horner.Yuki unfortunately will never drive for redbull.i guess his job is to destroy red bull juniors and ensure perez keep his seat

djos

Wouter wrote:
01 Oct 2024, 20:39
Christian Horner On Daniel Ricciardo's Departure + Liam Lawson's Return | F1 Nation Podcast
(36 minutes)

Christian Horner has said Helmut Marko wanted to push Daniel Ricciardo out of the Visa Cash App RB seat after just 10 races in the 2024 Formula 1 season. If it had been up to the external adviser, Ricciardo would've been swapped around the Spanish Grand Prix, but Horner revealed he did his best to keep Ricciardo in the seat for longer.

"I think it was the lack of consistency," Horner said on the F1 Nation podcast about the reason behind Ricciardo's early departure. The Red Bull team boss points to the Miami GP as an example after an already difficult start to the season. "The Friday and Saturday morning was fantastic, and it looked like the Daniel of old, defending against Ferraris and out-driving the car. But then the Saturday afternoon and the Sunday were disastrous. And even around Barcelona, Helmut wanted him out of the car."

However, Horner says he wanted to give Ricciardo more time in the VCARB car. "I’ve done my very best to buy him as much time in the car to allow him to deliver, otherwise he would have been out of the car after Barcelona," continued the 50-year-old Briton, who stressed that all drivers are under great pressure to perform. That certainly includes Sergio Perez, who has struggled to find form since the Miami Grand Prix.

"The reason that Daniel was in that car was to get himself back into a position to ultimately be there to pick up the pieces if Checo didn’t deliver. And the problem was they both had issues with form at varying times. Checo started the season very well, very strongly, and Daniel was struggling. And then obviously, as Checo lost form, Daniel found a bit of form, but it was never compelling enough to say: Okay, you know, we should switch the two drivers," Horner said.
Yeah, it very obvious that it was Marko behind the scenes causing trouble.

TBH, I don’t think Daniel ever fully recovered from the damage Maclaren caused to his driving style and confidence.

When the car worked for him, he was epic, but when the car went backwards at Barcelona, it really threw a spanner in the works.

"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

ispano6 wrote:
kptaylor wrote:

Come on now, my guy... Come on now. :lol: :that's a bit of stretch..

So somehow Yuki's Japanese DNA resonates with the vibrations and torque surges from the Japanese Honda engine throughout all load profiles on the map? And that gives him an inherent advantage than any other driver that drive by wire Honda enigne that was probably the most heavily revised engine each year.

Nah... :lol:

You made me laugh out loud tho, I admit.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

ispano6

PlatinumZealot wrote:
02 Oct 2024, 01:59
ispano6 wrote:
kptaylor wrote:

Come on now, my guy... Come on now. :lol: :that's a bit of stretch..

So somehow Yuki's Japanese DNA resonates with the vibrations and torque surges from the Japanese Honda engine throughout all load profiles on the map? And that gives him an inherent advantage than any other driver that drive by wire Honda enigne that was probably the most heavily revised engine each year.

Nah... :lol:

You made me laugh out loud tho, I admit.
Actually you should watch his on boards more vs Ric. You'll see him making more changes throughout the lap. It's as GP tells Max: "use your tools". Not to forget he can also tell Honda engineers about what he feels in the engine in their native tongue. Valuable for Yuki to know the quirks and nuances.

Also, Perez did mention the difference between the Honda PU and the Merc, and if you've driven a Honda engine in anger before it doesn't quite work the way, say, a Renault does. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

"And now let's see what our juniors or even a Yuki Tsunoda can do. He can also be described as a junior. But as I mentioned earlier, how does he compare to a Lawson?"
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/marko ... /10660021/

bigblue

Yuki must be the most benchmarked driver in F1! He's done quite well. Yet Red Bull won't promote him. Either they know something we don't, or Red Bull are just barking mad. Checo has not exactly covered himself in glory.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

bigblue wrote:
04 Oct 2024, 20:59
Yuki must be the most benchmarked driver in F1! He's done quite well. Yet Red Bull won't promote him. Either they know something we don't, or Red Bull are just barking mad. Checo has not exactly covered himself in glory.
Maybe they want a leader in the VCARB team.

Jurgen von Diaz

AR3-GP wrote:
bigblue wrote:
04 Oct 2024, 20:59
Maybe they want a leader in the VCARB team.
VCARB isn't supposed to compete for the championships. They're supposed to breed new talents for Red Bull, where they're supposed to mature into leaders.