2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

billamend wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 02:18
djos wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 02:06
billamend wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 01:52
If you see their videos, they're all using Teams, not Webex
No one in their right mind uses WebEx .... it's horrible!
Teams is also pretty awful, but still much better
It's passable but could be better.
"In downforce we trust"

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Marc.W wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 21:17
Lando and Daniel seem to be getting along better :lol:
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

bauc

Ground Effect wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 15:53
Marc.W wrote:
Yes, chemistry in the team is high, we only need now fast car [-o<
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Marc.W

Ground Effect wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 15:53
Marc.W wrote:
First thing I noticed too, everything seems more natural between them now

Balalu
Balalu

Makes me a bit nervous to see our concept seems to be closer to Haas and Williams than the rest.. But I do have faith in McLaren.
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

Marc.W

Balalu wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 22:12
Makes me a bit nervous to see our concept seems to be closer to Haas and Williams than the rest.. But I do have faith in McLaren.
2 teams with the most wind tunnel and cfd time :wink:

Balalu
Balalu

Marc.W wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 22:14
Balalu wrote:
I doubt that will make such a drastic difference.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Balalu wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 22:16
Marc.W wrote:
Balalu wrote:
You can argue that the reason why Mercedes / RBR / Ferrari have been at the front during the last decade is because they have had more resources than everyone else, guess where those resources were placed? CFD and Wind Tunnel time (of course, there are other factors in the Chassis / Suspension)… The ability to iterate more potential solutions is a competitive advantage… So I wouldn’t dismiss it.

Of course, it’s not only a matter of quantity, but quality… But I wouldn’t guess the team’s order in the grid based on pictures… Let’s wait and see… The only measuring tool is the chronograph… Lap times will tell us what to expect

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Don’t know if this hints at a soon to be announced renewal, but there was a shot in the unboxed episode of Coca Cola drinks placed on a desk.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Balalu
Balalu

SmallSoldier wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 22:20
Balalu wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 22:16
Marc.W wrote:

You can argue that the reason why Mercedes / RBR / Ferrari have been at the front during the last decade is because they have had more resources than everyone else, guess where those resources were placed? CFD and Wind Tunnel time (of course, there are other factors in the Chassis / Suspension)… The ability to iterate more potential solutions is a competitive advantage… So I wouldn’t dismiss it.

Of course, it’s not only a matter of quantity, but quality… But I wouldn’t guess the team’s order in the grid based on pictures… Let’s wait and see… The only measuring tool is the chronograph… Lap times will tell us what to expect
Yes, but there was a big difference in quantity of time/resources vs the rest. With the limitations now in place, I think it would not be that drastic.

I totally agree with your last paragraph.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Marc.W wrote:
That was great. I was literally in tears when Dan was trying to lift up Lando in his racesuit and they were getting scolded "Please don't crease it!!" :lol:

McFAN
McFAN

Balalu wrote:
It seems to me that AM and AR are the outliers with their 'double floor' concept
The others are broadly trying to achieve the same thing i.e isolating the diffuser from the from the front tyre wake & sealing the floor by either generating an outwash effect with the sidepods or in Alpha Tauri's case (possibly Red Bull too judging by the leaked photos) by having the undercut lead to the rear brake ducts and downwash to feed the top of the diffuser

Will be fascinating to see what Mercedes comes up with.

McFAN
McFAN

McFAN wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 23:21
Balalu wrote:
It seems to me that AM and AR are the outliers with their 'double floor' concept
The others are broadly trying to achieve the same thing i.e isolating the diffuser from the from the front tyre wake & sealing the floor by either generating an outwash effect with the sidepods or in Alpha Tauri's case (possibly Red Bull too judging by the leaked photos) by having the undercut lead to the rear brake ducts and downwash to feed the top of the diffuser

Looks like Scarbs agrees :wink:

Balalu
Balalu

McFAN wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 23:26
McFAN wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 23:21
Balalu wrote:

Looks like Scarbs agrees :wink:

👌

Zynerji

Balalu wrote:
HAAS and Williams had the most CFD and Tunnel development allotment than anyone else, so that may turn out to be a great thing!