2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Evo2racer
Evo2racer

Re: 2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

ringo wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 20:17
Redbull could have poled easily but decided the run higher wing instead. I think at this stage they are just playing around and trying stuff.
They will win with Max. He will clear up to Georg by lap 10.
George does have a chance of winning if Max get knocked out of the race.
I am not vrry confident in Ferrari for some reason. I just see it hard for Leclerc to win.

Lewis and Sainz may try something different but only a safety car can help them.
You said it all thanks for it…

It’s funny cause these are facts but some people won’t agree!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Zynerji wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 23:54
organic wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 22:26
I'm expecting soft/medium for Verstappen tbh
When was the last 1 stopper?

This will be another 2-3 so race for everyone.
2019 was a 1 stopper. 2021 was a 1 stopper.

organic

Zynerji wrote:
organic wrote:

You lose more time in the pitlane at Monza compared to other tracks due to the much higher average speed

This season we've had a lot of 2-3 stoppers rather than 1s, but honestly just look at some of the long runs max/alonso did and you'll see there was basically no degradation on the mediums.

Zynerji

organic wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 02:01
Zynerji wrote:
organic wrote:

You lose more time in the pitlane at Monza compared to other tracks due to the much higher average speed

This season we've had a lot of 2-3 stoppers rather than 1s, but honestly just look at some of the long runs max/alonso did and you'll see there was basically no degradation on the mediums.
Any race with a safety car will change that.

mendis
mendis

:D

Swed3121
Swed3121

Any further update on Leclerc’s grid penalty?
Can’t imagine RB / merc won’t protest his track limits breach in Q1

ringo

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 05:45
BlueCheetah66 wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 22:07
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 21:49

on almost every circuit RB have had higher straight line speed and less tyre degradation then Ferrari For eg.. Miami Leclerc drove a near perfect race but was a sitting duck when Max chased him and over took him like a cakewalk. thanks to speed advantage.

only circuits that had more slow / medium corners were least on paper supposed to suit Ferrari ,

but reality is if one weights in two respective advantages faster corner speed vs faster stright line speed+ low tyre degradation we all know where the balace shifts. you guys just dont want to admit a blunt fact.
If you were to eliminate all Ferrari strategy errors the gap from Leclerc to Verstappen would be 54, it would be 29 if you were to eliminate Leclercs blunders in Imola and France. I am not denying that the Red Bull has been the faster car on average across the season by any means, but to say that the RB18 is a dominant car as some have suggested is not correct. Now it may turn out that from now until the end of the season Red Bull go on a run and by the end of the season it could be said that the RB18 is a dominant car, but to come to that conclusion now is a bit premature

See nobody in this Galaxy is denying Ferrari hasn't Fu*ked up , repeating it n million time does not make sense.

you just said leclerc should only be 29 points behind and then you also said they had equal car for many races. even by your logic if we remove both teams mistakes/DNFs, With equal car and 8 poles Charles should have been miles ahead not 29 points behind.

to sum it up we have seen enough proof , there have been enough races where max has won without pole or started from 3rd,10th,14th etc and went on to win it , even in the free practice specialy the long run simulations which is mostly indicative of race setup its always Max with quickest time. You are simply denying a Fact.
George notices the trend as well. Notice he said he can race a ferrari on pole, but has no chance with a car that's behind him. I wonder why? Are they supposed to be equal cars?
https://www.planetf1.com/news/george-ru ... rediction/
“I think we need to focus on ourselves, to be honest,” Russell said.

“I think we’ve seen probably last week and in Budapest that when we are trying to fight with cars that are ultimately faster than us, we end up just compromising our overall results.

“I’d like to think we could fight with Charles. I think fighting with Max will be no chance, they are far quicker than us – trying to stay ahead of Checo and Carlos who are obviously coming from the back of the field.

“The podium will be a minimum for us, but I hope we can have a clean start and at least put up a bit of a fight.”
For Sure!!

search

not sure how he comes to that conclusion, or how the podium can be the minimum for a car more than 1s slower. With no degredation on this track, exactly nothing speaks for Mercedes

etusch

yelistener wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 23:59

Verstappen won almost every corner. Leclerc won the pole on straights, particularly on non-DRS straight. Red Bull seemed to have a different ERS deloyment, apart from its high drag setup. Not sure if this will translate into better tyres wear in race.
more df means more grip, stable braking, better and safe reganaration which gives big advantage during race laps.
Last edited by etusch on 11 Sep 2022, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

ringo wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 07:15
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
BlueCheetah66 wrote:

If you were to eliminate all Ferrari strategy errors the gap from Leclerc to Verstappen would be 54, it would be 29 if you were to eliminate Leclercs blunders in Imola and France. I am not denying that the Red Bull has been the faster car on average across the season by any means, but to say that the RB18 is a dominant car as some have suggested is not correct. Now it may turn out that from now until the end of the season Red Bull go on a run and by the end of the season it could be said that the RB18 is a dominant car, but to come to that conclusion now is a bit premature

See nobody in this Galaxy is denying Ferrari hasn't Fu*ked up , repeating it n million time does not make sense.

you just said leclerc should only be 29 points behind and then you also said they had equal car for many races. even by your logic if we remove both teams mistakes/DNFs, With equal car and 8 poles Charles should have been miles ahead not 29 points behind.

to sum it up we have seen enough proof , there have been enough races where max has won without pole or started from 3rd,10th,14th etc and went on to win it , even in the free practice specialy the long run simulations which is mostly indicative of race setup its always Max with quickest time. You are simply denying a Fact.
George notices the trend as well. Notice he said he can race a ferrari on pole, but has no chance with a car that's behind him. I wonder why? Are they supposed to be equal cars?

“I think we’ve seen probably last week and in Budapest that when we are trying to fight with cars that are ultimately faster than us, we end up just compromising our overall results.

“I’d like to think we could fight with Charles. I think fighting with Max will be no chance, they are far quicker than us – trying to stay ahead of Checo and Carlos who are obviously coming from the back of the field.

“The podium will be a minimum for us, but I hope we can have a clean start and at least put up a bit of a fight.”
i wonder if tomorrow Max goes on to win 4-5 titles with such car and they would still deny it, or say equal car. 😂😂

Swed3121
Swed3121

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 08:49
ringo wrote:
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

i wonder if tomorrow Max goes on to win 4-5 titles with such car and they would still deny it, or say equal car. 😂😂
I think a lot of people here make the mistake of equal car vs equal team.

In 2018/2019-1st half , Ferrari very much had a equal car to the Mercedes but much like this season, the teams are not equal , Mercedes then and RB now are operationally above Ferrari which can be seen through things such as reliability and strategy.

So, doe max/Charles have equal cars, yes (depending a bit on the circuit) but crucially they don’t have equal teams.
I firmly believe that RB could run the F-75 and be in the same position as now. However on the other hand, give Ferrari an RB-20 and you’re still not going to win a wdc

mendis
mendis

ringo wrote:
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
BlueCheetah66 wrote:

George's take on the matter is from the past couple of races where Ferrari got it wrong. In Budapest, Carlos was stupid and slow as he didn't attack George and Charles was just waiting behind Carlos. As soon as Charles got the opportunity, he dispatched George with ease. Up until that point a Mercedes had no chance of fighting a Ferrari. Here once again George will face the reality where a Ferrari will disappear in front of him. Red Bull doesn't have the same inherent downforce that Ferrari has. So they have bolted a lot of wing. Ferrari was equally fast through S2 and faster through S1 and S3. I don't think Max can have this one unless Ferrari does A Ferrari.

aleks_ader

All depends what were Ferrari problems for overheating its tires in couple of races.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Swed3121 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 09:04
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
ringo wrote:

So, doe max/Charles have equal cars, yes
ffs be honest , RB has clear speed advantage over Ferrari , just go and check respective top speeds. also Tyre degradation ... Ferrari has higher degradation. In a non event full race even if Max loses pole to Charles all he has to do is keep within his range till 10 laps and Ferrari speed drops off due to tyre degradation.

imo i have written this 4th time in same post thread but still some unparallel logic is thrown in just to deny something that is fact.

also , No doubt RB are far far better team , they operate with far more clearly and sharpness. pit stops are barely above 3 secs. Driver priority is sorted...They don't waste 5 laps to give orders ...within a lap " you are on different strategy " msg comes out. Point is RB operate with a clarity also they have been in a Title fight as recent as last year so they are working clearly above Ferrari and even Mercs.

That doesn't change fact that.. overall that car is faster , may be not as dominating as the mercs were in past but there is a advantage.

Swed3121
Swed3121

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 09:38
Swed3121 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 09:04
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

So, doe max/Charles have equal cars, yes
ffs be honest , RB has clear speed advantage over Ferrari , just go and check respective top speeds. also Tyre degradation ... Ferrari has higher degradation. In a non event full race even if Max loses pole to Charles all he has to do is keep within his range till 10 laps and Ferrari speed drops off due to tyre degradation.

imo i have written this 4th time in same post thread but still some unparallel logic is thrown in just to deny something that is fact.

also , No doubt RB are far far better team , they operate with far more clearly and sharpness. pit stops are barely above 3 secs. Driver priority is sorted...They don't waste 5 laps to give orders ...within a lap " you are on different strategy " msg comes out. Point is RB operate with a clarity also they have been in a Title fight as recent as last year so they are working clearly above Ferrari and even Mercs.

That doesn't change fact that.. overall that car is faster , may be not as dominating as the mercs were in past but there is a advantage.
Sorry for not being more clear, I do agree that The RB20 has an advantage, I just don’t believe it is strong enough to overcome the difference in team ability.
I.e if any of the top 5 teams in 2020 where given that years Mercedes and a relatively competent driver, I believe they would have won the championship. This year I think the cars are close enough for that not to be tha case