COTA Austin - construction and infrastructure

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

What do you think of the prospect of a USGP 2012 at Austin Texas

Good thinking. Place has good infra structure and nice climate in winter.
47%
Not good as it has no motor sport tradition in the US.
9%
I will wait to see how it will shape up.
36%
I don't care.
9%

Total votes: 269

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

Re: 2012 US GP to be held in Austin

About a week ago, we got word & posted on our FB page that Stadium People was telling its employees they wouldn't be needed for events surrounding the Formula Run event planned for this Saturday at COTA. RunTex and the Statesman quickly responded that the run itself had not been cancelled and was to proceed as planned. We then thought Stadium People might be referring to the Open House we'd been hearing about for some time. Looks like that was it. If any of you had plans to attend that event, the Open House has been cancelled. No certificate of compliance for the Main GS:

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/aust ... ermits-yet
Follow me on twitter @Austin_F1 ...

seninha
seninha

dren wrote:
seninha wrote:
dren wrote:Got tickets and parking passes yesterday. Nice ticket design.
I wonder if our tickets will be delivered by mail (Holland-Europe) :?:

When I orded my tickets I received a mail that they would be mailed to billing address (around 15th of OCT)
But a week ago I received a mail that tickets could be picket up in Downtown Austin??

I find it very strange.

About the seats, does anybody found a map where you can find purchase seats?
We have seats on row 18 , section T11W5. I we do not have any idea what to expect.
Is there a map on the website? I got an email saying the tickets would be mailed out on the 22nd of October. So if you had yours mailed (you set that up when you ordered them) then I would expect you to have them today or early next week.
One week to go before we get on the plane to Houston and still NO tickets received :evil:

I tried several times to get in contact whit the circuit but again and again connection ends before I can talk to anybody :|
It looks like I need to get the tickets down town Austin.

Only wonder what will happens if tickets where shipped by mail, and get here AFTER I left ???

Wonder what the problem could be? Bought tickets before (Malaysia an Montreal) and every time I received the tickets by mail without any problem.

FW17

seninha wrote: One week to go before we get on the plane to Houston and still NO tickets received :evil:

I tried several times to get in contact whit the circuit but again and again connection ends before I can talk to anybody :|

Only wonder what will happens if tickets where shipped by mail, and get here AFTER I left ???

Wonder what the problem could be? Bought tickets before (Malaysia an Montreal) and every time I received the tickets by mail without any problem.

You should talk to Ticketmaster as COTA has nothing to do with this.

seninha
seninha

Thanks. Somehow I did not think about that.

I just logged into Ticketmasters site and this is what I see about my tickets:

Your tickets need to be picked up at the venue's Will Call window

NO idea what they mean with : at the venue's Will Call window

FW17

seninha wrote:Thanks. Somehow I did not think about that.

Chat with them
http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/help.html ... =tm_i_help

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

WilliamsF1 wrote:
seninha wrote: One week to go before we get on the plane to Houston and still NO tickets received :evil:

You should talk to Ticketmaster as COTA has nothing to do with this.
Not too sure about that. Just prior to receiving my tickets about a week ago I got a notification email from COTA's Tuan Nguyen saying they were coming. It seems TM is selling the tickets, but COTA is overseeing the printing & delivery.

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

seninha wrote:Thanks. Somehow I did not think about that.

That means there will be a window at the Ticket Office marked "Will Call". It's a window dedicated to distributing tickets that were undeliverable or that the customer wishes to pick up at the event. You should have been notified of this.

seninha
seninha

OK.I think that I received a email about that.
So that means I need to go to downtown office at Austin.

Now I need to figure out how to know which Shuttle Location I can use.According to Circuit site location will be assigned.
I just send then an email to get the right location.

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

seninha wrote:OK.I think that I received a email about that.

Now I need to figure out how to know which Shuttle Location I can use.According to Circuit site location will be assigned.
I noticed you mention going to the downtown office. Is this something you were told by COTA? The reason I ask is that "Will Call" windows are usually at the site of the event. I have searched the Frequently Asked Questions page on the COTA website. I found nothing at all in regard to picking up Will Call tickets, so I'm curious now what the answer is. If I find out where Will Call tickets are to be picked up, I'll pass it on. Does anyone else know?

FW17

hairy_scotsman wrote:

I noticed you mention going to the downtown office. Is this something you were told by COTA? The reason I ask is that "Will Call" windows are usually at the site of the event. I have searched the Frequently Asked Questions page on the COTA website. I found nothing at all in regard to picking up Will Call tickets, so I'm curious now what the answer is. If I find out where Will Call tickets are to be picked up, I'll pass it on. Does anyone else know?
There was something about it being at COTA sales office in the city on all days except on Sunday. Sunday the tickets can be picked from the track office.

However not sure how you can enter the track without the passes for shuttle.

alpen
alpen

no tickets here yet either, still says tickets are being printed as it has for the past 3 weeks

fastball48
fastball48

Is anyone going to the official COTA afterparty? I've been debating on whether or not to get some general admission tickets. Anyone here gone to other official after parties? If so, how were they? Is it worth the $100 per ticket?

hairy_scotsman
hairy_scotsman

OK, I asked the question on our FB page and 3 or 4 people immediately gave me the same answer and posted the COTA email with the info:
If you prefer to pick up your tickets in Austin the week of the race, we will be making your tickets available at our Will Call pickup area in our downtown Austin office beginning Monday, November 12, 2012.

Our office is located at 301 Congress Avenue Suite 210, Austin, TX 78701.

Our pickup hours begin Monday, November 12, and are as follows:
• Monday–Wednesday from 10 A.M. to 6 P.M.
• Thursday–Friday from 10 A.M. to 8 P.M.
• Saturday from 10 A.M. to 6 P.M.
• Sunday: Any remaining Will Call tickets not picked up by Sunday will be at the Grand Plaza Ticket Booth at Circuit of The Americas.
Please keep in mind that failure to pick up your tickets before Sunday means that you WILL NOT have access to the complimentary shuttle and transportation to the circuit must be made on your own accord.

A photo ID will be required to pick up your tickets.

Only the person whose name the account is under will be able to pick up the tickets.

You will have the entire business week of the race (Monday through Saturday) to pick up your tickets and/or parking passes.

PLEASE REPLY ASAP IF YOU PREFER YOUR TICKETS BE AT WILL CALL.

seninha
seninha

hairy_scotsman wrote:

This is the mail I received from them where they mention that I need to pick up the tickets down town and not at location:

Mr Alcatraz

Where is section 8 row 25 Mezanine located???
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand