2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10
NAPI10

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

I like the confidence & aggressive approach =D> =D> -
https://www.planetf1.com/news/aston-mar ... rs-target/

-wkst-
-wkst-

According to "simulations" AMR will only be 5th fastest team (Albert Fabrega).

issey
issey

-wkst- wrote:
14 Sep 2023, 16:42
This simulations are nonsense, they haven’t tested new parts didnt make one lap on the new layout and they talk about where they are, Aston Martin themselves probably don’t know where they are. This simulations are complete irrelevant

diffuser

issey wrote:
14 Sep 2023, 17:14
-wkst- wrote:
This simulations are nonsense, they haven’t tested new parts didnt make one lap on the new layout and they talk about where they are, Aston Martin themselves probably don’t know where they are. This simulations are complete irrelevant
Who simulations?

Zynerji

issey wrote:
-wkst- wrote:
I bet the teams know within 3 tenths of what their lap will be.

diffuser

Zynerji wrote:
14 Sep 2023, 17:37
issey wrote:
-wkst- wrote:
I bet the teams know within 3 tenths of what their lap will be.
So + or - .3. Which means one team can exceed by .3 and another team under achieve by .3 ...total of .6. Last year, that was good enough to go from 1st to 5th in Quali! I'm sure it will be even closer this year.

issey
issey

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

-wkst- wrote:
From considering this track would be one of the strongest like Monaco and a potential challenge for victory again to 5th fastest, that's quite of a big gap.

organic

jofs89
jofs89

-wkst- wrote:
I'd be very surprised if they are 5th fastest. I reckon Alonso will be in the fight for the podium.

-wkst-
-wkst-

I am just the courier of the message, wouldn't even post it, if it didn't come from such a well respected journalist (and he has his infos from a team for sure...).

"updates will arrive at friday morning":
"Even though the European leg of the season has finished, we're still bringing parts to the car. It's not as easy to bring those parts to the track for flyaway races and we have to account for delivery time, but we will have late freight that arrives to the track all the way until Friday morning – sometimes spares of updated parts arrive even later than that. It can be a real logistical challenge and some countries are harder to deliver to than others – but it's all well planned for."
"Lost in translation" I would say once again. They didn't talk about Singapore in specific, just their update plans for the rest of the flyaway races and how late those new parts can arrive...

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
15 Sep 2023, 07:40
I am just the courier of the message, wouldn't even post it, if it didn't come from such a well respected journalist (and he has his infos from a team for sure...).

"updates will arrive at friday morning":
"Even though the European leg of the season has finished, we're still bringing parts to the car. It's not as easy to bring those parts to the track for flyaway races and we have to account for delivery time, but we will have late freight that arrives to the track all the way until Friday morning – sometimes spares of updated parts arrive even later than that. It can be a real logistical challenge and some countries are harder to deliver to than others – but it's all well planned for."
"Lost in translation" I would say once again. They didn't talk about Singapore in specific, just their update plans for the rest of the flyaway races and how late those new parts can arrive...
For all I know, because of logistics, the car that arrives is assembled to start the marketing and crew training activities where the setup is not important and overnight the parts from the factory arrive to prepare the car for fp1 etc.‎‎
It is just that Aston have a well scheduled supply chain (like other teams) and don't need to rush on everything.

issey
issey

Aston Martin upgrades for Singapore according to the FIA pre-event document: Rear Corner Deflectors…no new front wing

-wkst-
-wkst-

Only rear corner deflectors in the update list, once again quite disappointing.

And once again an own goal for a lot of journalists who reported for weeks about this new front wing. Curiously guys like Schmidt or Fabrega did not. =D>

issey
issey

Does anyone know how strictly the teams have to put new parts in there, could it be that they have done something special with the front wing so they don't have to list it in the document?