2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Waz
Waz

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Or maybe Andy Green was very good at his job and organising in-season development.

I remember Force India often having fewer updates but always a late season update that really improved the car.

Getting rid of a guy who spent years getting good returns from a small budget during a budget cap era probably wasn't so smart.

diffuser

Waz wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 10:16
Or maybe Andy Green was very good at his job and organising in-season development.

I remember Force India often having fewer updates but always a late season update that really improved the car.

Getting rid of a guy who spent years getting good returns from a small budget during a budget cap era probably wasn't so smart.
Green was technical director and not CTO. He wasn't fired, he's still with AMR. He changed jobs to CTO.

https://f1i.com/news/466145-andrew-gree ... artin.html

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

diffuser wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 11:56
Waz wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 10:16

Green was technical director and not CTO. He wasn't fired, he's still with AMR. He changed jobs to CTO.

https://f1i.com/news/466145-andrew-gree ... artin.html
Non-F1 role though, except that's just for the books
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

-wkst-
-wkst-

SSJ4
SSJ4

Weird that mercedes can do it but we can’t. Crazy how quick mclaren are without it

KimiRai
KimiRai

Spanish journalist Carlos Miquel claims that Aston is working on radical changes to the car that could arrive in September. Apparently they are taking inspiration from "more powerful rival cars".

SSJ4
SSJ4

Im fine with that considering we took the concept of water slides to the extreme first then mclaren copied it and refined it more. Im assuming the new wind tunnel will be operational by then?

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
31 May 2024, 23:30
-wkst- wrote:
31 May 2024, 23:20
There are too many names circulating. AMR must be in real troubles and Stroll lost all patience.
Yes, those are my thoughts as well.

Vanja #66 wrote:
31 May 2024, 22:16
Why chase Cardille if Newey is coming?
Good point

As " head of the Chassis Area" he must know a thing or 2 about rear suspensions and gearboxes ?

Nikosar
Nikosar

FIA allegedly asked Mercedes to deliver their factory fuel pump to compare with pump used McLaren.

According to Leclrec after Imola " they are doing something wired with the energy "( McLaren and Red bull )

KimiRai
KimiRai

KimiRai wrote:
03 Jun 2024, 14:33
Spanish journalist Carlos Miquel claims that Aston is working on radical changes to the car that could arrive in September. Apparently they are taking inspiration from "more powerful rival cars".
If the info is true then it would be after the summer break. September GPs: Monza, Baku and Singapore
Last edited by KimiRai on 03 Jun 2024, 15:35, edited 7 times in total.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Canada can be good race for Aston if they find the right operational car window

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
03 Jun 2024, 15:21
KimiRai wrote:
If the info is true then it would be after the summer break. September GPs: Monza, Baku and Singapore
Radical and "taking inspiration from more powerful rival cars" is a contradiction. If you're taking from your rivals, then you're not radically different. The car looks alot like the other cars so this sounds like an exaggeration to me. With all the great pictures of the underneath of the floors on these cars going around, I can see how they can use those to inspire changes to a new floor.

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser wrote:
03 Jun 2024, 15:49
KimiRai wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
Radical and "taking inspiration from more powerful rival cars" is a contradiction. If you're taking from your rivals, then you're not radically different. The car looks alot like the other cars so this sounds like an exaggeration to me. With all the great pictures of the underneath of the floors on these cars going around, I can see how they can use those to inspire changes to a new floor.
Maybe radical as in taking a step further, who knows. (also I wonder how he got this info)

Nikosar
Nikosar

diffuser wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
Maybe it is just Dan Fallows thinking about using new terms to avoid using "New Aggressive package", now it is "Radical change" :D :D

-wkst-
-wkst-

KimiRai wrote:
03 Jun 2024, 15:55
diffuser wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

Maybe radical as in taking a step further, who knows. (also I wonder how he got this info)
But he is the guy who was more or less always right about AMR the last months? Is this correct?

Gonna be a long long time until the summer break and something is totally wrong with this car if they need months to cure the problems.