2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Let's not forget that the lap preparation for SQ pole was a bit messy due to the late exit, maybe tyres were not in perfect window hence the "small" gap to Norris (who exited the pit earlier and could prepare better the lap); it's possible that the real gap was bigger also in SQ.

TNTHead

gandharva wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 00:50
This car cant ride curbs! Max: Hold my beer.
I suspect they (also) have worked on their suspension setup. It is not impropable that they have found a better optimum without updating parts.

Dunlay
Dunlay

TNTHead wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 09:11
gandharva wrote:
I suspect they (also) have worked on their suspension setup. It is not impropable that they have found a better optimum without updating parts.
They recently tested RB19 in Silverstone to understand this behaviour. It might have helped get some insights that has contributed to the car getting better on suspension now.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

Dunlay wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 09:33
TNTHead wrote:
gandharva wrote:
They recently tested RB19 in Silverstone to understand this behaviour. It might have helped get some insights that has contributed to the car getting better on suspension now.
In Imola right, not Silverstone? Or both?

Dunlay
Dunlay

SirBastianVettel wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 09:35
Dunlay wrote:
TNTHead wrote:

In Imola right, not Silverstone? Or both?
You are right. It's Imola. My bad.

Sergej
Sergej

...and it was RB18

Wouter

Dunlay wrote:
TNTHead wrote:
gandharva wrote:
Max can't still ride the high curbs. He said it will take a while before the can change that. Here are no high curbs anymore.
Maybe one or two.
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Where is the next track that has pretty large kerbs?

Silverstone
Hungary
Spa
Zandvoort
Monza
Baku
Singapore
CoTA
Mexico
Brazil
Vegas
Qatar
Abu Dhabi

Sergej
Sergej

Austria kerbs are very different from Monaco/Montreal ones, you don't cut them, rather you lie on them "laterally" for a long ride, I think this is not a big problem for RB20; I think main problem is when you have to cut a high kerb which gives the car a big hit, something the super stiff suspension of RB20 can't absorb.

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 10:32
Where is the next track that has pretty large kerbs?

Silverstone
Hungary
Spa
Zandvoort
Monza
Baku
Singapore
CoTA
Mexico
Brazil
Vegas
Qatar
Abu Dhabi
Spa has some but should be okay as lap is long enough for other places to make the difference. Monza has T1. Baku doesn't have curbs but a lot of bumps.

Singapore-COTA-Mexico will be a tough run in terms of curbs and bumps

As for today, Perez should start on hards to give data for Max's stint

Wouter

David Couldhard: "On such a compact circuit, creating a four-tenths gap with runner-up Lando Norris: truly unprecedented."

And Red Bull's team boss Christian Horner then has some more bad news for the competition.
According to him, his racing team also focused mainly on Sunday's race when setting up the car.

“I am very surprised by this difference. Four tenths on this circuit, that means a second difference on a circuit like Spa-Francorchamps, or perhaps more," said Red Bull's top advisor Helmut Marko.
“And in the set-up we indeed focused mainly on Sunday's race. The car worked from the first lap on Friday. That helped us enormously.

But we thought this would be thousandths of a second. Four tenths, that's incredibly impressive. Every lap of his on fresh rubber would have been good enough for pole position.

Max has made the difference here again. This is a huge boost for the team.”
0.4 sec on this circuit is 0.8/0.9 sec on an average circuit. Perez was 0.888 sec behind Max!! What would that be on another circuit?!
The Power of Dreams!

TNTHead

Wouter wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 13:03
David Couldhard: "On such a compact circuit, creating a four-tenths gap with runner-up Lando Norris: truly unprecedented."

And Red Bull's team boss Christian Horner then has some more bad news for the competition.
According to him, his racing team also focused mainly on Sunday's race when setting up the car.

“I am very surprised by this difference. Four tenths on this circuit, that means a second difference on a circuit like Spa-Francorchamps, or perhaps more," said Red Bull's top advisor Helmut Marko.
“And in the set-up we indeed focused mainly on Sunday's race. The car worked from the first lap on Friday. That helped us enormously.

But we thought this would be thousandths of a second. Four tenths, that's incredibly impressive. Every lap of his on fresh rubber would have been good enough for pole position.

Max has made the difference here again. This is a huge boost for the team.”
0.4 sec on this circuit is 0.8/0.9 sec on an average circuit. Perez was 0.888 sec behind Max!! What would that be on another circuit?!
Thats 1.25% slower over 1 lap (65.0/64.2). That would mean 1.1 s slower @ Silverstone next week. In that case he will be at risk in Q1 (which he also was last year).

Emag
Emag

Max literally using his car to block as if he is in a Formula 1 game online lobby.

Well done RedBull

Dunlay
Dunlay

Wouter wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 09:13
Dunlay wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 05:57
venkyhere wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 18:02

:mrgreen:

I still think this weekend is McLaren's. Both cars did mistakes in their final SQ3 lap. Expecting P3 in sprint for Max. Unless Russel does a terrorism move and causes a DNF. The drivers I most fear in F1 are Magnussen, Ocon and Russel. Daredevils.
If Red Bull didn't manage to build championship winning cars or Mercedes didn't lose the dominance,
Max would still be taking cars out and have a far bigger crash record than anyone else on the grid.
You probably would have added Max at the front of that list. :lol:
of
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: #-o
:lol: Didn't I tell you.
Last edited by Dunlay on 30 Jun 2024, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

Indeed this team did a breakthrough on many levels. :lol: