2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mosin123
Mosin123

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

CHT wrote:
28 May 2024, 11:42
Mosin123 wrote:
28 May 2024, 10:05
CHT wrote:
28 May 2024, 01:55
LH has always been the no. 1 poster boy in F1 even in his first season with Mclaren.

After tasted long string of unbroken successes it's natural for LH to struggle with this new reality of not having the media attentions due to lack of success on the track.

Moving to Ferrari may seems like the grass is greener on the other side but when LH get to the other side he will likely struggle in Ferrrari unless he is happy to just be Charles teammate within the team

Ferrari already have their postal boy Charles Lercler who is quick, popular, speaks fluent Italian, young and charming like a young prince without having to dress up like one.

To be hoesnt LH look pretty beaten both on and off track these days and considering how quick this new bred of esport F1 drivers are today, I think LH may not be able to regain back his confidence and dominate the sports like before. And it is not good for his legacy and mental wellbeing if he continues to be beaten by his teammate at Ferrari.
I am sure if LH was lacking confidence, he wouldnt have signed at Ferrari. Hes leaving Mercades, I am sure he doesnt care how the season goes, fighting for 5th - 8th when the car he is going to drive next year is fighting for 1st- 5th, I am sure he would rather it was finished now and is just going through the motions like most people do when they are seeing out the last few days / weeks / months of a job they want out of. Its going to be like another golden age for lewis when he walks into Ferrari with Neway holding his hand, Making LH an 8th time champion at Ferrari would be far more beneficial for Ferrari than CL winning 3...
Confidence or winning mindset needs to be converted to track position and points, else that will become just lip servicing. As 7xWDC and as one of the highest paid driver on the grid, I would think he has to be at least 0.20 sec quicker than his younger teammate. So its either GR is now as quick as LH or LH has already passed his prime, just like MS did when he came back from retirement.

If LH continue to believe Merc is not giving him the same equipment and he is always the one making the wrong call in set up, then I am afraid he is likely to continue to do so in Ferrari because Charles is a much quicker driver than GR and he is already playing the mind game to tell LH he is no.1 driver at Ferrari. Perhaps you are suggesting that LH will be blaming Adrian Newey for poor result at Ferrari next year?
How do you know CL is quicker? seen them in the same car? or you guessing? wasnt so long ago, GR was the commentators special little Mr Saturday lol

rijtuig
rijtuig

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
28 May 2024, 12:59
rijtuig wrote:
CHT wrote:
LH has always been the no. 1 poster boy in F1 even in his first season with Mclaren.

After tasted long string of unbroken successes it's natural for LH to struggle with this new reality of not having the media attentions due to lack of success on the track.

Moving to Ferrari may seems like the grass is greener on the other side but when LH get to the other side he will likely struggle in Ferrrari unless he is happy to just be Charles teammate within the team

Ferrari already have their postal boy Charles Lercler who is quick, popular, speaks fluent Italian, young and charming like a young prince without having to dress up like one.

To be hoesnt LH look pretty beaten both on and off track these days and considering how quick this new bred of esport F1 drivers are today, I think LH may not be able to regain back his confidence and dominate the sports like before. And it is not good for his legacy and mental wellbeing if he continues to be beaten by his teammate at Ferrari.
That washed up guy was third last year? LH will forever, and ever and ever live rent-free in many many minds.
If the season goes like this, Lewis is going to get beaten 2-1 by George. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound so good for a seven-time champion who is still supposed to be top driver.
What was your view on last year? That being said - are you betting your savings on George? I mean, it's still a long season #-o

RonMexico
RonMexico

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 May 2024, 13:09
Lewis doesn't care when he is given a rubbish car. See 2011. When the car's bandling imoroves he will start regularly beating Georg again. In fact watch those champion points. It's 16 more races to. It's far from over.
It was the second fastest car that season. He was erratic for whatever reason but the car could win races and take pole.

Mercedes as a whole has begun to implode after creaking and cracking since 2021. It is perfectly exemplified with the narrative around Antonelli which comes across as an act of desperation.

JordanMugen

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Lewis doesn't care when he is given a rubbish car.
The Mercedes is a really solid and competitive midpack car, not a "rubbish" backmarker and Mercedes expects maximum push for points. I like Russell's maximum attack approach, it's superb. Of course Russell should have already been promoted in 2020 to compete for the 2020 and 2021 WDCs. :)

RonMexico wrote:
28 May 2024, 15:47
Mercedes as a whole has begun to implode after creaking and cracking since 2021.
It's a really solid midpack car and Allison is happy and smiling about how well development is going, no? :)

cplchanb
cplchanb

JordanMugen wrote:
28 May 2024, 15:58
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Lewis doesn't care when he is given a rubbish car.
The Mercedes is a really solid and competitive midpack car, not a "rubbish" backmarker and Mercedes expects maximum push for points. I like Russell's maximum attack approach, it's superb. Of course Russell should have already been promoted in 2020 to compete for the 2020 and 2021 WDCs. :)

RonMexico wrote:
28 May 2024, 15:47
Mercedes as a whole has begun to implode after creaking and cracking since 2021.
It's a really solid midpack car and Allison is happy and smiling about how well development is going, no? :)
coming from 8 consecutive WCC and 7(8) WDC, to drop to midpack is for sure to merc and ham a "rubbish" car.
the expectation is to compete for wins, not points or even mere podiums. until that happens the car will always be flawed to them

Jurgen von Diaz

rijtuig wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
rijtuig wrote:
That washed up guy was third last year? LH will forever, and ever and ever live rent-free in many many minds.
If the season goes like this, Lewis is going to get beaten 2-1 by George. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound so good for a seven-time champion who is still supposed to be top driver.
What was your view on last year? That being said - are you betting your savings on George? I mean, it's still a long season #-o
Lewis was better last year. Also, the car was better. Yes, I think George is going to beat Lewis this season because of a lack of motivation and backup from Mercedes. Therefore, Lewis is going to leave from Mercedes 1-2 loss against George. That is pretty harsh for a top driver.

ringo

maygun wrote:
28 May 2024, 14:48
ringo wrote:
28 May 2024, 06:58
chrisc90 wrote:
27 May 2024, 13:03
Mercedes undercut chance was scuppered before even the outlap. If you look at the telemetry and the lap times for the in lap, and each out lap, if the positions were reversed, and Max was the one boxing to undercut, he would have done so pretty closely, even ignoring the outlap.

https://ibb.co/9cB80mC
https://ibb.co/Tq0ZBtc
https://ibb.co/TkJQkF2

Lap 50 - Which was Lewis' in-lap was a 1:35.209 (thats the lap that includes driving into the pitlane and box. And the stop itself presumibly).

Lap 51 - which was Max's in-lap was a 1:33.905 (again, the lap including the box and the stop) Which is 1.304 seconds faster over all, before any out-lap times were taken into account.

Closest Lewis was to Max during the start of his inlap 1.395 and actually increased to 1.6 to 1.8seconds on the actual inlap, rather than closing right up.

Lap 52, which was Lewis's out-lap was a 1:19.702

Lap 53 - which was Max's out-lap was a 1:18.724

Thats a difference of 0.978 across the out-laps (so basically a second).
If george backed up Max you can add lots of time to max's inlap. So Merc could have orchestrated ruining Max's race using both cars but didnt ask George for some reason.
If Redbull strategists are not stupid they would not decide the pit, the moment Max got back-up. I don't understand why this undercut discussion is stretched this much.
Then he would be passed on track by Hamilton.
Russel would hold him in dirty air and then feed him to Lewis on Fresh tyres.
Russel only survived Max because no one was in front of him. He had clean air and Max didnt.
For Sure!!

maygun
maygun

ringo wrote:
28 May 2024, 18:16
maygun wrote:
28 May 2024, 14:48
ringo wrote:
28 May 2024, 06:58

If george backed up Max you can add lots of time to max's inlap. So Merc could have orchestrated ruining Max's race using both cars but didnt ask George for some reason.
If Redbull strategists are not stupid they would not decide the pit, the moment Max got back-up. I don't understand why this undercut discussion is stretched this much.
Then he would be passed on track by Hamilton.
Russel would hold him in dirty air and then feed him to Lewis on Fresh tyres.
Russel only survived Max because no one was in front of him. He had clean air and Max didnt.
Max did not even create a slight problem for Russel, I think the whole race showed that with the pace people were doing even medium was holding well and passing even with a 3-4s pace difference is not possible.

ringo

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
28 May 2024, 16:57
rijtuig wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Lewis was better last year. Also, the car was better. Yes, I think George is going to beat Lewis this season because of a lack of motivation and backup from Mercedes. Therefore, Lewis is going to leave from Mercedes 1-2 loss against George. That is pretty harsh for a top driver.
Well it doesnt matter. Harsh in what sense?
It's not going to affect anything. 7 time champion driving for Ferrari. 18 years of F1 with a few dots here and there.. Doesnt change the price of rice in Zimbabwe.
Hamilton is not just a great. He is already a legend of the sport like Jackie Stewart. Meaning his reputation is beyond the sport itself.
2022 is as memorable as Button in 2011. Only Button and George will remind people they got more points. Even Nico has to remind the wirld he won in 2016. It's doesnt tip the scale in the grand scheme of things.
And again.. Lewis will have more points by end of year. Statistically this has happened every year in the last half.
For Sure!!

Jurgen von Diaz

ringo wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
rijtuig wrote:
It's not going to affect anything. 7 time champion driving for Ferrari. 18 years of F1 with a few dots here and there.. Doesnt change the price of rice in Zimbabwe.
Hamilton is not just a great. He is already a legend of the sport like Jackie Stewart. Meaning his reputation is beyond the sport itself.
2022 is as memorable as Button in 2011. Only Button and George will remind people they got more points. Even Nico has to remind the wirld he won in 2016. It's doesnt tip the scale in the grand scheme of things.
And again.. Lewis will have more points by end of year. Statistically this has happened every year in the last half.
'22 after summer break George scored 117pts and Lewis 94pts.

Lewis is the greatest of all time, but that has nothing to do with the present day. The future is now Verstappen, and Hamilton is the past, having not won since 2021 and struggling with Russell.

ringo

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
28 May 2024, 19:42
ringo wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

Lewis is the greatest of all time, but that has nothing to do with the present day. The future is now Verstappen, and Hamilton is the past, having not won since 2021 and struggling with Russell.
Struggling but still faster in the race. That's fine. If this is struggling then Perez is dying and Piastri and Sainz are on their death bed vs their teammates.
Come next year no one will remember this first half or 2022.
As for the team favoring George. I am in agreement with that by the way. Lewid just has to accept this fact. Merc must do what is in their best interest. Helping Lewis to be better than George makes no sense. Especially now. Their are a solid 4th place in the championship.
Vcarb and Aston pretty much have 1.5 drivers and George and Lewis results can cover them regardless of if Lewis is disadvantaged.
I hope Lewis keeps quiet and dont show any telemetry or push George off into the grass if things get frostier.
For Sure!!

Jurgen von Diaz

ringo wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
28 May 2024, 19:42
ringo wrote: Well it doesnt matter. Harsh in what sense?

Struggling but still faster in the race. That's fine. If this is struggling then Perez is dying and Piastri and Sainz are on their death bed vs their teammates.
Come next year no one will remember this first half or 2022.
As for the team favoring George. I am in agreement with that by the way. Lewid just has to accept this fact. Merc must do what is in their best interest. Helping Lewis to be better than George makes no sense. Especially now. Their are a solid 4th place in the championship.
Vcarb and Aston pretty much have 1.5 drivers and George and Lewis results can cover them regardless of if Lewis is disadvantaged.
I hope Lewis keeps quiet and dont show any telemetry or push George off into the grass if things get frostier.
Well, I can't say this season has been great for Lewis so far. When you're talking about next year, he will have his hands full with Leclerc, who is in his prime and Ferrari's golden boy.

ringo

Leclerc will be difficult to beat in qualifying. But i feel the Ferrari will be more like the McLarens Lewis has driven in the past. Good ride over kerbs.
The other thing is the W15 development. I Think merc are showing positive improvements. The high speed in Monaco looiks good.
The W16 can potentially be just as good or better than the SF25. It is unlikely but possible.
For Sure!!

zibby43
zibby43

kenshi_blind wrote:
28 May 2024, 16:52
I can't help but laugh at how these last few pages look like a graveyard to me ..so many hidden posts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Same. Better than the alternative, I suppose?

Chuckjr

CHT wrote:

Spot on post there mate. Well said. I’m convinced his move to Ferrari will be a disaster for both. Plus the fact he just gives up when he doesn’t have a competitive car, and openly stops trying while not caring anymore renders his lack of character, sour attitude, and team disloyalty. Nothing new tho. He’s always been that way.
Watching F1 since 1986.