2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

wondering on which tyres Max will start: soft to maximise traction and keep track position at the start, or medium to extend first stint and cover possible VSC/SC ? I fear that a SC for some dude going off track can screw Max like in Miami...

Paa

It is difficult to overtake here, so if Max stays first he can go slower to keep the chasing pack together to undermine undercuts.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Paa wrote:
19 May 2024, 00:05
Silent Storm wrote:
18 May 2024, 23:19
ali623 wrote:
18 May 2024, 20:49
For anyone interested in sim racing, Max is currently doing a stint in the Nürburgring 24hr iRacing event (leading the race):

https://www.twitch.tv/teamredline
He's still going on... What a guy
Does he plan to sleep at all?
He did sleep late, Woke up and got back to his sim racing job and left 20 mins ago after this.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

DDopey
DDopey

Wouter wrote:
18 May 2024, 09:19
DDopey wrote:
18 May 2024, 08:02
Just remove the new parts ?
New parts they must try on track and get data. Last night Rudy van Buren was in Milton Keynes in the sim
to make the updates work better. Let's wait and see.
I trust Rudy, he always does a great job and knows exactly what Max and Checo need/want from their car..
I now read it was Sébastien Buemi who did the sim work overnight ?

Wouter

DDopey wrote:
19 May 2024, 14:39
Wouter wrote:
18 May 2024, 09:19
DDopey wrote:
18 May 2024, 08:02
Just remove the new parts ?
New parts they must try on track and get data. Last night Rudy van Buren was in Milton Keynes in the sim
to make the updates work better. Let's wait and see.
I trust Rudy, he always does a great job and knows exactly what Max and Checo need/want from their car..
I now read it was Sébastien Buemi who did the sim work overnight ?
Yes, van Buren couldn't make it so they had to call Buemi and Dennis according to Horner. On another broadcaster he only mentioned Buemi. Strange.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Perez, pffffff. After round 44 => 61 sec behind Max! After round 54 => 57 sec!

=======================================================================

=======================================================================

The Power of Dreams!

kediown

Great drive from Max

Rikhart
Rikhart

Right now to beat Verstappen you need a clear car advantage, parity doesn't cut it.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

That was a special one. Good damage limitation.

Vettel165

Wow what a win by Max, didnt see that coming after FP3. Lando and Charles were also amazing. I have to say Red Bull in Max hands were the fastest car on medium tyres. This was the tyre which they focused on in practice with race simulation. It was a big mistake that they didnt also try the hard tyre more, as they would have more infomation. As in the end of the last stint Norris was faster, Red Bull was sliding around. I am thinking if Verstappen didnt make a tactical pull back and save the tyres when the gap went from +7 to +2s he would have lost the race. Red Bull in-season development is usually spot on in the second part of the season. But we will see.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Mclaren is a bigger threat than Ferrari pace wise and they also have better drivers...

Any other track and Max would have use terrorism to keep 1st.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vettel165 wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:57
Wow what a win by Max, didnt see that coming after FP3. Lando and Charles were also amazing. I have to say Red Bull in Max hands were the fastest car on medium tyres. This was the tyre which they focused on in practice with race simulation. It was a big mistake that they didnt also try the hard tyre more, as they would have more infomation. As in the end of the last stint Norris was faster, Red Bull was sliding around. I am thinking if Verstappen didnt make a tactical pull back and save the tyres when the gap went from +7 to +2s he would have lost the race. Red Bull in-season development is usually spot on in the second part of the season. But we will see.
Mclaren finished 4th in the WCC last year. They have much more windtunnel and CFD hours.
7. **McLaren** – (85% – 1020 hours / 34 weekly sessions)
8. **Ferrari** – (80% – 960 hours / 32 weekly sessions)
9. **Mercedes** – (75% – 900 hours / 30 weekly sessions)
10. **Red Bull** – (70% – 840 hours / 28 weekly sessions)

Wouter

Silent Storm wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:01
Mclaren is a bigger threat than Ferrari pace wise and they also have better drivers...

Any other track and Max would have use terrorism to keep 1st.
HUH??? When did he ever do that?
The Power of Dreams!

Cs98
Cs98

Soaks up the pressure and delivers even when the situation looks dire, per usual. Like I've said previously, having car parity is not enough to beat him in the championship. You need to actually beat him because he's not going to beat himself.

Sergej
Sergej

another masterclass from Max after yesterday pole, I saw too much pessimism today morning about the win but never bet against Max :D

bit worrying though about the pace, stint with medium was ok but then with hard tyres the pace faded away, it was a bad choice not to have tested them in free practice, plus the awful friday did not help in reaching the optimum of the car, still it's the second weekend in a row like this so not very good

I already can foresee usual setup shambles next friday in Monaco :lol: