Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zgred

Re: Red Bull RB6

segedunum
segedunum

Goodness me, it's a steam engine. You can still see the right-hand (as we look at it) part of the wing flexing down in the manner that it's done all season.

Francesc
Francesc

New beam wing

GTO

New oval air vent from f-duct.

aral
aral

segedunum wrote:Goodness me, it's a steam engine. You can still see the right-hand (as we look at it) part of the wing flexing down in the manner that it's done all season.
But its an old wing, and anyway car is loaded to that side, so understandably that side of the wing would be closer to ground. It has also passed scrutiny.

To GTO. If that is part of the F-Duct, it is an interesting take on it. Feed forced air into the low pressure area below the wing, thus increasing the pressure and reducing the drag.
That would not need manual activation and would just be clever use of airflow.

raceman

Wow! The diffuser of RB6 is quite different than the other cars, isn't it?

simplefan
simplefan

Not at all. Alain Prost has a flexible nose Red Bull does not.

I'd say Red Bull explored an alternative location for the nose cameras either on their own or working with FOM, found it wanting and returned to the original location for SPA. One possible reason for mounting the cameras so low is placing even a few more grams of weight lower as the camera pods all weigh the same whether there is a camera fitted or not.

Professor
Professor

horse

Has anyone else noticed the horns protruding from the chassis into the nose cone? Two square sections, about 6 inches long, angled slightly down and inwards towards the front. Saw them on MWs car in the garage just now. It looks odd, compared to other cars at this point on the chassis, and must make changing the cone more complicated. Could this be to prevent the failure that saw the wing swap?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

JMN
JMN

Did anyone get a chance to get some close-ups of Vettel's car in the pit while his nose-cone was changed after the crash with Button?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

horse wrote:Has anyone else noticed the horns protruding from the chassis into the nose cone? Two square sections, about 6 inches long, angled slightly down and inwards towards the front. Saw them on MWs car in the garage just now. It looks odd, compared to other cars at this point on the chassis, and must make changing the cone more complicated. Could this be to prevent the failure that saw the wing swap?
I saw those, yes. They look like the ends of the torsion bars but why they are in that format is beyond me.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

747heavy

"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

747heavy

RB6 splitter and BIB stay details Spa
will be interesting to see, if and how it changes for Monza

"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I have just cleaned this thread again for what must be the 20th time. Please do not discuss the flexi-wing debate, that has it's own thread since it involves more than one car and is pretty specific. So as expected any flexi-wing posts were moved out of here.

The anti-ackerman posts were split off into their own thread, since a page of posts was too much to be left in here.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

autogyro
autogyro

I am getting old.
Does anyone remember me asking if it was legal to have the bib stay moveable some time ago on this subject.