2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I wonder what they learned in Austria.

Cassius
Cassius

chrisc90 wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 12:19
I missed that news. Where was stated they learned something in Austria on the car?

Paa

Cassius wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 12:38
chrisc90 wrote:
I missed that news. Where was stated they learned something in Austria on the car?
I don't think this was officially stated.
After the sprint, RedBull made some changes and based on how Max performed at qualy, then it was speculated that they might have found a sweet spot.
However, seeing how the race went, it is doubtful that they have found a silver bullet.

I think the performance of the 2nd car is a better indicator, than an outstanding result from Max. So when Perez gets back to his early season form, regularly fighting for podiums, then I'll know they got their mojo back.

Speaking of which. Anybody has any info about the nature of the Silverstone upgrade that Marko just hinted/confirmed?
Is it just the usual refining of floor/bodywork? Or maybe they will fiddle with suspension? Or have a shot at flexiwings?

Bill
Bill

venkyhere wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 10:43
CjC wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 10:12
I feel Red Bull have an advantage in high speed corners and top end straight line speed- a great combo for Silverstone.
Marko has confirmed car updates for Silverstone as well as a previous member had posted.
But I agree, the deg could bring Mclaren back into play towards the end of the stints
But for out right speed I think it’ll be all Red Bull.

There is a pattern of 'fastest in the early part of the race, then even-out in the middle, then become slower than Mclaren - all due to the car not keeping tyres optimum as fuel load comes down' , and it has been consistently that way, on a variety of tracks of late (ever since Japan, I think).
This could be a fundamental baked-in problem of the RB20 and can't be 'solved once and for all' within the season, I think :

venkyhere wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 09:17
Deg was indeed bad for RB20 yesterday. What confuses me even more is the explanation for the 'setup-change' between Sprint and Quali, made by Marko+Horner - "it was for race pace".

The notion that it's the aero-imposed stiff suspension that causes accelerated tyre wear, seems more likely, with every passing race.

Full tank fuel + aero load => the total pre-loading in the springs is keeping the tyres happy when subjected to varying impacts from the road - bumps, dips and kerbs. The moment fuel load is removed, the total preloading becomes lesser and springs are way too stiff to keep the tyres happy in relation to the varying impacts from the load => glaringly evident in slow speed ckts like Monaco, the chicane kerbs in Imola/Canada etc - tyres aren't pressed back enough into the ground during rebound, even resulting in actual bouncing ("jumping like kangaroo"). This doesn't affect in high speed corners even if kerb riding is involved, as the pre-loading is back to necessary levels thanks to the aero-press at high speed.

And because the stiffness of suspension is imposed due to floor design and ride -height windows, this might not be something that can be solved by 'development' - this very likely is a baked-in limitation coming from the RB19-->RB20 design change.

Just a theory.
slower than mclaren at the end ? mclaren didnt close that 7 second gap on merit they did it by exploiting redbull corkup in the pitbox.Max last stint was on used tires .drs and illegal track limits gave norris an unfair advantage.if the steward were quick to penalise Norris on his ontrack infringement then Max would have driven differently and an incident would have been avoided.they is a little machinasation on their part for the sake of show

chrisc90

Cassius wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 12:38
chrisc90 wrote:
In markos interview above.

Unless they learned from their mistakes about tyre choice and pit stops

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I think the car will be strong in S2 but carry a bit of understeer in the longer radius corners like copse (t15) and stowe (t9). DRS zones should be strong in qualy as well. I'm less sure about the low speed stuff.

Sergej
Sergej

He also reposted the tweet in which he spoke about the major update being postponed after Barcelona, so I guess we may be in for finally see what this upgrade is.

chrisc90

Marko confirmed a Silverstone update coming.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

chrisc90 wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 20:28
Marko confirmed a Silverstone update coming.
An update, or the update?

Sergej
Sergej

Marko said there will be an upgrade, the bit from DrObbs is interesting because it suggests it could be the major one, we will see.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

If there are updates then I can only see the rear wing, engine cover, and floor being areas that have not been touched recently. Sidepods have been revised twice, the last just 2 races ago.

JordanMugen

Paa wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 13:20
I think the performance of the 2nd car is a better indicator, than an outstanding result from Max. So when Perez gets back to his early season form, regularly fighting for podiums, then I'll know they got their mojo back.
Do Red Bull - Honda fans even want that though? :?:

"We" have got plenty of win statistics for Red Bull Racing and even Honda RBPT (Honda has little chance to catch Renault any time soon anyway, so it's actually kind of neat to have Honda, RBPT, Honda RBPT and Mugen Honda all on the engine victories statistics list).

So don't we prefer to see close races up front? :)

If Perez is up front, then Verstappen is likely way out in front which is kind of boring as (arguably) RBR-Honda have won plenty of routine victories now.

chrisc90 wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 21:51
Max aint gonna roll out the red carpet for someone to overtake for the lead really is he?
It would seem not!

It seems Max races with "if you're not first, you're last", instead of waving Norris past and collecting points for a solid P2 (to be fair Norris could have similarly consolidated a solid P2). :lol:

All jolly amusing! 8)

chrisc90

JordanMugen wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 21:59
chrisc90 wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 21:51
Max aint gonna roll out the red carpet for someone to overtake for the lead really is he?
It would seem not!

It seems Max races with "if you're not first, you're last", instead of waving Norris past and collecting points for a solid P2 (to be fair Norris could have similarly consolidated a solid P2). :lol:

All jolly amusing! 8)
Its a proper drivers/champions mentality though. Max is there to drive the car, and he is there to win. 2nd place isnt good enough in the eyes of Max.

Its like the interviewer asked him something along the lines of, "your leading the championship by 80 points, do you not think you could have settled for 2nd?"

"I could have stayed at home also instead. I'm not here for 2nd place, im here to win,"

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-i-m ... ustrian-gp

Its a mindset that not many other drivers have. Something Lando needs to learn if he wants to ever become WDC.

chrisc90

Rikhart
Rikhart

chrisc90 wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 22:09

Its a mindset that not many other drivers have. Something Lando needs to learn if he wants to ever become WDC.
It's not something you learn, you have it or you don't. Norris at the moment is destroyed psychologically, you could see the Barcelona race result, in which he had a very good car advantage, was very heavy for him.