Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Pilatus

Re: Ferrari SF15-T Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

Crash structure sticking out.

F-14T didn't have that.

Sidepods seems a bit narrower at least.

Excuse me on my nonexistent Photoshop skills. :mrgreen:

View angle is not the same, but front suspension geometry difference is clearly visible.

:oops:

Vasconia

I wouldnt say that Ferrari and Mclaren noses are the same, I think Ferrari´s is still ugly. But the car looks better shaped and more refined.

I think that Allison´s low profile suggets that he is more focused on 2016 season´s car which will be his baby.

emmepi27
emmepi27

Mercedes W05's style front suspension

outsid3r

this looks somewhat interesting (and innovative?) horizontal grills which seem to channel air to the vertical ones from within the spoiler

thedutchguy

Advino116 wrote:
My mind can't comprehend how much longer the Ferrari is compared to the McLaren. And this comparison is with the Ferrari on a slightly smaller scale then McLaren...
The McLaren hasn't been photographed straight from the top. Have a look at the difference in sizes between the front and the back wheels. Makes is really difficult to compare the two.

CBeck113
CBeck113

The pic from the McL was taken above the nose - you can see into the engine air intake, so the actual distance to the rear is distorted - I don't think it will be as bad as it looks here.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

poolboy67

Advino116 wrote:
My mind can't comprehend how much longer the Ferrari is compared to the McLaren. And this comparison is with the Ferrari on a slightly smaller scale then McLaren...
it just looks that way because the camera on the mclaren picture is slightly angled and more closer to the front of the car.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

Sevach
Sevach

Merc style lower wishbone.

kakogohrena
kakogohrena

Pedrolito

stefan_
stefan_

Last edited by stefan_ on 30 Jan 2015, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

CBeck113
CBeck113

I just saw this on the diffusor edges:

That I don't remember seeing on other cars - the edge of the diffusor has been straight over the entire width on all ohter cars...hmmm...
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

dobbster71

erlik wrote:
dobbster71 wrote:
erlik wrote:Hope it will be more reliable than Alfas.
Couldn't resist regurgitating that old cliché, eh?!?!
Sorry for off-topic. Unfortunately I own Alfa so I talk from my experience :(

Yeah, this ferrari seems long. Would be interesting to have comparison of all cars.
You must be unlucky. The Alfa's that I've owned (& continue to own) have been nigh on perfect :)
WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen

jonaliew
jonaliew

poolboy67 wrote:i wonder why Allison seems a little low on the interview. he also seems to slightly avoid answering the the questions.
but his talks definetly point towards 2016. good good good.
I think JA was being the pragmatic guy he is. He is not over promising. But he is telling the viewers SF have address the core of the issues that disappointed us.

We couldn't expect an entire overhaul. But what needed to be work on was the engine trouble we had. The weight issue, etc. So it feels like priority went into it with room for him to aerodynamically improve.

Agreed that 2016 will be his baby and his shining horse. But if the SF15T works out as planned this year, I can't imagine what will happen in 2016 (I am prepared for the worst still).

Wait till Jerez ... Hopefully there is no sandbanging by putting less fuel this round...