2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

dialtone wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 17:48
Here we go the telemetry:

LEC v VER

https://i.imgur.com/lB2zN9w.jpeg

* Very surprising Ferrari gaining time in Maggotts and Becketts despite a smaller rear wing, although Chapel was worse for LEC.
* Charles really totally bottled S3, huge mistake that lost him basically 0.5s in a single corner (you can see that he lost the rear in his onboard).
* Overall till that last piece of S3 the lap was very very close, within 0.1s.

LEC v NOR

https://i.imgur.com/VfAWCsT.jpeg

* Here's one of the people taking advantage of that terrible S3 from Charles.
* McLaren lost ages in the straights but gained back in the corners.

good stuff, I think this is progress for Ferrari despite the errors in S3.
Thank you for the analysis as always dialtone!!! I am really pleased that pole may have been on the cards in what was supposed to be a circuit that we were predicted to struggle at originally. The updates have fixed the high speed corner deficit seemingly, now just to find the race pace to catch up to RB... easier said than done but the team has done a lot to inspire confidence in a potential race win come the end of the season if the updates keep coming.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Vinlarr89 wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 17:56
Guys. This is what we want. It’s called racing! Leclerc pushed, made an error that probably cost him pole. On another day he gets it. Ferrari still in a good place for the race tomorrow. Just concerned the small wing might compromise tyre deg
Agreed, Charles is at his best when he fights with the limit to give the best possible result. Sometime he goes a little over, but P2 is still on the cards anyways! I think that Ferrari found a setup overnight that was supposed to help a lot in the deg but we will see tomorrow obviously. I am excited for the rest of the season to see if we can catch up and develop a strong base for 2024.

jambuka
jambuka

Anyone has race pace comparison Ferrari vs Mercedes vs McLaren ? Seems like Ferrari was bad yesterday.

scuderiabrandon

scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 16:16
So many issues with Ferrari PU this weekend

LEC,ZHO,MAG

make that 4 +BOT

not PU related then.

scuderiabrandon

jambuka wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 18:11
Anyone has race pace comparison Ferrari vs Mercedes vs McLaren ? Seems like Ferrari was bad yesterday.
Yes it seemed that way on the Medium tyre. The conditions weren't representitive of tomorrow by the looks of it. We know the Ferrari is very condition sensitive.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SoulPancake13 wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 16:31
Jeez, two PU failures for Ferrari customers... hoping no problems for the works team
It's said that Alfa Romeo ran their car out of fuel.

Vanja #66

dialtone wrote:

LEC v VER

* Very surprising Ferrari gaining time in Maggotts and Becketts despite a smaller rear wing, although Chapel was worse for LEC.
* Charles really totally bottled S3, huge mistake that lost him basically 0.5s in a single corner (you can see that he lost the rear in his onboard).
* Overall till that last piece of S3 the lap was very very close, within 0.1s.

LEC v NOR

https://i.imgur.com/VfAWCsT.jpeg

* Here's one of the people taking advantage of that terrible S3 from Charles.
* McLaren lost ages in the straights but gained back in the corners.

good stuff, I think this is progress for Ferrari despite the errors in S3.
Brilliant stuff as always man, love it! :D :D :D If they don't mess it with strategy and one of them doesn't make a mess in race, Ferrari should have a decent chance for a double podium in the race. McLarens will be easy targets on straights.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

scuderiabrandon

IntrinsicVoid wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 18:40
Found on Reddit.

<iframe src="https://www.veed.io/embed/782becb2-0c2e ... d6bd2a659a" width="744" height="504" frameborder="0" title="ssstwitter.com_1688833814718" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
Brother just cannot stick to a pre session agreements. They both get there chances to lead. He was complaining about having to go offline for 2 seconds in the pitlane :lol:

ing.

scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 16:16
So many issues with Ferrari PU this weekend

LEC,ZHO,MAG

make that 4 +BOT
As noted, BOT was for running out of fuel, but let’s not forget HUL’s failure last week. Maybe why Ferrari changed MGU-Ks on both cars?

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

A quick note, but Charles said that the car was too oversteery because he went too aggressive with the front wing. Nice to see that the car is not a boat anymore : )

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

That setup may pay dividend for the race pace though….

scuderiabrandon

30% chance of rain at the race start tommorrow. That could throw a spanner into the works if it does come down. It looks like it will be warmer than today, still 4-5^C lower than Friday though. McLaren were particularly competitive in cold/green track conditons, so maybe the slightly warmer climate will play into our hands in terms of thermal degredation of the tyre. They will be vulnerable on the straights. NOR is an aggressive defender, he knows his race isn't with the RB and will defend hard, important to attack early.

-PIA (10L) was about 0.2s off on his soft tyre race sim in comparison to SAI (9L) with a similar stint length. I doubt this tyre will be raced tho.
-Medium did not look particulalry good for SAI in FP2. RB looked solid on them albeit short stints, it is expected anyways.
-NOR looked quick on the hard tyre but no one to compare to other than STR/GAS.
-In my opinion the hard will be the better tyre come race day.
-MB did their long runs in FP1 (I believe) so nothing to compare to from FP2 timings I have. I think its fair to expect them to be good on the tyres though.

I *presume* there will be a pre-race agreement to not attack eachother early, and rather focus on catching the Maccas and putting some daylight between themselves and MB. It only seems logical. Let's hope they get followed accordingly.

Z-one
Z-one

according to previous experience in 2021 and 2022, I found that a car have relatively lower power and higher downforce even bad balance may enjoy their first stint, longer and lower degration than expected, for example Charles in 2021 and lewis in 2022. With higher fuel , car may slow their speed in corner and lower their tyre degration, while car with larger power may be a curse for tyre degration.
So I think it may be very hard for ferrari drivers to push their pace to overtake drivers in mcl. and I think if possible, the second stint may have some opportunity because with the fuel consumption, speed in curve may increase the slide and thus increase tyre consumption
The mankind’s courage and resolution will be witnessed and remembered by stars.

Juzh

dialtone wrote:

LEC v VER

Why is it surprising? These two corners are flat out and ferrari just carries their higher speed with the lower wing. Higher wing on RB is working in chapel. To me it all seems very logical.

What isn't logical is how leclerc thinks he was in a fight for pole. He wasn't. He lost at most 2,5 tenths in stowe, and that would mean matching verstappen's pace trough there which he wasn't ever gonna do with lower wing. A tenth was maybe gone in brooklands but Verstappen also didn't hit the apex there and didn't have the perfect lap if we're doing it in this hypothetical way.
P2 was reasonable, pole not so much. Required perfect lap from Lec and mistakes from Verstappen.