Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

Will Massa get a penalty for holding up Button between Rascasse and A.Noghes? Pretty blatant although not by design I'm sure.

As it's the last session will the stewards frown on him?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

nacho
nacho

I think Massa was busy preparing his exit out to the straight, I think it was quite normal.

raymondu999

shotzski wrote:Can anybody confirm Webber's right front tyre wobbling on the in lap/parc ferme?
Could you clarify? You saw the tyre wobbling? :S
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

nacho wrote:I think Massa was busy preparing his exit out to the straight, I think it was quite normal.
Yes, nothing he could do in that tight of a space. He tried opening a space on the right for Button, but button didn't go through. In fact button tucked behind Massa for some reason or the other.
Anyhow you take it, button was going nowhere anyway. Kubica was the man this session clearly showing his skills and how well planted the renualt is. The ferraris were also very good here as well, the Mclaren seeming like it lost it's slow speed turn capabilities from last year's car.
For Sure!!

andartop
andartop

Pity that Alonso messed up in FP, he probably would have challenged for pole based on his performance on FP1 and 2 and Massa's performance in quali.

Overall a bit disappointing Q3, most of the session people were just failing to get anywhere near Kubica and when MW finally did it we didn't even get to see his lap.. Well done to MW and RB for another pole.

Regarding the Massa-Button "incident", I didn't see any blue flags being waved at Massa, and I can't see how this was any different than all the other "incidents" we saw earlier (ie with Kubica). Both MS and DLR went way beyond their obligations to avoid obstructing anyone, but still the following cars would have lost a bit of time, you can't help it on a narrow circuit like that. Doesn't matter though, JB was too slow anyway!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

univex
univex

raymondu999 wrote:
shotzski wrote:Can anybody confirm Webber's right front tyre wobbling on the in lap/parc ferme?
The green paint on the inside of the front right is not straight. Checked it out a few times on the replay. If you look at Vetel's car it is the same.

Webber was seen looking at his right front carefully when he got out of the car. He said in interview that he brushed the armco hard on his second last lap, before doing the 13.8 pole.
Incidently the second last lap he did a 14.1, good enough for pole despite brushing the armco.

raymondu999

maybe a video of this? Can't quite understand what you mean.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

Pics from Q3:

Last edited by WhiteBlue on 15 May 2010, 18:03, edited 9 times in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

PlatinumZealot

I know it's not in Q3 but I want to see a picture of the underside of Alonso's car.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

shotzski

raymondu999 wrote:

In fact yeah, when Webber slows down and parked his car for parc ferme. But I want to be sure so i asked if anyone else saw it. The wobbling was fairly noticeable.

WhiteBlue

n smikle wrote:I know it's not in Q3 but I want to see a picture of the underside of Alonso's car.

Last edited by WhiteBlue on 15 May 2010, 17:50, edited 3 times in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Miguel
Miguel

Whiteblue, you could have directed him to a previous post of yours. There is no need to violate Bernie's copyright so many times in so few posts.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

jason.parker.86
jason.parker.86

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

Believe it is a Monoaco Spec rear Wing? Could be wrong

WhiteBlue

Miguel wrote:you could have directed him to a previous post of yours. There is no need to violate Bernie's copyright so many times in so few posts.
I have actually reposted one of the URLs of the previous post. Are you worried about Bernie's pockets? I'm not aware that he chases still fotos yet.

Miguel
Miguel

WhiteBlue wrote:I have actually reposted one of the URLs of the previous post. Are you worried about Bernie's pockets? I'm not aware that he chases still fotos yet.
I'm not worried about Bernie's cash in the least. But I am tired of an endless scroll through thousands of pictures of little artistic value. It could hurt my finger. It's also not the optimal way to spend my bandwidth.

I also don't get the point you are trying to make with those pictures, other than you owning a DVR or a TiVo and that you pay for Skysports HD. Cool, because the broadcasting sign is perfectly sharp, but the rest of the image shows the crappy broadcast we suffer. No, really. I understand posting (once) the pictures of Alonso's crash. But I don't understand the point of several random images out of Q3. Anyway, it could be just me.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll waste some broadmand skyping with my girlfriend.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr