F1 2019 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PhillipM
PhillipM

Re: F1 2019 Pre-Season Testing Thread

LM10 wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:23
Sky concluded that Hamilton couldn’t overtake Kvyat despite new regulations. Most idiotic conclusion of the day so far (out of many other ridiculous stuff there).
Then Hamilton blows past him shortly after...

Xero

LM10 wrote:
Sky concluded that Hamilton couldn’t overtake Kvyat despite new regulations. Most idiotic conclusion of the day so far (out of many other ridiculous stuff there).
They also said let's wait and see with some proper racing. The coverage is not all bad, although Chandhok sure does love to talk nonsense... :roll:

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

LM10 wrote:
Their commentary sounds like something you'd hear on Disney junior, with all due respect to Disney junior.
Last edited by Ground Effect on 18 Feb 2019, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

GPR-A

Finally, Lewis pulled off the overtake on Kvyat, without DRS! While being on C2 and Kvyat on C4. :D

Sierra117

Yeah this is what I meant by the commentary being the kind to drive one up the wall. Like seriously, I had a nice "clever girl" face watching Lewis following Kvyat and then I heard the commentary /facepalm.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

bauc

GPR -A wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:29
Finally, Lewis pulled off the overtake on Kvyat, without DRS! While being on C2 and Kvyat on C4. :D
It was fun while it lasted :)
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Big Mangalhit

PhillipM wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:26
Big Mangalhit wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:21
Just a reminder that Vettel already made a faster lap than Mercedes did in 2018's tests, even tho they won the championship after the tests.
Not entirely surprising given we have bigger, more efficient front and rear wings this year, even with the loss of some outwash, plus the usual developments, and more powerful DRS.
REally you think the new rules are faster? I imagine one year development might make the cars faster.
But lemme ask you in another way. If teams could choose to compete under 2018 ou 2019 rules which one would you think would be best? I for once think that the extra crazy frontwings with multiple profiles is better in overall pace.

OFC vettel is faster than merc last testing cause they didn't do a single flying lap all winter. Douchebags :lol:

etusch

TwanV wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 17:40
GPR -A wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 17:37
dans79 wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 17:09
Is it just me or is Merc pulling the same bs as last year where they aren't even going to attempt to set a fast lap?
They should atleast check if their DRS is working! Last winter testing, they did not even bother about ordering Ultras and Hypers. The whole day, they have been pounding around with C2.
And had zero problems with tires for the rest of the season? :lol: I don't think they'll make the same mistake again if they can help it.
During last season they decided to use all compound if I don't remember wrong. So not zero problem.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Big Mangalhit wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:33
REally you think the new rules are faster? I imagine one year development might make the cars faster.
But lemme ask you in another way. If teams could choose to compete under 2018 ou 2019 rules which one would you think would be best? I for once think that the extra crazy frontwings with multiple profiles is better in overall pace.

OFC vettel is faster than merc last testing cause they didn't do a single flying lap all winter. Douchebags :lol:

If they'd had years of development on both concepts and weren't paying out to redo their aero...then this years.

SiLo

Unverified but this is apparently from Williams employees:
I've spoken with three Williams personnel (two are trackside, one is factory based) and here are the facts about missing T1:

Parts were 'released' too late to be manufactured on-time and that's the only reason we're missing T1 D1. The missing parts are composite so they are possibly suspension or bodywork related but I wasn't told exactly...and didn't ask. When she/he said the parts were not 'released', they mean the part was not approved and sent out as a full scale model which is then taken to the composite laminators or machining group for manufacture.
Overall morale in the team is "low af". "We're being worked like dogs, treated like ---, and HR is a --- joke"
"We're often wondering who's in charge around here"
Felipe Baby!

ajprice
ajprice

Sainz on C4 supersofts does a 1:18.5, 0.4 off Vettel's time this morning on C3 softs.

TAG

Big Mangalhit wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:33
But lemme ask you in another way. If teams could choose to compete under 2018 ou 2019 rules which one would you think would be best?
Duh of course 2018 because it would have saved them a boatload of money in developing new solutions to the same problems. :mrgreen:
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

SiLo wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:44
Unverified but this is apparently from Williams employees:
I've spoken with three Williams personnel (two are trackside, one is factory based) and here are the facts about missing T1:

Parts were 'released' too late to be manufactured on-time and that's the only reason we're missing T1 D1. The missing parts are composite so they are possibly suspension or bodywork related but I wasn't told exactly...and didn't ask. When she/he said the parts were not 'released', they mean the part was not approved and sent out as a full scale model which is then taken to the composite laminators or machining group for manufacture.
Overall morale in the team is "low af". "We're being worked like dogs, treated like ---, and HR is a --- joke"
"We're often wondering who's in charge around here"
Sounds like it's time to organize a couple of Fredo bars...
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

epo
epo

ajprice wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 18:45
Sainz on C4 supersofts does a 1:18.5, 0.4 off Vettel's time this morning on C3 softs.
Yes glory runs as usual for McLaren.

Capharol
Capharol

and how is the general opinion after the 1st testday?